Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I can’t recall the feat off the top of my head, and I agree on the zero buoyancy thing, but don’t undersell the impressiveness of actually moving a sub. Particularly if it’s not in the direction in which the sub is pointing. Not because of weight, but shifting something with that much size at any sort of speed against water resistance / water drag (I can’t think of the correct terms but you get my gist) is no mean feat. And Aquaman’s ability to move through the water quickly doesn’t help him in dissipating the drag on the sub itself.

Not saying it’s on the level of the space whale stuff etc., but it’s not insignificant.
    Oh sure, it's not nothing, it's just that people were trying to sell it as "Aquaman can physically lift hundreds of thousands of tons!" when the movie dropped, counting it somehow as "lifting" both the sub and the column of water above it. He braces himself on the bottom of the sub and redirects it from moving straight to moving up towards the surface. It's a lovely feat for Aquaman, certainly his best strength feat, but it's bupkis next to Hulk/Thor level, which in turn is still at "get easily overpowered by Thanos" level.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    He defeated Aquaman with two attacks, both while under water. While battling Wonder Woman in the tunnel he seemed to temporarily over-power her in their duel.
    And in their main fight, they swat him around the room. I'm not saying that he's not stronger than Aquaman or Wonder Woman - he is, by what we see on screen - it's just that isn't really anything to Thanos. The guy who's strength IS something to Thanos, Superman, casually dominates Steppy, making him look as bad as his CGI.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Oh sure, it's not nothing, it's just that people were trying to sell it as "Aquaman can physically lift hundreds of thousands of tons!" when the movie dropped, counting it somehow as "lifting" both the sub and the column of water above it. He braces himself on the bottom of the sub and redirects it from moving straight to moving up towards the surface. It's a lovely feat for Aquaman, certainly his best strength feat, but it's bupkis next to Hulk/Thor level, which in turn is still at "get easily overpowered by Thanos" level.

And in their main fight, they swat him around the room. I'm not saying that he's not stronger than Aquaman or Wonder Woman - he is, by what we see on screen - it's just that isn't really anything to Thanos. The guy who's strength IS something to Thanos, Superman, casually dominates Steppy, making him look as bad as his CGI.
    I do agree that Thanos beats Steppewolf, but to be fair Superman would dominate Thanos too.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    I do agree that Thanos beats Steppewolf, but to be fair Superman would dominate Thanos too.
    Oh of course - Supes has speed as well as strength and the combo is a definite step too far for Thanos. I'm leery on Clark wanting to just stand there and tank Thanos' vibranium-cutting weapon, but in the Arena, there's no reason he'd do that anyway.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    And this is exactly why Steppenwolf was a bad choice for the JL movie villain.

One member of the JL on their own was way too much for him. Supes treated him like a red-headed Steppenchild.
    Chief Curmudgeon

One member of the JL on their own was way too much for him. Supes treated him like a red-headed Steppenchild.
    Superman was the only one too much for him actually and he still survived bloodlust attack from the guy.

True but Superman was 99% of the Justice League's power anyway so anybody that could make a real fight of it with Superman should curbstomp the DCEU JL if Superman isn't there.
    Power with Girl is better.