Extraordinary Member

Default Brenda Lee's Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree hits #1

Finally after 65 years since it was first recorded, Brenda Lee's Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree hits #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.

At 78, Lee becomes the oldest female to top the chart. She surpasses Cher, who grabbed the record when she topped the chart with Believe in her 50s.

Classy Mariah Carey sent Lee flowers to congratulate her on.the accomplishment. Lee was just 13 years old when she recorded the classic Christmas song.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Finally after 65 years since it was first recorded, Brenda Lee's Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree hits #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.

At 78, Lee becomes the oldest female to top the chart. She surpasses Cher, who grabbed the record when she topped the chart with Believe in her 50s.

Classy Mariah Carey sent Lee flowers to congratulate her on.the accomplishment. Lee was just 13 years old when she recorded the classic Christmas song.
    I found that last part incredible. Great song. Great performance of it. My congrats in lieu of expensive flowers, to Lee.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Cool beans!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Very interesting.

We play that song every Christmas.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Retired

You would think it would peak every December. When I hear it, I'm instantly transported back to the school gym, where we square danced to that song every year before Christmas. I can never forget Connie Woo swinging me around like she was going to send me into outer space. And I loved it.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    You would think it would peak every December. When I hear it, I'm instantly transported back to the school gym, where we square danced to that song every year before Christmas. I can never forget Connie Woo swinging me around like she was going to send me into outer space. And I loved it.
    When the charts were based on record sales more than streaming, that kind of thing rarely happened. Everybody already had a 45 of, say, White Christmas lying around that they'd just dig out for the holidays. Now it's mostly based on streaming.

I watched the US Top 25 over the weekend and there was a whole bunch of old and not so old Christmas songs charting, from Paul McCartney to Ariana Grande.

Here is the Hot 100 - so many Christmas classics charting again.
    https://www.billboard.com/charts/hot-100/
    Last edited by CaptainEurope; 12-11-2023 at 01:08 AM.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    When the charts were based on record sales more than streaming, that kind of thing rarely happened. Everybody already had a 45 of, say, White Christmas lying around that they'd just dig out for the holidays. Now it's mostly based on streaming.

I watched the US Top 25 over the weekend and there was a whole bunch of old and not so old Christmas songs charting, from Paul McCartney to Ariana Grande.

Here is the Hot 100 - so many Christmas classics charting again.
    https://www.billboard.com/charts/hot-100/
    Yeah, streaming has definitely changed the whole dynamic of the Billboard charts.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Yeah, streaming has definitely changed the whole dynamic of the Billboard charts.
    I enjoy the Christmas songs charting like they do, but they should show the streaming of an entire album ONLY on the Airplay/Streaming chart and only allow an official single to chart on the Hot 100. JMO.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

I enjoy the Christmas songs charting like they do, but they should show the streaming of an entire album ONLY on the Airplay/Streaming chart and only allow an official single to chart on the Hot 100. JMO.
    I totally agree, caj.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?