Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default It’s Beast vs…Beast in new ‘X-Force’ #48 teaser

https://aiptcomics.com/2023/12/08/be...rce-48-teaser/

THE BEST WAY TO STOP BEAST… IS BEAST!

Beast has finally gone too far and X-FORCE enacts a radical plan to take him down in next month’s X-FORCE #48.

Don’t miss this long-awaited evolution for an original X-Men icon as writer Benjamin Percy and artist Robert Gill set the stage X-FORCE’s milestone 50th issue!

X-FORCE #48
    Written by BENJAMIN PERCY
    Art by ROBERT GILL
    Cover by DANIEL ACUŃA
    On Sale 1/24

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Oh it's clear now how it's X-Force who brings up an earlier version of Hank via his Avengers-era backup. It will be interesting to see if that Beast will then get to stick around. I do like the poetic justice of the team using Hank's own strategy against Scott when he first brought the O5 in the present.

What’s the point of Dark Beast now?

Isn't he currently just a severed head in a jar?

I am just going to say it. Percy really dropped the ball and totally @$##%*ed this whole Beast story up.
    "She never loved you, you know you always frightened her"- Cyclops
    "And if she was here right now....Who do you think she would be more frightened of?"- Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    What’s the point of Dark Beast now?
    Exactly. And even if the Avengers Era Beast ends up sticking around to replace the "real" Beast it doesn't matter. Beast has been ruined as a character. Even Avengers Era Beast should eventually evolve to the POS version of Beast we know have. Bleh.

Nice. Hopefully Mungho will be happy. It will be nice to have the bouncing blue good Beast back.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Nice. Hopefully Mungho will be happy. It will be nice to have the bouncing blue good Beast back.
    They aren't bringing him back to stay. Mark my words. Marvel doesn't like to give fans what they want with certain characters. Beast is one of those characters. Beast fans have wanted the Avengers Era Beast back since Morrison turned him into a blue cat. That was decades ago.
    Last edited by M@Bowers2014; 12-08-2023 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    They aren't bringing him back to stay. Mark my words. Marvel doesn't like to give fans what they want with certain characters. Beast is one of those characters. Beast fans have wanted the Avengers Era Beast back since Morrison turned him into a blue cat. That was decades ago.
    Well, to be fair, they eventually put Betsy and Kwannon back. Maybe they will take the trash out with the end of this shift and give us back TAS erudite and fun Beast.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I wonder if Brevoort wanted to inherit a more heroic Beast.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Well, to be fair, they eventually put Betsy and Kwannon back. Maybe they will take the trash out with the end of this shift and give us back TAS erudite and fun Beast.
    I hope you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Pretty happy, I guess. With the upcoming cartoon, I'm sure the upper Marvel echelon wanted a heroic Beast in the comics to match the good Beast in the cartoon. And with Percy's own words saying the very end of his run of X-Force would mirror the very beginning of his run, I'm optimistic. Which means, in issue #50, bad Beast tries to kill good Beast, and Wolverine saves good Beast and eviscerates bad Beast and then monologues something profound.

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    Exactly. And even if the Avengers Era Beast ends up sticking around to replace the "real" Beast it doesn't matter. Beast has been ruined as a character. Even Avengers Era Beast should eventually evolve to the POS version of Beast we know have. Bleh.
    This is one thing I'm worried about, that this character is irreversibly tainted by what Percy's done to him. The hatred and vitriol spewed against him daily on reddit(I know, reddit's a cesspool, I'm not going there anymore).

If Percy tries to add some cruel twist I'm done with modern comics for good.
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

All-New Member

Idk, using an older copy worked for Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowflare View Post
    Idk, using an older copy worked for Tony
    I know, but Tony's evil-doings didn't last this long (I think?). And the hate-boner so many seem to have for Hank now is...disturbing.
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    I know, but Tony's evil-doings didn't last this long (I think?). And the hate-boner so many seem to have for Hank now is...disturbing.
    Ignore the hate wankers. It won't be long after the dust settles and the story is over that they'll forget about it and move on to something else to screech at.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!