Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I have some ideas about what might have happened with X-Force. This is all complete conjecture but, I think Percy's overarching story was probably originally plotted to fill what the initial timeline of Krakoa was supposed to be. But when the era was a hit and they decided to extend it, rather than sticking to that original plotting or outline for X-Force they decided to also extend the series. I think the problem with that is Percy didn't have a clear or good idea of how to fill that extra space, which is why so much of it feels meandering and pointless. If that was the case, I think it would have benefited heavily from sticking to that original outline/issue span and then relaunching with a new writer if they wanted to keep the X-Force title active.
    Considering how non-integral to the line Percy’s stuff has been, I’m sure if he wanted to he could have finished his storyline earlier and left the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    And it's a sure bet it will continue into the Brevoort era. A year in there'll be yet another genocidal maniac wanting to eradicate all Mutants...for the thousandth time.

I'm pretty much still here only for XMRed and that's finishing next week and RoM but I've mentally and emotionally clocked out. Not even RotPoX and FotHoX has my interest anymore.
    And I've already decided that based off of definitive news regarding the Brevoort era with respects to creatives and plots involved...I will decide if I'm following any of the X-books after the End has finally ended. Seems like a good time to jump off entirely and focus on Independents and other non-X-Books.
    This is pretty much where I’m at (other than my excitement for Dead X-Men). When DXM and RoM end in April I might check out before the era officially. And while the departure of Ewing makes me sad, it does make it easier to make a clean break if the next status quo is lackluster.
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 12-08-2023 at 01:34 PM.

Mighty Member

Man ShadowKat and Ms Marvel have really taken over the X-men book, what happened to the supposed leader of the team Synch? He and Talon have just been shoved off to the side.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Man ShadowKat and Ms Marvel have really taken over the X-men book, what happened to the supposed leader of the team Synch? He and Talon have just been shoved off to the side.
    None of the team books have really been team books during most of the Krakoan era. Hopefully a change is coming. I'm sick to death of it all.

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    None of the team books have really been team books during most of the Krakoan era. Hopefully a change is coming. I'm sick to death of it all.
    This book felt like one just prior to Fall of X. I think Duggan had a better grasp on his Year 2 team than he did Year 1. Its like he lost his cast and then decided to focus most of hte attention on Kitty (his fave from Maraurders) and Kamala

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    This book felt like one just prior to Fall of X. I think Duggan had a better grasp on his Year 2 team than he did Year 1. Its like he lost his cast and then decided to focus most of hte attention on Kitty (his fave from Maraurders) and Kamala
    I think he'd be better on a Power Man and Iron Fist book. He only seems to want to pair characters together instead of writing teams. IDK. I enjoyed the first year or so but now I'm done. Maybe I'll like what's next?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    Yeah that definitely has made it worse. Percy must really hate Beast to write such a prolonged character assassination story. This storyline along with most of the Krakoan era focus going to "former" villains has ruined this entire era for me. And I was so excited when it first started and enjoyed a lot of it but not anymore. I dropped most Marvel books after the last Hellfire Gala. Which is ultimately fine because not everything Marvel puts out has to appeal to me. My ego is not that big. I will be checking out the return of the Avengers Era Beast though. I'm hoping for the best but I'm worried it's a fake out.
    And yet X-force is the only Dawn of X launch title to still be going until on.
    Somehow the writer found a way to sustain sales despite utter mediocrity by apparently not doing anything too wrong to lose it's buyership, though being essentialy a Wolverine satelite title for most of it's runtime likely helped.

I guess it's nice to get a good Kitty/Magik team-up in there even if it doesn't reveal much.

I hope that cover means Betsy's going back to spandex.

Sabertooth with boobs is cursed.

50 issues of X-Force? It feels like longer.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Synch
    Sank
    Sunk
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Extraordinary Member

Having a Magik-Shadokat issue seems like a knowing bone to the fans. Bendis did something similar when his run was wrapping up and it was one of his best stories. Duggan has been one the worst writers ever for Magik over the past year, but most of the problems come specifically when she was paired with Jean. When she's been with the team as a whole or with people other than Jean he writes her fine.

Woof. That Kid Cable cover is the stuff of nightmares. I'm triggered by both the character's awfulness, and how awful he's drawn there. As for the rest of the books that I'm interested in from this batch...

- X-men looks badass. Kitty and Illyana crushing Orchis with swords? Okay. I'm in.
    - Sabretooth War seems to be heating up over in Wolverine. Definitely intrigued by this one.
    - That X-Force team is dope. Too bad the book hasn't been all that great, because I love this team. Especially having both Logan and Laura together again.
    - And I'm buying Dead X-men for the Dazzler and Jubilee banter (loved X-Terminators). Hope it's good.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

This cover looks dope like hell. Leinil Yu you rock my world.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

We'll get some Synch and Talon in issue 30 when they go up against the High Evolutionary and Co. presumably to tie up that loose plot where they fought each other way back in X-Men issue 03.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Omg! Don’t toy with my emotions Marvel!

Betsy looks so flawless on that cover! The costume, the hair, the butterfly, the sword AND the knife? Please let this be her permanently going back to it. Pleeeeeeeease!

Happy to see so many people here excited for it too. ��

March 2024 solicitations are out! Rather than starting a new thread I'll just add some variants.
    https://aiptcomics.com/2023/12/21/fu...solicitations/

FALL OF THE HOUSE OF X #3 (OF 5)

NICK BRADSHAW

PAULO SIQUEIRA

MIGUEL MERCADO
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

I'm like 90% sure at this point that Moira is the Dominion.