Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    The writer of that article doesn't have anymore information about the movie than I do.
    I didn't say he did but at least he's guessing is based on on things in the trailer no offense but your guessing is basically
    it's titled 'Civil War and set set in the United States so of course it has to be premised on existing political models even though there's nothing really like that in the trailer

Again nothing personal I'm just wondering were people got the right wing vs left wing from?

Quote Originally Posted by Nods View Post
    Well to start off with a Zombie isn't great just because it has Zombies in it. This feels like a story that's been done to death.

Now the problem with the trailer is it looks like it's given away the entire film. The story they are telling is also one we've seen many times before. The film doesn't seem to have anything original in it...it's pablum.
    Whan did I say a zombie movie is great just because it has zombies init? All i mean by that is some things are staples
    in movies IE a zombie movie always has people being eaten it doesn't mean its good or bad per say. You keep saying it's been done to death but I can't remember the last movie that really looked like this The Purge: Anarchy?

Then you say it looks like it's given away the entire story but it hasn't literally all we really know is there's a civil war going on we don't know anything else.

Uninspired is that this the setup of DMZ, Walking Dead, The Last of Us, Designated Survivor, Jericho, I think a show called Blackout.
    I just had to point out everything mentioned here has very little in common some of these aren't even set in a apocalypse setting....

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Whan did I say a zombie movie is great just because it has zombies init? All i mean by that is some things are staples
    in movies IE a zombie movie always has people being eaten it doesn't mean its good or bad per say. You keep saying it's been done to death but I can't remember the last movie that really looked like this The Purge: Anarchy?

Then you say it looks like it's given away the entire story but it hasn't literally all we really know is there's a civil war going on we don't know anything else.
    Okay if you want me to ruin the film for you.

The first act of the film takes place in the south where a family gets caught up in this "civil war". they run into a journalist played by Kirsten Dunst.

The group then heads to Washington where the bad guys take over and kidnap/kill the president who I am assuming is also corupt based on the fact he's played by a white guy.

Jesse Plemens who is Dunst's husband and he has a southern accent is likely the big bad who dies at the end.

As for the last time a film like this came out...they release dozens of them every year...Julia roberts came out with one this week on Netflix

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I didn't say he did but at least he's guessing is based on on things in the trailer no offense but your guessing is basically
    it's titled 'Civil War and set set in the United States so of course it has to be premised on existing political models even though there's nothing really like that in the trailer

Again nothing personal I'm just wondering were people got the right wing vs left wing from?
    Because that's a logical presumption given that it's set in the United States, which has the current right wing/left wing divide?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Because that's a logical presumption given that it's set in the United States, which has the current right wing/left wing divide?
    But again there's nothing like that in the trailer current events don't seem to have anything to do with anything in this movie.

Okay if you want me to ruin the film for you.

The first act of the film takes place in the south where a family gets caught up in this "civil war". they run into a journalist played by Kirsten Dunst.

The group then heads to Washington where the bad guys take over and kidnap/kill the president who I am assuming is also corupt based on the fact he's played by a white guy.

Jesse Plemens who is Dunst's husband and he has a southern accent is likely the big bad who dies at the end.

As for the last time a film like this came out...they release dozens of them every year...Julia roberts came out with one this week on Netflix
    I guess we'll see if you're right...

Ya um Leave the World Behind has almost nothing in common with this.