View Poll Results: What is your choise ?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • I wish Lois Lane had a definitive look

12 46.15%
  • I like the veraity of looks for Lois Lane

14 53.85%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

I've been a fan of "classic" dark haired Lois, Post-Crisis redhead Lois, purple-eyed Lois, and dirty-blonde Erica Durance Lois.

To me, attitude communicates more about Lois than her visual design.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I've been a fan of "classic" dark haired Lois, Post-Crisis redhead Lois, purple-eyed Lois, and dirty-blonde Erica Durance Lois.

To me, attitude communicates more about Lois than her visual design.
    Durance was dirty-blonde!?

I get attitude is important, but I think visuals can go a long way.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Durance was dirty-blonde!?

I get attitude is important, but I think visuals can go a long way.
    She had that sort of "dirty blonde to brown" hair. And yeah, I get the visuals argument... but since I'm a sucker for 90's redhead Lois but still like dark haired Lois, it just doesn't impact me that much.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

To me Brosnahan does not have the Lois look. But she is an incredible actress who will steal scenes from Corenswet. In a similar vein my first reaction to Tyler Hoechlin was the same. He isn't handsome enough to play Superman. Kinda shallow on my part - I know. Tyler quickly won me over. After Reeve, Tyler has become my favorite Superman actor - along with Gerard Christopher

aaaaaaa1234.jpg
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 12-14-2023 at 04:17 PM.

I think purple has become her default identity color of choice:

She needs to stick to that.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

"Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Not really. I don't want to get into an April O'Neil situation where everyone's fighting about what she's "supposed" to look like. She's had every variety of hair and eye color you can think of and even been other races on occasion. The moment you give her a carved in stone look is the moment you not only kill that variety but you also close the door to future adaptations that might more accurately reflect audiences of the future.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    She had that sort of "dirty blonde to brown" hair. And yeah, I get the visuals argument... but since I'm a sucker for 90's redhead Lois but still like dark haired Lois, it just doesn't impact me that much.
    Completely understandable. For what it's worth, the McGuinness version will always be my favorite (XD)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey2 View Post
    To me Brosnahan does not have the Lois look. But she is an incredible actress who will steal scenes from Corenswet. In a similar vein my first reaction to Tyler Hoechlin was the same. He isn't handsome enough to play Superman. Kinda shallow on my part - I know. Tyler quickly won me over. After Reeve, Tyler has become my favorite Superman actor - along with Gerard Christopher

aaaaaaa1234.jpg
    Really? How about now?

Fz6AobzXsAY5I9G.jpgFz0bRRtWIAE6Kzt.jpg011322-stylecaster-rachelbrosnahan8563-retouch-2.jpg

Cool

OP Question - I do prefer Lois with purple eyes I must say, otherwise, her look can vary, IMHO.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I have a question,

Are there people with natural purple eyes ? or purple eyes are fictional like blue haired anime girls ? I have never seen anyone with natural purple eyes in my entire life, but then again i have never seen a person with yellow eyes until i was 19 year old. I had a friend with yellow eyes in university, his eyes were bright honey yellow. So you never know... And i think i made up my mind, i believe a definitive look in comics is something rear and a big plus for a character. I have no definitive look for Lois in my mind though... Since i grew up with all kinds of different looks for Lois.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Amazing Member

I like unique traits like eye color. It’s what made Bart Unique in the flash family as his yellow irises looked like lightning. Keep Lois’ eyes purple.

I don't really understand why the purple eyes have such a big following.

They're only a little over 20 years old, right? Lois having red hair or curly brown hair or auburn hair or always wearing a pillbox hat or any number of other things, are way older than the purple eyes thing. Not to mention, it puts an annoying requirement on actors to wear colored contacts. Frankly, I think it's silly.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

I don't get the purple eyes trend. never got it.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by out of control View Post
    I have a question,

Are there people with natural purple eyes ? or purple eyes are fictional like blue haired anime girls ? I have never seen anyone with natural purple eyes in my entire life, but then again i have never seen a person with yellow eyes until i was 19 year old. I had a friend with yellow eyes in university, his eyes were bright honey yellow. So you never know... And i think i made up my mind, i believe a definitive look in comics is something rear and a big plus for a character. I have no definitive look for Lois in my mind though... Since i grew up with all kinds of different looks for Lois.
    Elizabeth Taylor had them. They exist but they're super rare. This is why I think insisting on Lois having them is kind of silly. A woman with the rarest eye color marries the most powerful man on Earth? That's pushing credulity to say the least.
    Assassinate Putin!