Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

"Hook" is during Christmas - was it a Christmas movie? I thought it had an intriguing premise, but it turned into nonsense pretty quickly. "Strongly dislike" is spot on for me when it comes to that movie.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    A Christmas Story. I can't stand it.

I remember liking it when I first saw it, but then the networks kept forcing it down our throats every holiday season, culminating in playing it on a loop for 24 hours. It completely turned me against the movie.
    I think it should of stayed as the 24 hour marathon on Christmas Eve thru Christmas night and that's the only showings. I like A Christmas Story, but it's on from Early November.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    So is "Lethal Weapon" a Christmas movie or a movie that just takes place during Christmas? Does the holiday actually impact the story in any way? The movie starting out with Roger's birthday is as relevant if not more so, to the story.

Also, I'm not a fan of "The Santa Clause." Never saw the whole thing, but I just don't like Tim Allen. (aside from "Galaxy Quest", but that had more to do with everyone else in the cast and the writing - he just managed to not ruin it)
    I'd say Christmas is a bigger part of the story in Lethal Weapon than it is in Die Hard (you can easily change the party in Die Hard to a New Year's Eve celebration or even a CEO retirement party and it would play the same, outside of a handful of decorations and the "Ho-Ho-Ho now I have a machine gun" bit.) So if Die Hard counts, Lethal Weapon should totally count as well.

Tim Allen was also good in Toy Story.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"