Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    The third one sounds the best. Waller trying to blackmail him.
    It’s also can turn into the greater DCU.
    Thanks and that's the one that would expand into a maxiseries.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-07-2024 at 05:48 PM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I get that and probably agree with it.

On the RUMOR of Jace as Batman-all I saw was "Batman is BRUCE WAYNE."

I didn't see that tossed out at any of the others.

It was more wait and lets see how the story plays out with few grumbling.

Jace? We had the usual suspects already going off before anything was confirmed.

My point is if everyone can wait and see and be patience with the rest-why was that NOT done with Jace?

Too much clutching the pearls and not understanding what a temporary situation was.

At WORST what was going to happen?

Not Jane Foster situation where she out should Odinson.

Not a Sam Wilson thing where it's being done for trade material for his movie.

At worst a Miles Morales situation? Two Batman books in different parts of the world?
    This just loops back to Jace's story not being good.

There was no mystery like in the start of Aaron's Jane Thor. He wasn't part of the mythos for decades like Falcon and comparing him to Miles is just stupid when you realise what Miles had to go through to get to how marketable he is now.

DC really tried to tease a future Justice League when only two characters had justification being there. Then when Jace got his story, he got a solo for a year and a half plus they extended the FS Batman world to give more screen time and he still didn't stick.

Get a better pitch next time.
    "Cable was right!"

Incredible Member

Future State was neither a good concept nor well executed, which is kind of a death knell for first impressions.

Jace was also further hamstrung in execution by the presence of Bruce.

All other Future State comics had the Originals out of the picture, so that these new heroes could shine. Jon was the Superman, Yara was the Wonder Woman equivalent, etc. So if I wanted a Future State Superman story, the only option is Jon.

In contrast, Bruce is still running around Future State like nothing happened. If I wanted a Future State Batman book, I could go with Bruce, or I could go with Jace. If I could only read one, I probably would have went with the Bruce book.

It felt like DC didn't want to risk losing money by not having a Bruce book during Future State, but that has the distracting effect of taking away from any momentum that Jace could have picked up.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    Future State was neither a good concept nor well executed, which is kind of a death knell for first impressions.

Jace was also further hamstrung in execution by the presence of Bruce.

All other Future State comics had the Originals out of the picture, so that these new heroes could shine. Jon was the Superman, Yara was the Wonder Woman equivalent, etc. So if I wanted a Future State Superman story, the only option is Jon.

In contrast, Bruce is still running around Future State like nothing happened. If I wanted a Future State Batman book, I could go with Bruce, or I could go with Jace. If I could only read one, I probably would have went with the Bruce book.

It felt like DC didn't want to risk losing money by not having a Bruce book during Future State, but that has the distracting effect of taking away from any momentum that Jace could have picked up.
    But would that have really help Jace?

I mean Jon was at least an allready established character, that was somewhat popular (at least before they aged him up). I think just having a new character come in and just take over a popular mantle will allways be e pretty hard sell to the fans.

And I think opposed the previous times it was allways in a very popular run, and there was some build up to it. I think no one was really excited about the idea of 5G/Future State, I think even some of the bigger names among the writers opted write elseworld series instead of working on that.
    Last edited by Aahz; 01-09-2024 at 03:37 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Really nothing to worry about with Jace
    I’m more concerned about Tiffany

Let’s come back to him in 10 years when DC looses Bruce Wayne/batman to public domain

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post

Let’s come back to him in 10 years when DC looses Bruce Wayne/batman to public domain
    Why concerned with Tiffany?

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post

Only the first Batman from 1939 is going to be public domain, not modern interpretations.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by bat1987 View Post
    Only the first Batman from 1939 is going to be public domain, not modern interpretations.
    And not characters that were added much later like the "Fox Family", the Bronze Age version of Lucious, Tim and Tiffany were all created in 1979, so would take another 40 years for them to become public domain.

And for the current versions you would have to about another 30-40 years.

Extraordinary Member

Have Jace bust Geoforce out of jail.

Have Jace bust Geoforce out of jail.
    Why would he do it?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Why would he do it?
    Jace, himself, has been in an Markovian prison before.

Jace, himself, has been in an Markovian prison before.
    Sure but why Geo-force specifically?

Sure but why Geo-force specifically?
    Yeah, why the hell would Jace care about Geo-Force? It's not like he has beef with Slade and Talia like he does to sympathize with him.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Yeah, why the hell would Jace care about Geo-Force? It's not like he has beef with Slade and Talia like he does to sympathize with him.
    Do you mean Jace has a connection to Slade and Talia? Or did you confuse Jace for Jason?
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-14-2024 at 08:40 AM.

Do you mean Jace has a connection to Slade and Talia? Or did you confuse Jace for Jason?
    I was asking if Jace had ties with with those villains like Geo does.
    "Cable was right!"