Default Mark Waid discusses returning to the Kingdom Come earth in Batman/Superman

I thought it would be fitting to start a thread on this story arc since Comic Book Resources originally started as a discussion board for Kingdom Come back in 1995.

https://www.gamesradar.com/witness-t...scg7m6dclckoh9

So far this storyline has been pretty good. Waid basically turning David/Thunderman/Magog into Superman’s version of Jason Todd/Red Hood.

Very cool to see Gog show up. We first saw him way back in Johns’ Justice Society of America run. I’m definitely getting a Thanos vibe from him here.

On that note the preview pages bring up some interesting potential Easter eggs. Gog is sitting on a throne similar to Metron’s Mobius Chair. When Jim Starlin first created Thanos he initially based him off of Metron. He was a skinny guy riding around in a throne before it was suggested to bulk him up like Darkseid.

Waid spoils something at the end of this interview. spoilers:
    Gog has Metron in his prison
    end of spoilers. It all comes together.

Does Gog have the Worlogog attached to his throne?!?

Dan Mora has been absolutely killing it on art duties. It’s great to hear that he’s having such a good time on the book and has had the opportunity to draw so many seldom used character. And it looks like he gets to design all new characters for this arc.
    Last edited by Robotman; 12-11-2023 at 07:06 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I haven't purchased any comics in quite awhile but I may have to pick this up.

Big fan of both Mark Waid and Kingdom Come.

Really digging the story of David-to-Magog and revisiting the Kingdom Come universe. LOVE the artwork, especially the Charlton heroes splash page, including Boba Fett Peacemaker (who'd have thought all these years later both characters would have gotten their own TV series and Peacemaker's would be better-received?).

Would love to see Waid and Mora do a Charlton Heroes arc in this series.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I thought it would be fitting to start a thread on this story arc since Comic Book Resources originally started as a discussion board for Kingdom Come back in 1995.

https://www.gamesradar.com/witness-t...scg7m6dclckoh9

So far this storyline has been pretty good. Waid basically turning David/Thunderman/Magog into Superman’s version of Jason Todd/Red Hood.

Very cool to see Gog show up. We first saw him way back in Johns’ Justice Society of America run. I’m definitely getting a Thanos vibe from him here.

On that note the preview pages bring up some interesting potential Easter eggs. Gog is sitting on a throne similar to Metron’s Mobius Chair. When Jim Starlin first created Thanos he initially based him off of Metron. He was a skinny guy riding around in a throne before it was suggested to bulk him up like Darkseid.

Waid spoils something at the end of this interview. spoilers:
    Gog has Metron in his prison
    end of spoilers. It all comes together.

Does Gog have the Worlogog attached to his throne?!?

Dan Mora has been absolutely killing it on art duties. It’s great to hear that he’s having such a good time on the book and has had the opportunity to draw so many seldom used character. And it looks like he gets to design all new characters for this arc.
    Mora is incredible and Mark Waid is probably THE writer most responsible for me getting into DC when I was young, from his Flash, JLA: Year One, and Flash and Green Lantern: Brave and the Bold. So having him on a book like this, where it feels like he hasn't lost a step since those 90s stories, is a blast.

Mora doing all these classic renditions of characters (I love the blue/gray batsuit with yellow oval) makes it all the greater. I love this book so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Mora is incredible
    To the utmost, I agree. Hopefully, we'll get to see more of his version of Barry Allen: The Flash

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    To the utmost, I agree. Hopefully, we'll get to see more of his version of Barry Allen: The Flash

Definitely! Seeing his rendition of Barry has been a fun little bonus in this series.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    Would love to see Waid and Mora do a Charlton Heroes arc in this series.
    ^^^Oh I’d be ecstatic!

I absolutely loved seeing Mora draw the Doom Patrol in the earlier storyline! Totally channeling Bruno Premiani‘s brilliant Silver Age look.

DC has lost a lot of great artists recently so I hope they sign Mora to a long term contract.

His ability to modernize the Silver Age DC characters but keep the classic aesthetic really makes him the perfect artist for Mark Waid.
    Last edited by Robotman; 12-12-2023 at 06:34 PM.

Speaking of Dan Mora & his artwork, still LOVE his rendition of Poison Ivy

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I absolutely loved seeing Mora draw the Doom Patrol in the earlier storyline! Totally channeling Bruno Premiani‘s brilliant Silver Age look.

DC has lost a lot of great artists recently so I hope they sign Mora to a long term contract.

His ability to modernize the Silver Age DC characters but keep the classic aesthetic really makes him the perfect artist for Mark Waid.
    ^^^Agreed on all counts.

EDIT
    Also, that page layout is excellent. Each closeup at the same angle as the splash, Cliff’s in reverse? Just nicely done!
    Last edited by Riv86672; 12-13-2023 at 04:03 AM.