Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

If you like mercenary Slade Wilson, Deathstroke, you will LOVE mercenary Wade Wilson, Deadpool.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I am not sure what you mean....have there been big changes with Catwoman? I really haven't read any Catwoman stuff in a while.
    Well Catwoman has changed over time, as all comic characters do. But I think the biggest change in the last 30 years or so has been romantic involvement with Batman. And that seems to have been borrowed from the way Black Cat was presented from the start.

There is a lot of debate about it, though. Back in the 1960s TV show the Catwomen were always pretty flirty with Batman. So I don't know which really is the inspiration for the other, or if they are both just considered original characters through and through.

(I don't mean to derail)
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Well Catwoman has changed over time, as all comic characters do. But I think the biggest change in the last 30 years or so has been romantic involvement with Batman. And that seems to have been borrowed from the way Black Cat was presented from the start.

There is a lot of debate about it, though. Back in the 1960s TV show the Catwomen were always pretty flirty with Batman. So I don't know which really is the inspiration for the other, or if they are both just considered original characters through and through.

(I don't mean to derail)
    Well, I had the opportunity to read the first Catwoman story with DC's facsimile edition of Batman #1, and not only is Selina being flirty, but Batman intentionally let's her escape, hoping to see her again, so the romance was there from the start.

There is a lot of debate about it, though. Back in the 1960s TV show the Catwomen were always pretty flirty with Batman....
    It was in the Golden Age stories and then when she returned to Batman comics in 1967 (after about a decade away from comics, thanks Wertham!), the Catwoman-Batman romantic angle was back. At the end of Detective #369 (1967), Selina's shown as being very jealous of Batgirl, whom she thinks has romantic designs on Batman.

This leads directly into the next month's Batman #197, in which Catwoman proposes marriage to Batman (and tries to get rid of her supposed rival Batgirl).
    Last edited by Shalla Bal; 12-15-2023 at 09:43 AM. Reason: Typos etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kai "the spy" View Post
    Well, I had the opportunity to read the first Catwoman story with DC's facsimile edition of Batman #1, and not only is Selina being flirty, but Batman intentionally let's her escape, hoping to see her again, so the romance was there from the start.
    The attraction thing is right through the Golden Age. In one story where Catwoman pretends to go straight, Bruce Wayne starts romancing her (allegedly) in an effort to keep her on the straight and narrow, despite the fact he is already dating Linda Page: a development that Linda is understandably quite angry about. So the Batman/Catwoman romance is definitely not a Spider-Man/Black Cat ripoff.

Invincible Member

This thread could almost be made up of just Rob Liefeld characters LOL!

Rob admits this was a reworking of a Teen Titans pitch. The characters he admits to are Shaft=Speedy, Vogue= Harlequin ( Dula Dent? ), Combat= a Kh'undian warrior, and Die Hard = a STAR Labs android. Most fans see Badrock as a take off of the Thing and I'd say Chapel is a Punisher rip off.

John Stone, agent of S.T.O.R.M.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

(I don't mean to derail)
    It was already stated in the classic "trial for the murder of the Batman" story in the 70s that she really loves Batman. And on Eart 2, the two married and had Huntress as a daughter, long before Black Cat came along.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    This thread could almost be made up of just Rob Liefeld characters LOL!

Rob admits this was a reworking of a Teen Titans pitch. The characters he admits to are Shaft=Speedy, Vogue= Harlequin ( Dula Dent? ), Combat= a Kh'undian warrior, and Die Hard = a STAR Labs android. Most fans see Badrock as a take off of the Thing and I'd say Chapel is a Punisher rip off.
    The skull tattoo(?) on his face was a dead giveaway!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I remember Chapel was the killer of Al Simmons, before McFarlane retconned it.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kai "the spy" View Post
    I remember Chapel was the killer of Al Simmons, before McFarlane retconned it.
    I think it was because they weren't going to be able to use Chapel in the Spawn movie, correct?

Spider-Man co-creator Steve Ditko copied Spider-Man making Ted Kord, adding hints of Batman, too many of them.

Jaime Rias is anothe Spider-Man clone of sorts, with a space Iron Man twist.

Miles is a legacy character that uses elements from Jaime Rias, while maintaining Spider-Man theme, and zappy pop ability of one of his villains.

Full cycle.

TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Smash Comics #46

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Going with the late entry by Englehart Humperdinck.

Say, did Lady Luck ever appear in the New 52 like Geoff Johns had announced?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I'll vote for K7P5V this week! I'll always remember the big reveal on the last page of Thunderbolts #1 which shocked even me!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!