Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Yeah, there’s something intriguing about having that knowledge of yourself… that left unchecked, you become a dastardly villain. What would you do in that event to prevent it? What safeguards would a genius level intellect like Hank McCoy put in place to prevent himself from allowing his ego to run amok and take him down this dark path?

Definitely an intriguing character arc in my mind. If done right.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Yeah, they can always go to the "Sublime or something possessed him like in that Morrison story" and it would work.
    The "Cassandra Nova is a giant owl spirit at war with the demon bear through time and we used them in that story where NONE of the characters linked to these foes are present" was weird and we ended up accepting it after all.
    Is that how Orlando's Marauders ended?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Agreed, I would find this very interesting. Beast getting a second chance at life so to speak and watching him navigate as he tries to do things better this time. I think there's a lot of story potential there.
    That sounds like something the Siege Perilous could help with.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Yeah, there’s something intriguing about having that knowledge of yourself… that left unchecked, you become a dastardly villain. What would you do in that event to prevent it? What safeguards would a genius level intellect like Hank McCoy put in place to prevent himself from allowing his ego to run amok and take him down this dark path?

Definitely an intriguing character arc in my mind. If done right.
    They could start by having him confront his issues. He still has a large amount of self-loathing for taking the serum that gave him his fur as well as deep-seated insecurities since he was a child because of his large hands and feet. I'd even go so far as to say he has body-dysmorphia. The fact he was willing to sell his soul in order to feel at peace is very telling. He needs to learn to ask for help when he needs it.

That one-page piece in the 2018 X-Men Christmas issue by Rainbow Rowell was excellent, but nothing ever came of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Is that how Orlando's Marauders ended?
    I'm curious too!
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    Whoa, what story was that?
    That was in Humphries Uncanny X-Force, a bit of a redemption arc for Bishop. Betsy and Ororo went into his mind and learned about the giant owl spirit and all that.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    That was in Humphries Uncanny X-Force, a bit of a redemption arc for Bishop. Betsy and Ororo went into his mind and learned about the giant owl spirit and all that.
    Yeah thanks. It was an answer about Bishop's redemption being very weird.
    I still regret that book. The team was very good but the direction was messy.

Fantastic Member

If there's one thing I've really enjoyed in Krakoa X-Force it's the quality organic tech and meat suits, which Beast seems to be using and peaked early on with Forge and Domino.