Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    If so, leak it, and job done. She'll probably be fired, but it'll no longer matter because Orchis will have been revealed for the frauds they are.
    They won't "fire" her. She would be killed or at least blightswilled, and no use for the X-men. They have to coordinate the attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    They won't "fire" her. She would be killed or at least blightswilled, and no use for the X-men. They have to coordinate the attack.
    Stasis will be exceptionally angry. He seems to have taken quite a liking to Firestar. He won't take this betrayal sitting down.

The slow reveal sequence of Firestar stepping out of the shadows was SOOOOO GOOD.

I mean, the story -- all of it from start to finish -- has been terrific.

But for this issue, that sequence of her glow breaking through the shadows as she steps forward was soooooo good.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    The slow reveal sequence of Firestar stepping out of the shadows was SOOOOO GOOD.

But for this issue, that sequence of her glow breaking through the shadows as she steps forward was soooooo good.
    And while I don't have high hopes for her getting much more shine in Duggan's X-Men, that panel of Justice and Night Thrasher at the end has me very curious if we might see Vance and Angelica show up in the soon-to-be-starting Night Thrasher book. Its set during Fall of X, by the writer of Bishop: War College, and it namedrops Silhouette as a main part of the book....Sil's one of the other main mutant New Warriors. And given Dwayne's brother Donyell aka Bandit is also a mutant, and one of the other NWs most likely to show up IMO is Namorita.....I could easily see Night Thrasher being tied into Fall of X in more than one way, with original New Warriors Vance, Angelica and Namorita possibly intended to show up there.

Amazing Member

Firestar is rocking her undercover mission big time!

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post

Yes! That was an amazing sequence and evoked so much.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    And while I don't have high hopes for her getting much more shine in Duggan's X-Men, that panel of Justice and Night Thrasher at the end has me very curious if we might see Vance and Angelica show up in the soon-to-be-starting Night Thrasher book. Its set during Fall of X, by the writer of Bishop: War College, and it namedrops Silhouette as a main part of the book....Sil's one of the other main mutant New Warriors. And given Dwayne's brother Donyell aka Bandit is also a mutant, and one of the other NWs most likely to show up IMO is Namorita.....I could easily see Night Thrasher being tied into Fall of X in more than one way, with original New Warriors Vance, Angelica and Namorita possibly intended to show up there.
    I love this whole idea!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    If so, leak it, and job done. She'll probably be fired, but it'll no longer matter because Orchis will have been revealed for the frauds they are.
    Genocidal frauds, no less. Maybe she could go one further and reveal Orchis's true leadership, while she's at it, consists of malevolent machine intelligences with just as much hate and contempt for baseline humanity as for mutants and other superhumans, and the real purpose behind the mutant purge is to eliminate meaningful resistance to the machines achieving Dominion status.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Judis: it's not that bad
    Stasis: there is video of your men gunning down our supporters as you hide behind some random women screaming incorrectly
    Judis: maybe a little bad
    Serves him right. Judas . . . what an accurate name.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's funny seeing them take down Traveller like this when he was such an inconsistent and annoying menace in the Clone Saga .
    First, he was a pawn of Norman Osborn during the Clone Saga. Then he resurfaced as a willing tool of Orchis in achieving mutant genocide. Now, like any tool that's become more of a liability than an asset, he's been discarded by Orchis. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Yes, that would be an awesome idea.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

>Angelica leaks Orchis' info
    >Orchis gets Twitter cancelled for five minutes while the rest of the world blames mutants for leaking private info
    >Orchis doesn't even have to blame telepathic mutants on them being bad, humans will just go with whatever idea allows them to openly hate mutants
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Extraordinary Member

I am sure Judas will return fully powered with the excuse being he made people think he was depowered.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Welp I'm officially invested in Angela and Justice. Any reading recs for a beginner wanting to know more about their previous relationship?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Welp I'm officially invested in Angela and Justice. Any reading recs for a beginner wanting to know more about their previous relationship?
    New Warriors vol 1.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    AFAIK, Vance and Suzy (Ultragirl, a Kree mutant) are still together.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    >Angelica leaks Orchis' info
    >Orchis gets Twitter cancelled for five minutes while the rest of the world blames mutants for leaking private info
    >Orchis doesn't even have to blame telepathic mutants on them being bad, humans will just go with whatever idea allows them to openly hate mutants
    Sadly, that might be more likely how it goes. If anything, this whole era has shown just how abominably deep anti-mutant bigotry really runs in the MU.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I am sure Judas will return fully powered with the excuse being he made people think he was depowered.
    Maybe Steve Foxe will use him with The Chasm Formerly Known as Ben Reilly.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Sadly, that might be more likely how it goes. If anything, this whole era has shown just how abominably deep anti-mutant bigotry really runs in the MU.
    Kind of an unfortunate result of this whole Orchis crap, is that world-threatening events lose their sting. Ooh, a giant celestial is going to kill everyone on Earth! But since humans are all all racist genocidal trash, fine, go Progenitor, burn it all down! The writers have gotten an entire fanbase to want some bad-guy to actually succeed in wiping out the human race (and not even really have much reason to regard them as a 'bad guy' for doing so!).

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Kind of an unfortunate result of this whole Orchis crap, is that world-threatening events lose their sting. Ooh, a giant celestial is going to kill everyone on Earth! But since humans are all all racist genocidal trash, fine, go Progenitor, burn it all down! The writers have gotten an entire fanbase to want some bad-guy to actually succeed in wiping out the human race (and not even really have much reason to regard them as a 'bad guy' for doing so!).
    A little exaggerated, but I do see your point. We honestly need(ed) more human voices speaking out against Orchis.