Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    AFAIK, Vance and Suzy (Ultragirl, a Kree mutant) are still together.
    I honestly don't think Ultragirl's been seen since that Avengers Academy issue where Firestar found out they were a couple who had sex and got mad .

I find it curious how even Unlimited has been focused and purposeful during Fall of X... but Adjectiveless has felt like random side-quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Welp I'm officially invested in Angela and Justice. Any reading recs for a beginner wanting to know more about their previous relationship?
    New Warriors volume 1. You'll love it. Trust me!

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    And while I don't have high hopes for her getting much more shine in Duggan's X-Men, that panel of Justice and Night Thrasher at the end has me very curious if we might see Vance and Angelica show up in the soon-to-be-starting Night Thrasher book. Its set during Fall of X, by the writer of Bishop: War College, and it namedrops Silhouette as a main part of the book....Sil's one of the other main mutant New Warriors. And given Dwayne's brother Donyell aka Bandit is also a mutant, and one of the other NWs most likely to show up IMO is Namorita.....I could easily see Night Thrasher being tied into Fall of X in more than one way, with original New Warriors Vance, Angelica and Namorita possibly intended to show up there.
    Please let this happen. So many of the NW were mutants. They could easily have been a spin off of an X-Men team. And Night Thrasher was said to have latent telepathic powers.

But what I really want for Christmas is a new New Warriors book!

Astonishing Member

Night Thrasher, Firestar, Justice, Silhouette, Timeslip, Bolt, Helix & Namorita.....I'd do anything for that book lol.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

If you think Firestar is the breakout character of 2023, then please do not forget to vote for the X-Books Awards on this forum.

If you think Justice is the Guest Star of 2023, then please do not forget to vote for the X-Books Awards on this forum.

(link in my signature)
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    New Warriors volume 1. You'll love it. Trust me!
    It’s very good. Nicieza is always good but here he is great. Can’t remember when it starts faltering but a I doubt it was when Fabian still was writing it.

She's finally become Itachi.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I honestly don't think Ultragirl's been seen since that Avengers Academy issue where Firestar found out they were a couple who had sex and got mad .
    There was the evil hammer thing...she was in one of the side series for that when a lot of younger heroes got together. IIRC Firestar was in that as well.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Is Silhouette also a mutant? Then she and Justice should follow Firestar and become part of an X-book.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Is Silhouette also a mutant? Then she and Justice should follow Firestar and become part of an X-book.
    Why do people want to ruin characters by dragging them into X-Men books?
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Why do people want to ruin characters by dragging them into X-Men books?
    Because we fundamentally disagree with your premise that bringing them into X-books would ruin them and thus ruining them isn’t our motivation at all?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    She's finally become Itachi.
    Naruto reference. Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    There was the evil hammer thing...she was in one of the side series for that when a lot of younger heroes got together. IIRC Firestar was in that as well.
    Fear Itself? Yeah, I remember that one.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Silhouette and her brother, Midnight's Fire (who'd rock a Night Thrasher suit, IMO, better than a 'mysterious identically skilled and experienced and characterized brother you've never heard of to replace the guy we probably shouldn't have killed...'). There've been a fair number of New Warrior mutants. Even Namorita! They could found their own book, the Warriors of X? X-Warriors? New X?

Astonishing Member

Potential X-Men Unlimited stories about the various mutant New Warriors and why I think there's potential for them in X-books....

1) Chris Bradley aka Bolt. My number one wish for an on page resurrection we haven't seen yet. Despite being only active as a superhero when on the New Warriors, he has far more extensive history in X-books. He debuted in the ORIGINAL X-Men Unlimited series as a recurring character who was trained at the Institute before it was open to students, had the Legacy Virus, and was mentored pretty extensively by Bobby until he was unable to focus on Chris during crises like the Onslaught Saga, at which point Chris struck up a bond with another mutant with the Legacy Virus....Maverick. Bobby was heavily against Maverick mentoring Chris as he didn't trust him with Chris' well-being, but Logan vouched for him & Bobby backed down.

