Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Default What Can Be Done with Jace Fox?

I don't think its shocking or controversial that whatever plan DC had for Jace did not end up working out. That being said I think there enough good stuff there that things could have been done with the character, and if there was a more consistent plan with everyone from beginning his story would have been a lot better. But after his story ended we haven't even had a mention of him. So do anyone know if there are any future plans for the character? Is there even a point for the character anymore? Was there ever? Guess I just want to know how people feel about this guy.

I liked Jace the most out of the Future State additions but he feels like the odd man out when in the current Gotham.

I'd move him and the other Future State characters to the Earth One graphic novel range. Jace, Jon, and Yara had solos that dragged in terms of pacing so moving them from single issues to the graphic novel format might be better.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-11-2023 at 09:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I liked Jace the most out of the Future State additions but he feels like the odd man out.
    I thought him and Yara had the most potential coming out of the event but it seems like the momentum for both of them have dried up.

I think he was at his best in the Future State setting even if I think "Batman of New York" had potential.

But a bit too much Fox Family drama.
    Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    I thought him and Yara had the most potential coming out of the event but it seems like the momentum for both of them have dried up.
    Well, Yara's still appearing in stuff as Wonder Girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think he was at his best in the Future State setting even if I think "Batman of New York" had potential.

But a bit too much Fox Family drama.

Well, Yara's still appearing in stuff as Wonder Girl.
    I think if he had launched as the Batman of New York first it would've worked a little better.

I know Yara hasn't been sent to limbo like Jace but she went from being the hottest new character, got a solo and was supposed to get a tv show to being thrown together with the Amazon's even though she was supposed to be from a whole different tribe.

Jo from Far Sector was cool to. Future State was too vague in its focus. Something more specific like Future's end would've been better. Setting it 5 or so years allows you to build to it better.

I like Jace, Jo and Yara but I'm not sure I care about them as legacies that much. I would've preffered them as new characters like the Vigil or Xanthe from Spirit World.

Jace seems to be tied to Ridley so that could be a reason why Jace hasn't popped up beyond low sales.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-11-2023 at 12:17 PM.

Mighty Member

Any news on where Jace will be?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Jace got set up. The Future State JL and Batman stories were too hectic to be good debuts and his solo was kind of un-necessary. Even the Superman office got rid of Clark to push Jon.

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    Any news on where Jace will be?
    The void.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

At this point? Nothing. Unless someone will come up with some very appealing and interesting idea, which is going to attract some huge interest from readers, I don't see any future for him.
    As Batman Jace doesn't have a future. Bruce is too big for DC to even consider bench him at least for a year, and even without him there are four Robins and there's Terry. He already has a bunch of characters, who can serve as a potential replacement. Outside media adaptation could have helped to establish Jace, but it was possible with previous management of WB, and there's no chance Zaslav would be interested in this + James Gunn is establishing Bat-Family, especially Damian, so we know, who exactly is going to be pushed as Batman's biggest legacy character.
    The best option currently is to give Ridley an opportunity to write Batman story he was planning for 5G/Future State as a part of Black Label. No continuity limitations, complete creative freedom, the opportunity to tell the story he actuallly wanted to tell. No idea what else can be done.

Incredible Member

IS there any potential in a non Batman Jace Fox i.e. a new super hero name?
    Don't complain. Create.

Not specifically Jace related, but I hope Bruce is able to take his company back someday. Ridley kind of turned me off pretty much all the Fox family except Jace and Luke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Customizer View Post
    Maybe he can take that new identity Luke was trying to take up .

I enjoyed Jace’s adventures in New York. There were seeds planted that, unfortunately, we’ll probably never see come to fruition. If Jace comes back with Ridley as the writer, I’ll definitely pick it up.
    "It's not my Kate." - Greg Rucka

All the 5G characters are in the same boat of never being able to achieve their intended purpose. They were created to replace the originals...and that's something that will never happen...because it would send DC into bankruptcy. The best thing for them to do...is create an Earth 5G line for the characters.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Customizer View Post
    Probably Vulture, as he was once the Vulture of one of the incarnations of the Terrible Trio.

To get Jace over, however, how come we never got a Batman vs Batwing arc that seems like it was building to?

That's something Jace could have, but that others don't. A brother rivalry of heroes turns allies' story.

Extraordinary Member

Yara is apart of the DC comic universe where as Jace much like Luke and David stay removed from it. It’s honestly kind of troubling to me how they are segregated they tend to be both from the batfamily and DC