Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    The art is GORGEOUS. Miles better than Astonishing Iceman, which was already good.
    Actually... are there two artists on the title ? The first two pages look nothing alike. The first page seems to be drawn by the Dark X-men artist.
    That "Sword" team looks fun ! Always happy to see Blink and Random.

It's very funny because ALL those characters could and DID actually lead their teams, aside from maybe Prodigy (and that's arguable).
    Yes indeed, there's going to be several artists on the book!

You're working with several different artists on Dead X-Men. How did that decision come about, and how has it been working with multiple artists for one title?

I'm super thrilled it's worked out how it has. When I approached my editors, Jordan White and Lauren Amaro, with the proposal to loop in eight different artists, I thought for sure it wouldn't fly - it's so many moving pieces! But because the Dead X-Men's mission takes them to such distinct locales, I had the vision in mind that each scene could fall to a different artist, with some only appearing in one issue and some recurring through multiple. Jordan and Lauren were completely up for the challenge of making that a reality.

I'm so, so grateful to reunite with personal collaborators like Jonas Scharf (Dark X-Men), Lynne Yoshii (The Redroot Saga), Guillermo Sanna (X-Men Unlimited), as well as work with accomplished Krakoan artists like Vincenzo Carratù (Astonishing Iceman), Bernard Chang (Jean Grey), Javi Pina (X-Men), and David Baldeon (X-Factor). I've also been dying to work with Peter V. Nguyen, who did a Wolverine backup short recently, for ages. We also got a super fun surprise when we asked Lucas Werneck (Fall of the House of X) to do the main covers - I had suggested the team wear the '90s Jim Lee blue and gold jumpsuits for a retro pop and so we could keep looks consistent across all of our artists more easily…but Lucas went the extra mile and designed updates for the cast!

Every artist involved has worked on Krakoa in some fashion, which felt very meaningful to me because of the nature of Dead X-Men and because this upcoming launch of titles is helping us bid adieu to the era. Plus it means we got a BOUNTY of art coming in all at once, which was disorienting but incredibly cool - the whole series is just about done already.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I don't love the Exiles flavored premise, and while I like the work of most of the artists involved I really would prefer a visually consistent book. But I'll be checking out at least the first issue because I really like the cast and Foxe is good writer.

Scharf said Sam Guthrie does NOT skip leg day.

I don't think the girl with the bob is Risque, because she's too pale. Maybe Lila Cheney?

This book is almost single-handedly going to keep me invested in the X-line for the next few months.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    I'd say Frenzy naturally falls into a “leader” position more than the others, but no one's a slack-off on this squad.
    Seriously?
    Sam has been a leader for years, until x-writers robbed him of that. (like Marvel writers often do when the new generation becomes too competent)
    And David showed multiple times that he should have been the leader of the New X-Men. And that was without having Cyclops' skills in his brain, which he should have currently. I hope he won't be written as the team's nerd once again, because he can be way more than that.

At least the art looks really good, and we get to see some of the characters who got removed from Sword/Xx-Men Red.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Ah yes thanks I forgot about that ! It's gonna be fun, but I'll admit I wish Scharf did the whole thing. I want to read so much more of him.
    And so exited to see Nguyen getting more X-work.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Ah yes thanks I forgot about that ! It's gonna be fun, but I'll admit I wish Scharf did the whole thing. I want to read so much more of him.
    And so exited to see Nguyen getting more X-work.
    I'm really excited for Peter Nguyen also!

Unrelated but it was interesting when Foxe mentioned in the interview that he knew the end of the era was coming when he entered the office. "... before my Dark X-Men outline was approved, I knew the path to 2024 and the books readers are about to have in their hands." He mentioned in past interviews that they were discussing Dark X-Men in the fall of 2022 so they were planning pretty far out in advance with certain things.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I don't love the Exiles flavored premise, and while I like the work of most of the artists involved I really would prefer a visually consistent book. But I'll be checking out at least the first issue because I really like the cast and Foxe is good writer.

Scharf said Sam Guthrie does NOT skip leg day.

I don't think the girl with the bob is Risque, because she's too pale. Maybe Lila Cheney?
    The girl is Armor. She was also part of SWORD’s cast.

Looks good.

I'm gonna get.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Makes me really sad that S.W.O.R.D. was so short-lived and had such a great cast, world-building for the Krakoa era, and costume designs...

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Seriously?
    Sam has been a leader for years, until x-writers robbed him of that. (like Marvel writers often do when the new generation becomes too competent)
    That raised my eyebrow too—until I remembered that the rehabilitation of Frenzy ran concurrently with Cannonball getting downgraded and pushed off to the side in...hmm. I think it started just after Second Coming.

I'm not sure I'll ever get used to Frenzy not being the total aggro psychopath she was from the 1980s through the 2000s.

Speaking of S.W.O.R.D., whatever happened to the space station? Last time I remember seeing it was at the end of the comic's run when Gyrich tried to crash it into Australia, but Cable and Manifold got it back into orbit. I know the second station over Mars is still there, albeit heavily damaged, but I can't find anything on the main station over Earth.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Til View Post
    Speaking of S.W.O.R.D., whatever happened to the space station? Last time I remember seeing it was at the end of the comic's run when Gyrich tried to crash it into Australia, but Cable and Manifold got it back into orbit. I know the second station over Mars is still there, albeit heavily damaged, but I can't find anything on the main station over Earth.
    I believe Peepers and some others was still on in and in contact with Storm
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Their looks are hideous.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Makes me really sad that S.W.O.R.D. was so short-lived and had such a great cast, world-building for the Krakoa era, and costume designs...
    Yeah I was pretty bummed that the second half of X-Men Red pretty much dropped most of the SWORD elements.

I'm not a fan of the uniforms. Or Jubilee's haircut.

But other than that this looks all right to me. I will be buying it.