Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I cannot believe X-Force is still fighting Evil Beast in issue #50. This storyline should get an award for the most drawn out story in comics EVER. I can't wait for Avengers Era Beast to return.

Spectacular Member Quill-Han-Vos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    I saw something somewhere else where it ends on UXM 700 as the big send off and would allow Brevoorts reign to start at a number one and not deal with legacy numbering mid way through, but I don't know if that would be needed.
    Among other things, the X-Men titles stood apart during those nearly five years by not having the dual numbering (relaunch and legacy) on their covers.
    They can go back to doing that sort of thing under Brevoort (with Uncanny X-Men #1/LGY #701).

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    I cannot believe X-Force is still fighting Evil Beast in issue #50. This storyline should get an award for the most drawn out story in comics EVER. I can't wait for Avengers Era Beast to return.
    Its felt even longer considering this storyline bled into the Wolverine solo

What happened to Tom Cassidy in X-Force?
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I saw someone in the X-Men Monday begging Percy to not leave. Bro must be lacing the food.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    What happened to Tom Cassidy in X-Force?
    He's still there.
    Last edited by Triniking1234; 12-08-2023 at 11:57 AM.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Its felt even longer considering this storyline bled into the Wolverine solo
    Yeah that definitely has made it worse. Percy must really hate Beast to write such a prolonged character assassination story. This storyline along with most of the Krakoan era focus going to "former" villains has ruined this entire era for me. And I was so excited when it first started and enjoyed a lot of it but not anymore. I dropped most Marvel books after the last Hellfire Gala. Which is ultimately fine because not everything Marvel puts out has to appeal to me. My ego is not that big. I will be checking out the return of the Avengers Era Beast though. I'm hoping for the best but I'm worried it's a fake out.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    He's still there.
    Indeed. Black Tom hasn't seen much action as he's been driving X-Force's current mobile base around.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Is this the first we are seeing that Betsy Dead X-Men #3 cover?

It's not like I am some omega-level Betsy fan, but I have to say that I did not like the Captain Britain thing, and if that is over, cool.

I'm kinda ready for all this to be over. I really loved Krakoa as the status quo, but it feels like we've been in a holding pattern since Sins of Sinister. First leading up to Fall of X, then during Fall of X, and now with FotHoX and RotPoX. The main storyline, at least. Immortal, Red and X-Force have still been telling their stories. I'm more than ready for the actual ending story to kick into gear though.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

How many times must they decide the fate of Mutantkind? Didn't they decide last year and the year before that?

Never seen so much decision making sheesh.
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I have some ideas about what might have happened with X-Force. This is all complete conjecture but, I think Percy's overarching story was probably originally plotted to fill what the initial timeline of Krakoa was supposed to be. But when the era was a hit and they decided to extend it, rather than sticking to that original plotting or outline for X-Force they decided to also extend the series. I think the problem with that is Percy didn't have a clear or good idea of how to fill that extra space, which is why so much of it feels meandering and pointless. If that was the case, I think it would have benefited heavily from sticking to that original outline/issue span and then relaunching with a new writer if they wanted to keep the X-Force title active.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I have some ideas about what might have happened with X-Force. This is all complete conjecture but, I think Percy's overarching story was probably originally plotted to fill what the initial timeline of Krakoa was supposed to be. But when the era was a hit and they decided to extend it, rather than sticking to that original plotting or outline for X-Force they decided to also extend the series. I think the problem with that is Percy didn't have a clear or good idea of how to fill that extra space, which is why so much of it feels meandering and pointless. If that was the case, I think it would have benefited heavily from sticking to that original outline/issue span and then relaunching with a new writer if they wanted to keep the X-Force title active.
    The thing is, in some respects it was the most successful Krakoa book. 50 issues is like the new 100 issues.

The way Percy handled the Beast arc reminds me of Bendis with the Last Will and Testament but FAR much worse

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    How many times must they decide the fate of Mutantkind? Didn't they decide last year and the year before that?

Never seen so much decision making sheesh.
    And it's a sure bet it will continue into the Brevoort era. A year in there'll be yet another genocidal maniac wanting to eradicate all Mutants...for the thousandth time.

I'm pretty much still here only for XMRed and that's finishing next week and RoM but I've mentally and emotionally clocked out. Not even RotPoX and FotHoX has my interest anymore.
    And I've already decided that based off of definitive news regarding the Brevoort era with respects to creatives and plots involved...I will decide if I'm following any of the X-books after the End has finally ended. Seems like a good time to jump off entirely and focus on Independents and other non-X-Books.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Quill-Han-Vos View Post
    Among other things, the X-Men titles stood apart during those nearly five years by not having the dual numbering (relaunch and legacy) on their covers.
    They can go back to doing that sort of thing under Brevoort (with Uncanny X-Men #1/LGY #701).
    I'm glad they didn't have the little legacy numbering, it's felt like a cheap gimmick for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The way Percy handled the Beast arc reminds me of Bendis with the Last Will and Testament but FAR much worse
    Oh god, now that you mention it.

I'm conflicted on Beast now too. I'm glad he's returning to himself but I struggle to see how any of the X-Men would want to work with him.