Amazing Member

Default Sakura Kasugano (Street Fighter) vs Yuri Sakazaki (Art of Fighting)

Who would win between these two characters?

I’d put my money on Sakura.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

How's Sakura's range game these days? She have any answer to a Haohshokoken?
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Just gonna swoop in with my usual spiel of fighting games often have very sparse feats and using in-game mechanics is pretty poor for Rumbles standards.

Uh...this is actually kind of hard to call. Sakura is a regular sparring partner of Karin, who slaps down steel bunker doors and members of Bison's Shadaloo Doll unit with ease (SFV: Shadow Falls), but her own feats are less set in stone and would become a messy question of dubious scaling (ie; A = B, therefore > C who was sighted doing D, ech)

Similarly, while Yuri has beena familiar face in the KOF roster for 30 years, between her, King and Mai, the founders of the Ladies' Team, she's usually booked as the weakest of the three and used as a benchmark by whom newcomers are admitted, such as Hinako the sumo girl. Yuri lost to Hinako, but in terms of capabilities I couldn't necessarily tell you how that translates to speed and strength and such.

If we're comparing game systems, KOF XV is a way faster game with more options than SFV: AE...but agaun, these are games systems, not feats, otherwise Thanos with the Infinity gauntlet could potentially get bodied by Dhalsim, Roll or Amingo the cactus.

So if we're going by story, Sakura's benchmarks seem a bit less ambiguous than Yuri's, and by standards of evidence she wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    How's Sakura's range game these days? She have any answer to a Haohshokoken?
    Sakura can throw a Shinkuu Hadoken I guess, although the Haoshokoken distinguishes itself by being really fast, so Yuri would likely win the quickdraw.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Always good to have your input…food for thought, makes sense. *avoids discussion of city-exploding lasers*

Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Always good to have your input…food for thought, makes sense. *avoids discussion of city-exploding lasers*

were the City Destroying Lasers in a KoF game? Because those are technically a seperate continuity from Fatal Fury/Art of Fighting