Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default X-Men Monday #231 – Steve Orlando Talks ‘Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver’

https://aiptcomics.com/2023/12/11/x-...quicksilver-2/

AIPT: Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver — what’s the elevator pitch and is there an X-Men connection?

Steve: Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver pits Wanda and Pietro against the Wizard and his new army — the Frightful Four Hundred! And while the Wizard might not have stood a chance before, he now finds himself newly empowered and perhaps driven mad by one of the most powerful climactic forces in the Marvel Universe. Why now? Because Wanda and Pietro are getting along better than ever, they’re more powerful than ever… which makes them more dangerous than ever — or at least, that’s what the Wizard’s angel thinks.

As for X-connections, our villains are intent on dividing and conquering when it comes to the twins. Which makes it very convenient when a letter with Magneto’s last wishes arrives to drive them apart. But that being said — this is definitely a book centering around Wanda, Pietro, and their unique blended family. It’s their book above all, before any Krakoan connections.

AIPT: You mentioned the twins’ father earlier. X-Fan Munchkin Marauder was wondering if the abuse Magneto put them through and their complicated views of him will be acknowledged in this mini-series. Is this something you’re keen to explore?

Steve: I think it’s fair to say Magneto’s last wishes for the twins certainly inflame both Wanda and Pietro’s views on Magneto. While we’ve seen, before Scarlet Witch in books such as S.W.O.R.D., that Wanda has been willing to move on and rebuild, Pietro has been less so. And of course, Magneto DID kill him — so it makes sense that he’s been less enthusiastic about his adoptive father.

AIPT: Now, if you know comic fans, you know they love characters’ messy personal lives and family connections. So a few Maximoff extended family questions. First up, X-Fan Julian St. Croix wanted to know what your thoughts are on Quicksilver’s relationship with Crystal over the years. Where do you think they stand today?

Steve: Well, as of Uncanny Avengers, Pietro has certainly found himself a new love interest in M, even if they’re not exactly sure what the terms of that relationship are.

AIPT: Finally, X-Fan KingdomX has loved your X-Men Unlimited work with Steve Foxe filling in the gaps of Fall of X. Can we anticipate any additional X-work from you as the Krakoan era comes to a close?

Steve: Thank you! X-Men Unlimited is my main X-gig running through the end of the Krakoan Era — BUT it’ll run right up until the end. And our main story hasn’t even started! We’ve got an Arakko holiday special coming up, and from there we kick off the main arc — one that features Thunderbird and Moonstar in the lead, as well as another classic mutant. And they’re up against a villain that’s as ancient as they come.

eXclusive look at a few pages from Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver #1:

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

These two feel more like Avengers then X-Men
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    These two feel more like Avengers then X-Men
    Agreed. When Pietro wears green, I always picture the Ultimate version who was a member of the Brotherhood too...

“Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Finally, an artist drawing Pietro so that he looks like Pietro.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Avengers Monday - Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver
    "Cable was right!"

Great question, KingdomX. I'm glad to hear the connected Unlimited stories will be continuing until the end of the era with the main arc kicking off soon. I'm looking forward to seeing Thunderbird and Moonstar featured!

Wait. Pietro and Monet? Damn.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Wait. Pietro and Monet? Damn.
    Yeah they've been loving on each other in Uncanny Avengers. Not sure yet if it'll continue beyond that series or if it's a brief fling.

Does Monet only like old dudes? lol
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Great question, KingdomX. I'm glad to hear the connected Unlimited stories will be continuing until the end of the era with the main arc kicking off soon. I'm looking forward to seeing Thunderbird and Moonstar featured!
    Thank you! Also pumped for the Moonstar and Thunderbird arc.

I’m starting to think we might not get any more title announcements for the end of this era if mainstays like Orlando and Spurrier aren’t writing new mini-series.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Does Monet only like old dudes? lol
    LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Thank you! Also pumped for the Moonstar and Thunderbird arc.

I’m starting to think we might not get any more title announcements for the end of this era if mainstays like Orlando and Spurrier aren’t writing new mini-series.
    Yeah and Ewing as well said he's done after Resurrection of Magneto. So now it seems to be just a matter of when the runs of Duggan, Gillen, Percy, and Foxe officially end.

Is the magic hair perfect or too much? I leave that to you to decide.

Though it's nice to see Pietro getting more content, he felt like a no-show for years. And he was the most ready to embrace not being Magneto's kid.

I still hate Wanda for M-Day.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Why is this being covered in a X-Men Monday? They aren't Mutants.....
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

Seriously... not even a single mention of Astonishing Iceman and it concludes next week. Does Orlando even care about the project???
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/