Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    I literally said that in the op. -_-

I made this thread to talk about her design in general, since you can’t get much from the Funko Pop.
    Wasn't trying to hate!

I like the design, reminds me of her original return in the pages of X-Man post AoA.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Interesting how they use the Goblin Queen name instead of Madelyne Pryor.

At first I wondered if Jean would be turned into the Goblin Queen in this but the blurb that came with the toy reveal says the Goblin Queen is a Jean Grey doppleganger who becomes corrupted by Mr. Sinister.

Wonder when Jean will be replaced by her clone and how much of "Jean" in the first season will actually be "Maddie"? She will probably think she is the real Jean and once the deception is revealed, turn into the Goblin Queen.

How do they fit all this into the first 10 episodes that is season 1 though?

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    The latest is that it's set for Spring 2024:

https://x.com/xmenupdate/status/1734...802075709?s=46

It's been rumoured to premiere in early 2024 for some time now so I'm thinking March might be it.

It's annoying how secretive Marvel has been with release dates of their animated shows and how the footage from San Diego still hasn't been shared online.
    Naw, I think it might be much later than March 2024.

Early 2024/Spring of 2024 was announced many months ago. We have not heard anything since, which might push it back even further. Then, there is also the writers' strike.

We also do not know what Disney is planning....

It could easily be somewhere between June and October of 2024.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member

As far as villain outfits go, besides being obviously more acceptable for a children's cartoon, the design arguably makes her more regal and urban looking, which matches the general theme and feel of the X-men better, while the comic version looks more at home on the cover of classic fantasy novels or RPG system.

Now granted, the comic version of the outfit is actualy the result of a story involving genuine demons and dark magic, so it can be considered in line with the above mentioned covers and art pieces.

However while the Marvel and DC super hero comics never had a particular strong border or seperation between science fiction and fantasy elements, it's notable that most super hero adaptations tend to stick with one over the other based on what genre applies to their origins.

Which in turn means that an adaptation of the Inferno story might more likely go with the "demons" being psychic projections by Madelyn or creatures summoned from a different dimension, which offers much less justification for sticking her in an outfit that would be more fitting on the cover of "The Dark Queen of Krynn".

Additional it also creates a stronger visual connection to Mister Sinister, if he is still the major driving force in the story.

I wasn't expecting an exact translation of the 1989 comic costume, but this generally looks good.
    I would have preferred it to be navy blue to amplify the connection to Sinister and to differentiate it from Hellfire "black queen " attire.

Wonder how many random kids buying the figure will be disappointed at the baby accessory lol

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post

gorgeous figure!!

Finally, all parents growing up in the 1990s and regretting their decision for parenthood today, have a figure to play killing their own child!!! Thanks, Marvel!

#TeamMadelyne
    Last edited by Exodus; 12-14-2023 at 08:29 AM.