Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I know he was augmented by Khora of the Burning Heart in that moment but has Sunspot ever done something like that before, on his own. If not, I actually do like that particular development of his powers going forward.
    Me too. That was probably my favourite moment of the issue. I don't think he's done something like that before but may be wrong.
    "When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — No, you move."

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I know he was augmented by Khora of the Burning Heart in that moment but has Sunspot ever done something like that before, on his own. If not, I actually do like that particular development of his powers going forward.
    The closest I can think of is that time in AoA (Gambit and the X-Ternals) when he absorbed some of the energy from the M'kraan Crystal and shifted from a black energy form to a blinding white form.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Was this it?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

If Lord Ewing picked that up from his research and used it here then he is most certainly the Goatest of GOATS.

I really like that it's a sensible reversal of his initial power set to absorb sunlight for strength and durability but emit blinding light (and possibly heat?) as a long range offense tactic.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Is there any news on Nova?

He's healing in critical condition. Off panel.

Im surprised people were really needing to see that on panel.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    He's healing in critical condition. Off panel.

Im surprised people were really needing to see that on panel.
    The text from the last panel that featured a bloody, beaten Nova: "Speaking of dying...he isn't. The Nova Force is keeping him alive - but it only holds the infection at bay. And the pain...our telepaths say he's shut off - gone deep inside his own mind. Maybe he'll never come out."

I wouldn't describe that as healing off-panel, considering it explicitly says the Nova Force is just keeping him going, not actively healing him. I don't think it's a surprise that many of us hoped for something more on that this issue.
    "When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — No, you move."

Mighty Member

There was no way that Ewing was given everything to cook with this issue. Certain parts were rushed. But I felt enjoyed the fight between genesis and Ororo. She wasn't the main antagonist, that was annihilation. Their fight was so much fun. It was a fight of wills and we all know storm's real super power is having an unbeatable will.

I really enjoyed Sunspot taking down Ora. I also liked that in this timeline John didn't go murder murder on blue. I really liked the fight between the continents. Calling them islands seems disrespectful. I love their engrave at the end and the crazy landscape of Arrako after the war. This planet has been through a lot and is still standing. Can't wait to see what comes next.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Grayson View Post
    I re-read Annihilation earlier this year - I miss that Rich!
    Are..the stellar days of Giffen and DnA. Those were the days but to be fair Al has done a lot with him in GOTG and in some small ways here in XMEN RED but leaving him as he is as a dangling plot awaiting a resolution isn't a great call.. even an one panel/ bit of dialogue update from Storm considering he took the arrow fired by Pestilence would have been nice.

I'm sad Ewing is going.

What exactly are Genesis' powers btw?

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    I'm sad Ewing is going.

She manipulates flora and she's durable and strong. Think Poison Ivy on steroids with a magic stick that tells people what to do.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    I'm sad Ewing is going.

Think the first hokage on steroids.

Cannot wait to read it. I'm happy the lovers are reunited, although I wish Ironifire could be his own person for a while.

Orlando should take over Arrako. He was halfway there with the Shiar stuff anyways.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Considering RotPoX is set in the future, Duggan's FotHoX might be the only place we see the Arakkii for the Blood Dawn involvement...if that's what Storm was referring to.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Incredible Member

A good ending to Ewing's run on Arrako, with the only misstep being not including the fate of Nova. I know he is fine and will be alive for any writer who wants to use him next, but I would have like to see the conclusion of Ewing's Nova arc that spanned back to GoTG.

We know how good Ewing is that he can get us readers to care about the Iron Fire / White Sword relationship in only a few panels while Duggan fails to get the Synch / Laura romance resonate. That panel with the hug is such a nice gift from Ewing (and the artist Cinar).