Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Green Lantern #6 Preview

Green Lantern #6 Preview
    Writer: Jeremy Adams
    Artists: Xermanico and Scott Godlewski
    Backup Writer: Peter Tomasi
    Backup Artists: David LaFuente

Since when has the emotional spectrum showed signs of being like Kryptonite? Has that been shown before or is Adams pulling that out nowhere?

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Since when has the emotional spectrum showed signs of being like Kryptonite? Has that been shown before or is Adams pulling that out nowhere?
    This is new to me too, I only know of GLs being able to produce Kryptonite radiation. Being a natural emittance is a huge power boost against Kryptonians.

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledMan View Post
    This is new to me too, I only know of GLs being able to produce Kryptonite radiation. Being a natural emittance is a huge power boost against Kryptonians.
    I don't think they let GLs produce Kryptonite anymore. Those issues they fought Zod would have been a lot less interesting.

Seems more like an excuse to have Superman not be able to interfere. Which is fine with me, but it's news to me too.

Oh hey look, the wider DCU!

Is that supposed to be Tim with Bruce?

Sinestro finally so tired of Hal he's just letting it all out as a Red Lantern.

I don't think they let GLs produce Kryptonite anymore. Those issues they fought Zod would have been a lot less interesting.
    At least up until Death Metal, we'll always have this masterpiece.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Seems more like an excuse to have Superman not be able to interfere. Which is fine with me, but it's news to me too.
    For me it's fine to make up an excuse to not involve the Supes, but it's a weird precedent to set, especially when they've been around the emotional spectrum before and will again. And it will certainly be ignored in the future - especially in any Super title.

At least up until Death Metal, we'll always have this masterpiece.

Where is this from!?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Where is this from!?
    Death Metal: Multiverse’s End

For me it's fine to make up an excuse to not involve the Supes, but it's a weird precedent to set, especially when they've been around the emotional spectrum before and will again. And it will certainly be ignored in the future - especially in any Super title.
    Yeah...Clark has even used a Green Lantern ring in the past(Up Up and Away) and he was never shown to be negatively affected. Just saying the Supers were all on an off world mission would've been better.

Adams did some small changes in previous issues as well so at this point I think it is fair to say that he, and likely PKJ, are revamping GL mythos.

Death Metal: Multiverse’s End
    Glad that I never read it.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Adams did some small changes in previous issues as well so at this point I think it is fair to say that he, and likely PKJ, are revamping GL mythos.

Glad that I never read it.
    It was actually a pretty fun issue. Even featured an awesome moment by Owlman where he takes apart and mocks how lame all the evil Batman alternates in the event and stating that he is the true best evil Batman alternate and saves the day in an epic sacrifice.

Incredible Member

So, is this like the 5th or 6th time *spoiler* has died? Who has died the most times: *spoiler*, Jean Grey, or Kenny from South Park?

"What in the seven hells?" - what human person says that? Adams seems like he's just having fun. (as the Hal/Sin battle seems to demonstrate - I feel like JLA v Kong v Godzilla will just be a let down now)

There was definitely one surprise here at the end and one not at all surprise. As much as I'm looking forward to finding out what happened, I'm more curious about the new character - hopefully they'll play a part in the flashback.