Course, years later, after he was on the New Warriors, and having outlived the Legacy Virus and been cured when Colossus released the cure....Chris ended up being killed by none other than Maverick himself. Maverick faked his death to go undercover in Weapon X, and determined to get revenge on his mentor's behalf, Chris adopted Maverick's identity and went after Weapon X waging a one-man war on them.....and not knowing who was under the mask, Maverick aka Agent Zero took out Chris on Weapon X's orders, in order to ingratiate himself with them.

Given Maverick's return to prominence as a sometimes ally, sometimes enemy of Logan over in Wolverine and X-Force, Chris' return (and the reveal of how he died, something I don't think Bobby knows, for instance), could spark some INTENSE conflicts between Bobby & Maverick over the fate of their former mutual protege, and Logan trying to intercede while Bobby's like the last time I listened to YOU about THIS guy's trustworthiness, it ended with Chris dead. And of course Chris would be like I AM A GROWN ASS MAN, ALL OF YOU NEED TO SIT DOWN. Plus aside from this conflict, it could be really interesting to see Chris connect with other Legacy Virus survivors, or see how he feels about Colossus. There could be a really heartfelt story to be told about Colossus doubting his worth & place in things after how extensively he was manipulated & used in X-Force stories this era....cue a resurrected Chris Bradley who's like I never had an opportunity to thank you before, for what you did with the Legacy Virus, but you saved my life and changed everything for me.

2) Namorita - I would KILL to see Namorita on Arakko. I think she might be really curious about communities of aquatic mutants on Arakko or maybe explore how ancient Okkaran history intertwined with ancient Atlantean history...Hickman seeded a few teases that the precursor to modern Atlantis was a trading partner with Okkara (the sword Isca made for Apocalypse when he married her sister was made from metals that came from the pre-Atlantis civilization, for instance). I've always wanted to see her involved more in politics given her prominence in Atlantean society & the Diplomatic Zone of Arakko could be a great place to start....while also allowing her to reconnect with Nova. And I could DEFINITELY see Namorita quickly gaining a reputation and respect among Arakkii for her willingness to throw down in the Circle Perilous, lol.

3) Silhouette - A long time fave with a great design & Darkforce teleportation powers...there's a couple of interesting directions you could go with Sil. She and her brother Aaron, another mutant as was mentioned above, were both born near a mystical extradimensional conduit called the Well of All Things, as part of a prophecy....so they're perfect candidates to be used to explore mutant magic and further clarification of what that could be and how it might work.

But also there's the whole amnesty thing and what it could mean for Silhouette's relationship with her brother Aaron - they USED to be very close, but took very different paths once Aaron started taking power in criminal organizations. He's been written in very different ways by different writers, but the amnesty thing has been used to wipe the slate clean for mutants who've done FAR worse than him for far less reasonable motivations than most of the stuff he's done, so joining Krakoa (or a new Krakoa, should it still exist or just be transformed after Fall of X) could make him a great candidate for turning his life around like Tempo and other former mutant criminals....which could reopen doors once thought closed for his relationship with his sister.

I'd love to see Silhoeutte and Karma become friends...they have a lot in common, particularly when you consider how Karma was shown being open to rebuilding a relationship with her OWN previously villainous brother Tran...this is something they could bond over and bounce complicated feelings off of each other about, as it SHOULDN'T be smooth sailing and I would expect both Karma and Silhouette to have conflicted thoughts about how much they even WANT to forgive their respective brothers, play out pros and cons lists with each other, etc.

4) Rafael Carago aka Helix - a very minor New Warriors character who hasn't ever really shown up anywhere else...there's no reason NOT to use him in X-books. He's a latent mutant whose x-gene was activated by a mutagenic bomb going off during the Clone Saga in the Spider-Man books, and pretty much the only things we know about him are he has amnesia about most of his life before that point, he's Latino, and he has a mutation VERY similar to Darwin's adaptation power. The last we saw of him was him wanting to figure out where he came from and if he has family...and given their similarities, and Darwin's own relative lack of family....I think you could easily make a case that they could discover they're related, maybe cousins or second cousins, and bond over their 'lost time' due to how long Darwin spent in stasis and Helix missing most memories of his life, as well as build a familial relationship.
    Last edited by BobbysWorld; 12-14-2023 at 02:41 AM.