Amazing Member

Default Blocked from viewing CBR because it says I have and ad-blocker (I don't)

So, this happened a few months ago as well but cleared up, but today every time I try to view the main CBR page or any article the screen says I can't view CBR because I have an ad-blocker stopping the page from loading correctly. However, I don't have any ad-blocker. Has the site been hacked? Is it my computer ( I am using a Chromebook)? Are others having this same issue?I have no trouble here on the forums. I guess I'll get my nerd news elsewhere until I can figure this out.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Does this only happen on this site? Is the message coming from your PC or does some message box pop up?

If you can, try running your browser in safe mode and/or disable any add-ons. If you can access the site then, try and figure out which add-on is causing the problem. If you can't, try using another browser and see if that works.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Amazing Member

Screenshot 2023-12-15 8.22.28 AM.jpg

Here's a screenshot of what pops up. I have only had this happen on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthBubba View Post
    Screenshot 2023-12-15 8.22.28 AM.jpg

Here's a screenshot of what pops up. I have only had this happen on this site.
    That looks like Firefox. Try what I suggested and see if that still happens. There are a number of reasons for this possibly happening and you need to be willing to put in a little effort to either identify the cause or eliminate some of the more obvious.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.