Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MythicalChicken View Post
    I'm with you. The Pretender!
    I’m suddenly having flashbacks to 2019
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

I didn't mind the focus on the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver mini in this week's X-Men Monday. Their relationship to Magneto was brought up, and that is clearly tied to mutants. And Wanda and Pietro will always be mutants to me.
    The monthly Scarlet Witch comic has been one of Marvel's few truly excellent monthly comics lately, along with Moon Knight, and I was happy to learn more about the upcoming mini. Just my opinion on the quality of Marvel's monthly books. There are a few other good ones.
    I've already ordered my copies of the upcoming miniseries.
    The green costume is a good look for Quicksilver in my humble opinion.

Astonishing Member

I mostly just want Wanda and Pietro to be mutants again so we can stop with the inevitable 'but they're not mutants why should we care' comments every time they are focused on in mutant stuff due to their long history w/mutants. They've existed for sixty years and less than ten of those years had them as non-mutants. There's way more history of them having a connection to mutant matters than not, even if they were primarily Avengers characters, and that history is never going away.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I mostly just want Wanda and Pietro to be mutants again so we can stop with the inevitable 'but they're not mutants why should we care' comments every time they are focused on in mutant stuff due to their long history w/mutants. They've existed for sixty years and less than ten of those years had them as non-mutants. There's way more history of them having a connection to mutant matters than not, even if they were primarily Avengers characters, and that history is never going away.
    I still really don't care about the pretender Scarlet Witch (I will never forget how the character has been written by Bendis and others after Decimation).

But Quicksilver has been on so many X-teams over the years. He deserves to be called an X-Man!
    Last edited by Exodus; 12-12-2023 at 12:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    I mean we could be discussing what Orlando said about X-Men Unlimited and the upcoming main arc featuring Thunderbird and Moonstar, what might it be about and how it connects to the overall stories playing out. He also said there will be another "classic mutant" featured so we could offer some guesses. Or we can just post about how much we don't want to talk about SW and Quicksilver.
    Orlando's SW has been quite good so I'm happy he continues writing in the X-world. Iceman is by far not as bad as I read here too. Unlimited has been fun.
    Did the "christmas special" thing means Bei's story will be a one shot ?
    Cannot wait to read Orlando's voice for TB, Moonstar and M !

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Orlando's SW has been quite good so I'm happy he continues writing in the X-world. Iceman is by far not as bad as I read here too. Unlimited has been fun.
    Did the "christmas special" thing means Bei's story will be a one shot ?
    Cannot wait to read Orlando's voice for TB, Moonstar and M !
    I wondered the same thing about Bei's story being a one shot but then I noticed Sunspot is on the cover of the next issue and Storm on the one following it. Since he called it an Arakko holiday it could be a few issues before the main arc starts. I'm looking forward to all of it!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

make those mutants and get over with.

We all can pretende A.X.I.S didnt happen.

There not Inverted Tony and Sabretooth anymore so who cares. make that stupid event non canon

BANNED

Hows SO going to No-Prize it when Corporate Management inevitably decrees that QS & SW go back to being both X-gene mutants AND Magneto’s bio-offspring in the name of 616-MCU synergy ? Hows he then going to spin all of his “adoptive/adopted”-this & “found family”-that eh?

Much more than anything else , the Worst.Retcon.Ever. (Which was absolutely non-organic due wholly to PerlNUTter’s sheer spite and pure pettiness) got me to finally stop buying all of Marvel’s books , not stopped reading them , just stopped wasting my money on them* , since if they didnt even have the courtesy of respecting the integrity of their own continuity, and by extension all of their fans who relied on it for literally decades , then neither would I have the decency of continuing to support them with my own money , Quid Pro Quo is the primal basis for much of the majority of human morality after all tsk tsk tsk

* and this irreperably damaged my otherwise-ok long-standing working relationships with virtually all of the local comicshops in my area as I was now forced to read the weekly releases in-store —— which they all hated hated hated of —- until I already discovered you-know-what online LOL
    Last edited by EldonMaguan; 12-12-2023 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    The hoops they've jumped around to still count Magneto as their father they may as well bite the bullet at this point.

meh I find both rather lame they can stay in the avengers or inhumans corner...all they do is take attention away from actual x(and dare I say better characters)

Spectacular Member

C2774722-DC20-49EF-BA51-3A2EDCB41EA5.jpg
    So... Why are they promoting a non-X-book under the title X-Men Monday?

I swear one of these from a while back was all about the Thanos mini and y’all complained less than this. Orlando works in X-Office (so you could have submitted X-related questions to him), Wanda and Pietro both spent a lot of time as mutants, and both still have stories adjacent to the mutant world (ex: Pietro serving on the Uncanny Avengers and Wanda dealing with the return of Joseph in her book).

Looks like tomorrow’s AIPT is with Fabian Nicieza talking the new ‘Cable’ series.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Honestly, even if Scarlet and Silver aren't mutants and are featured more in Avengers books, they're relevant to X-lore. They're undeniably tied to Magneto, and that connection will be part of the story here. The last SW book gave Polaris an appearance and followed up on Joseph. I wouldn't be surprised if this book references Quicksilver's appearance in Uncanny Avengers. Even if this isn't a Krakoa book, these are characters who are heavily tied into X-lore, and their appearances can (and have) mean something to the overall picture.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Honestly, even if Scarlet and Silver aren't mutants and are featured more in Avengers books, they're relevant to X-lore. They're undeniably tied to Magneto, and that connection will be part of the story here. The last SW book gave Polaris an appearance and followed up on Joseph. I wouldn't be surprised if this book references Quicksilver's appearance in Uncanny Avengers. Even if this isn't a Krakoa book, these are characters who are heavily tied into X-lore, and their appearances can (and have) mean something to the overall picture.
    Also the Scarlet Witch book is fun and I'm happy to see it discussed here.