Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Probably Vulture, as he was once the Vulture of one of the incarnations of the Terrible Trio.

To get Jace over, however, how come we never got a Batman vs Batwing arc that seems like it was building to?

That's something Jace could have, but that others don't. A brother rivalry of heroes turns allies' story.
    I always thought a great way of Jace and Luke bonding would’ve been if Menace came back and they went after him together for what he did to Tam.
    "It's not my Kate." - Greg Rucka

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Knightsilver View Post
    All the 5G characters are in the same boat of never being able to achieve their intended purpose. They were created to replace the originals...and that's something that will never happen...because it would send DC into bankruptcy. The best thing for them to do...is create an Earth 5G line for the characters.
    How many times have those folks been replaced?

From Bruce to Hal to Diana to Clark to Ollie and so on.

DC didn't go out of business when Wally replaced Barry or Kyle replaced Hal.

Yeah they were created to replace folks but nowhere did it say they were going to stay in those places forever. Especially with some anniversaries for some coming and copyrights are a concern.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    How many times have those folks been replaced?

From Bruce to Hal to Diana to Clark to Ollie and so on.

DC didn't go out of business when Wally replaced Barry or Kyle replaced Hal.

Yeah they were created to replace folks but nowhere did it say they were going to stay in those places forever. Especially with some anniversaries for some coming and copyrights are a concern.
    Actually...it was Didio's intention for them to permanently replace their predecessors. That went out the window when he was fired...but the characters already existed so they tried to find something to do with them. The problem is that they could no longer fulfill their original reason for existence...which is why they've struggled.That's why it would be best for them to have their own Earth. And Hal and Barry (much as I like them)were nowhere near the same level of popularity as Bruce Wayne. Getting rid of him alone,would be catastrophic for DC.
    Last edited by Knightsilver; 12-12-2023 at 12:15 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Actually...it was Didio's intention for them to permanently replace their predecessors.
    I think they were planing for 5 years, to still have the originals around in some out of continuity imprint.

But replacing all of the big ones at the same time and replacing them by completely new characters would have likely still ended in a disaster.

Replacing Barry and Hal, 8(?) years appart, and in Barrys case they followed also the "line of succession" which also usually helps to get a change like that over.
    Last edited by Aahz; 12-12-2023 at 01:50 AM.

Astonishing Member

They've always planned to do a huge reboot after 5G, it would depend on sales how soon it was supposed to happen.
    IS there any potential in a non Batman Jace Fox i.e. a new super hero name?
    If he wasn't successful in Batman role, there's no chance he will be under some new alias.

Actually...it was Didio's intention for them to permanently replace their predecessors. That went out the window when he was fired...but the characters already existed so they tried to find something to do with them. The problem is that they could no longer fulfill their original reason for existence...which is why they've struggled.That's why it would be best for them to have their own Earth. And Hal and Barry (much as I like them)were nowhere near the same level of popularity as Bruce Wayne. Getting rid of him alone,would be catastrophic for DC.
    From what I gathered it would’ve been the initiative for a bit but eventually the main guys would come back. I’ll say it now and I’ll say it again that I think there was some potential to letting the main characters sit and tell some new stories, what I don’t like were the p,Ana to villain some of peoples favorite characters. Felt like the New 52 Cassandra Cain all over again. But obviously none of the originals were going to go away forever. Anytime they said that was marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Yara is apart of the DC comic universe where as Jace much like Luke and David stay removed from it. It’s honestly kind of troubling to me how they are segregated they tend to be both from the batfamily and DC
    Well David is back, and I think separating Bruce from Jace probably hurt in the long run. Jace doing things in Gotham only works if Bruce isn’t around. Bruce existing in Gotham with Jace and not interacting with him made no sense. It could’ve worked if Jace stepped up while Bruce was absent, or start him in New York before Bruce shows up but I think that was a hurdle they couldn’t get past.

