Default Martian Manhunter vs Green Lantern

Martian Manhunter vs Green Lantern

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Martian Manhunter vs Green Lantern
    Which GL?

Against Hal, who can defend against high-level telepathy (iirc), MM loses.

The others? Dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    Which GL?

Against Hal, who can defend against high-level telepathy (iirc), MM loses.

The others? Dunno.
    I wouldn’t be so sure as MM will start with a blitz. Hal has auto shields but can it withstand hundreds of class 100 punches? J’Onn can also phase through the shields.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    J’Onn can also phase through the shields.
    MM can phase through the GL shields? Well, then he can just pluck out Hal's brain or something.

I would've thought GL energy would be proof against phasing, especially when formed into defensive shields.
    Last edited by Shai-Hulud; 12-10-2023 at 09:33 AM.

Are auto shields necessary to defend against MM's TP? I thought TP defense was simply a component of (Hal's) ring?

The other question is how is MM's speed these days? The last reboot I recall was Rebirth and I don't recall the Martian having any speed feats.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

In the post crisis days, Hal and Kyle both had pretty good psychic resistance feats which could be amped further by the ring, to the point where J'onn could be shut out. Even John Stewart could use his ring to defend against Fernus the Burning Martian, albeit not without harm to himself. But J'onn had high end speed feats which should let him blitz and either trap a Lantern in a sophisticated illusion. A top tier Lantern would break out eventually, but they'd lose by 10 count first. Alternatively, he could potentially overwhelm pure auto shields on sheer strength and speed. A prepared Lantern would be a different story. John Stewart casually made barriers J'onn couldn't escape, and all of Guy Gardner has one shot the Martian before.

I'm not really sure about current versions. The modern Martian seems to be pretty close to the modern Kryptonian in strength. J'onn and Clark shoved around space ships bigger than Earth together. J'onn still seems to be a global level telepath. But I'm less sure about speed or durability. I know J'onn had a telepathic battle which operated in picoseconds but that seems SMvsFL.