Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default X-Men Unlimited #117 - Conclusion of Firestar story

We're on the Bloom Orchis station. Judas Traveller has been summoned by Stasis for a meeting in a dark room. He's sitting at a table with Nimrod behind him. Stasis tells Judas that Nimrod wanted to vaporize him from the moment Judas made contact but Stasis says he made himself useful. That Judas knew hearts and understood narrative. Stasis says they used him but never trusted him.

Judas starts to defend himself, saying Justice's escape is minor and can be repaired. Stasis cuts him off, tells him not to embarrass himself. He says the thing about have a "good mutant" is that you only need one, and that Judas was never a good mutant anyway. (Flashback panel to Judas and Spider-Man from Clone Saga).

"...this really is your crowning achievement. A magnum opus. Without knowing it, you've woven a better story than your own." We see on the screen the crowd at the event cheering for Firestar.

Judas slams his fist on the table and demands to speak to Feilong or Devo. He wants them in the room for this meeting but Nimrod says it wouldn't matter because they're all in close agreement. Stasis says Judas' time with Orchis has reached its natural end, that narratives outgrow their creators. He says what really sealed Judas' fate was his collection of "rough drafts" he kept as collateral. Images of unedited footage from the various events orchestrated by Judas play, footage that would have incriminated Orchis including the murder of the one human guest at the Gala just before Lourdes teleports the survivors out. Judas is stunned, asking Firestar when she told them of his secret footage. She says she ratted on him as soon as she could.

Stasis approaches Judas holding out his hand to shake. He says Judas did good work, that there's no denying that and it deserves to be recognized. "You're out, Judas. But I promise you, Orchis' severance package is unmatched." A needle with Blightswill pops out of Stasis' wrist and injects Judas. Judas falls to the floor and his appearance changes, looking older than before. His illusionary powers disappearing as it seems his X-gene has been deactivated. Angelica asks about the Blightswill needle and Stasis said one can never be too careful and the swill is a fine sword of Damocles for disloyal mutants. She surely makes a mental note of that. "Now, Miss Jones... let's talk opportunity."

Narrative boxes of Angelica's thoughts: "When they comes for you, tell the truth and never waver." Those were Jean Grey's last words when she gave me this mission. But I have lied, daily. I've second-guessed every choice I've made... (We get a panel of Justice meeting with Night Thrasher)... all the pain I've caused just to maintain my cover. I could've nuked this station on day one, but Orchis would have bounced back. So I bided my time, kept my secrets and waited for the perfect time to strike.

Angelica enters Judas' control room.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

"Firestar burns bright in the pages of X-Men!"

Let's goooooo!

OMG thank you for posting!

And whaaaat????!!! Acting Director! Firestar is flying up the ranks! She's certainly good at all this spy stuff. I just hope her name is cleared when Orchis eventually comes crashing down.

What does the Narrative Petal actually do?

They did such a good job showing us what Firestar has been going through. They gave her such a good arc and now I see her as a true X-Man

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    OMG thank you for posting!

And whaaaat????!!! Acting Director! Firestar is flying up the ranks! She's certainly good at all this spy stuff. I just hope her name is cleared when Orchis eventually comes crashing down.

What does the Narrative Petal actually do?
    As Acting Director of the Narrative Petal, Judas was in charge of the propaganda/public relations arm of Orchis. An example of his work here. Now Angelica has all of his resources and personnel at her fingertips.

She may very well have access to the true Hellfire Gala footage. Oof!
    Last edited by JB; 12-11-2023 at 03:01 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

For a guy with a name like Judas, he certainly didn't see his own betrayal coming, did he? Serves him right.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    As Acting Director of the Narrative Petal, Judas was in charge of the propaganda/public relations arm of Orchis. An example of his work here. Now Angelica has all of his resources and personnel at her fingertips.

She may very well have access to the true Hellfire Gala footage. Oof!
    If so, leak it, and job done. She'll probably be fired, but it'll no longer matter because Orchis will have been revealed for the frauds they are.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The shading on those last few panels was a bit much but cool stuff .

Who knew Firestar would become a stand out of the era?! Get it Angie!
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

I know that's right Firestar....Burn Orchis to the GROUND!!!!
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

She was on and off the main book for nearly years, and it did way less for her than this arc and the annual.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Astonishing Member

Judis: it's not that bad
    Stasis: there is video of your men gunning down our supporters as you hide behind some random women screaming incorrectly
    Judis: maybe a little bad

The Steve’s are doing so well. Can’t wait for the Bei/Arrako arc.

Extraordinary Member

I hope for the best but expect the worst. The Steve's have killed it. But will this quality move into the main X-Men book??
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

It's funny seeing them take down Traveller like this when he was such an inconsistent and annoying menace in the Clone Saga .