And thanks for however brought up Jo. Far Sector might’ve been my favorite thing to come out of that time frame story wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Customizer View Post
    IS there any potential in a non Batman Jace Fox i.e. a new super hero name?
    I liked Ronin for Jace.

Or Outsider...

If he wasn't named Fox, that would've been perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Probably Vulture, as he was once the Vulture of one of the incarnations of the Terrible Trio.

To get Jace over, however, how come we never got a Batman vs Batwing arc that seems like it was building to?

That's something Jace could have, but that others don't. A brother rivalry of heroes turns allies' story.
    That would've been perfect for Second Son.

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    Well David is back, and I think separating Bruce from Jace probably hurt in the long run. Jace doing things in Gotham only works if Bruce isn’t around. Bruce existing in Gotham with Jace and not interacting with him made no sense. It could’ve worked if Jace stepped up while Bruce was absent, or start him in New York before Bruce shows up but I think that was a hurdle they couldn’t get past.

And thanks for however brought up Jo. Far Sector might’ve been my favorite thing to come out of that time frame story wise.
    I'm hoping Jemisin can do a followup miniseries.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-12-2023 at 08:34 AM.

Well, I'll be the guy who disagrees with everyone else.

I think Jace Fox is coming back as Batman. Probably in 2024. Probably written by John Ridley. He said so, back when we found out I Am Batman was ending.

And I think the rest of the Future State characters are getting another push around then, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    I think Jace Fox is coming back as Batman. Probably in 2024. Probably written by John Ridley. He said so, back when we found out I Am Batman was ending.
    I hope you’re right.
    "It's not my Kate." - Greg Rucka

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Well, I'll be the guy who disagrees with everyone else.

And I think the rest of the Future State characters are getting another push around then, too.
    Man I really hope you’re right. Would be shame to let all that set up go to waste.

Extraordinary Member

I’ll say it now and I’ll say it again that I think there was some potential to letting the main characters sit and tell some new stories,
    But in case of Batman they had basically just done that twice not that long ago.
    The Had Dick as Batman from 2009 to 2011 and Gordan as Batman in 2015 to 16, replacing him again 3 or 4 year later (or when ever 5G was orrignally supposed to come out) was imo to early.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    But in case of Batman they had basically just done that twice not that long ago.
    The Had Dick as Batman from 2009 to 2011 and Gordan as Batman in 2015 to 16, replacing him again 3 or 4 year later (or when ever 5G was orrignally supposed to come out) was imo to early.
    You can only do that mess so many times.

Now if it was Bruce using the idea of there are OTHER guys as Batman all over Gotham like some believe-yeah you could have two.

Let Jace handle stuff in New York and wherever and let Bruce deal with the rest and Justice League business.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    And both of those instances you named well pretty well received by fans no? You don’t even need to kill Bruce, although at the time it looked like they were planning to take him off the board. But make him a part of the story. They just ignored Bruce being around which makes no sense. I think if we had had Jace discover the bay tech then make the move to New York where due to their lack of heroes he feels like using the mantle of the bay to fight crime his way and then have Bruce play the Question role of figuring him out and observing him and living him to succeed or fail on his own terms. It’s simple but it works better than each just pretending the other isn’t running around.

Extraordinary Member

And both of those instances you named well pretty well received by fans no?
    In case of Dick it was, but again Dick is the guy "next in line" for the mantle, has been arround almost as long as Batman and is pretty popular. So him taking over is basically the easiest to get over.

I don't think Gordon as Batman was that popular. Superheavy was afaik the lowest selling story arc of Snyders Run, and I think it was pretty much clear from the start that this would only last one year.

I think they could also likely get a way with one year of Jace as main Batman (especally if you have writer who is allready popular with the fans like Snyder) , but not so soon after the last replacement and not for much longer than that.

And you might need a more established Batman writer (like Grant Morrison or Scott Snyder) to pull that of. If you have a completely new writer come in, who directly replaces Bruce with his own creation, that's just not a good way to start.