Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Default Jurassic Park Survival

I feel like six year old me from 1993 is probably squeeing somewhere inside me noggin. This is definitely one of the games I dreamed most about happening, I just hope they don’t mess it up…

All this time I thought I wanted a Dino Crisis sequel, but this will definitely do.

Looks fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    All this time I thought I wanted a Dino Crisis sequel, but this will definitely do.

Looks fun.
    I am hoping it’s pretty open ended so we can explore the Visitor Centre and other iconic locations from the film somewhat freely.

Look decent. I hope there is a 3rd person option as I hate first person games.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

One interesting question is how the game approaches the raptors. The Jurassic World games and expanded projects set around the first film had to come up with reasons why there was more raptors than just Blue and her three sisters. In the lore of the original film, there was originally eight raptors bred but the ‘big one’ killed all but two of them to assert her dominance. She and one of her cronies got killed by Rexy, leaving the remaining crony who was locked in the freezer by Tim and Lex. The trailer however shows that the freezer has been opened, so clearly the raptor in there has escaped being frozen to death. In the short bursts of gameplay we only see the player being attacked by one raptor, which makes me wonder if the game will take an Alien Isolation approach and only have one raptor in the entire game.

Of course we know that ‘life, ah, finds a way’ so it’s possible that there are secretly more raptors on the island either bred in secret (Wu no doubt) or the original raptors somehow got pregnant and had eggs all hush hush…

Guessing the scientist missed the boat that took most of the staff in the movie somehow.

The game is sort of a revival of a cancelled Jurassic Park III game which would've taken place on a third island (A plotline that Camp Cretaceous eventually used)

As for the Raptor, it's possible that one of the three could've laid eggs in the time they were loose I suppose (Probably too smart to have them in the pen though where they could probably be easily discovered or too confined a space).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Makes me wonder actually, what happened to the baby Raptor that has just been born? I wonder if it was abandoned same as the other dinosaurs. Poor fella.

A similar Raptor is killed in the novel.

Kind of makes me wonder about the hatchery in general, according to the films the Dinosaurs are mostly born on Sorna/Site B than shipped to the park, although we of course have the embryos Nedry stole and the baby raptors.

I suppose they kept a small breeding facility on-hand perhaps, and also, as Hammond says, "something for the tourists".
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Looks fun as hell.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium