Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Yeah, this. The more people with Green Lantern rings or Flash speed are running/flying around, the less cool Hal and Barry seem. Like there's a dozen of them around.

"Flash! (One of the dozen or so...) Fastest Men Alive! Doesn't have the same ring to it, yanno?
    Yah. Which is why DC dropped the ball trying to put them all in one place instead of scattering them across the decades, retiring, even burying some.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Yah. Which is why DC dropped the ball trying to put them all in one place instead of scattering them across the decades, retiring, even burying some.
    And it's kind of a no win, because every version is going to *someone's* favorite. Bump Wally off, or demote him for Barry, and piss off an entire generation who grew up with Wally as 'their Flash.' Same with Kyle going into limbo so Hal can return. Every new Lantern or Flash is going to have fans, and *they're all being forced into competition with each other, BY DC.*

I like Jo Mullein, and loved her mini, but it *could* have been a story about Jessica Cruz or John Stewart in the City Enduring, and had different characterization and beats, but given that spotlight to a character with different fans, and it's entirely fine for them to wish that small 'push' Jo got went to their favorite Lantern. (And I feel the same way when my favorite Lanterns or Flashes get overlooked for one that I'm less invested in. Although I'll admit I don't want any of my favorite Lanterns cast in Guy's most famous role. Batman punching Jo Mullein in the face would just invite unfun dialogue...)
    Last edited by Sutekh; 12-15-2023 at 07:29 PM.