Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Shortpack! View Post
    What did Frenzy lead?
    Frenzy was a lead ambassador for Magneto's Genosha to the UN I believe. Right around when Jean mind controlled her into joining her X-Men team right before Morrison's run. She might have been a leader among the Acolytes to some degree, but I don't remember that part very well.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Who on Earth is the flamin' mutant? Could that be Redroot?[/CENTER]
    Looks like Redroot and Sunfire fused. Didn't he transplant her into his body?
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Frenzy grew out her sides while Jubilation shaved hers.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    It seems this book will connect to the Dominion plot in Rise and possibly X-Men Forever, but considering your general feelings about Gillen's work I understand your point Sibz lol
    Ugh! Is now self I doh want nutten tuh do wit it. LOL
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Frenzy was a lead ambassador for Magneto's Genosha to the UN I believe. Right around when Jean mind controlled her into joining her X-Men team right before Morrison's run. She might have been a leader among the Acolytes to some degree, but I don't remember that part very well.
    Wasn't she also the co-leader in the Age of X reality, that she still had memories of (and her relationship with Cyclops). So that too

BANNED

Not quite... I just finished thumbing through X-Men Unlimited #105-108. Apparently, in #106 Shiro ran afoul of Moria X and later Mad Jim Jaspers who trapped Redroot in a glass Mason Jar procuring a splinter of her (or was that his toothpick and or both?) which he jammed it into the palm of Shiro.

The rest of the story completely lost me to the point that I'll need to "Scroll an Oink", grab a pint of 40% Proof, and reread the story later in one sitting to make sense of it all

Last edited by Micabe; 12-16-2023 at 11:24 PM. Reason: Link(s) and Pic(s) added.

Correct. We learned in X-Men Red #17 that he currently cannot remove her from his chest or he'll die. They were used as the earth element for A's spell.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Correct. We learned in X-Men Red #17 that he currently cannot remove her from his chest or he'll die. They were used as the earth element for A's spell.
    In my previous post, I posted the relevant pages from X-Men Unlimited - Infinity Comic #106 and #111... But, I want to know WHO transplanted Redroot into his body surely Shiro didn't do it himself. Did Jaspers do it and in which title and issue did the symbiosis/fusion take place?
    Last edited by Micabe; 12-17-2023 at 11:39 AM.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Why am I already a Sunroot stan?

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    In my previous post, I posted the relevant pages from X-Men Unlimited - Infinity Comic #106 and #111... But, I want to know WHO transplanted Redroot into his body surely Shiro didn't do it himself. Did Jaspers do it and in which title and issue did the symbiosis/fusion take place?
    In X-Men Unlimited #111, Moira slams Redroot into Sunfire's chest first joining them, but the fusion is made permanent by Apocalypse in X-Men #27 in order to save their lives.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    In X-Men Unlimited #111, Moira slams Redroot into Sunfire's chest first joining them, but the fusion is made permanent by Apocalypse in X-Men #27 in order to save their lives.
    Ah, thanks... Wait! Which X-Men #27?
    Last edited by Micabe; 12-17-2023 at 04:24 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Sunroot 2024! They're hot! And they have wood!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Sunroot 2024! They're hot! And they have wood!

From Steve Foxe's recent newsletter:

"This bad boy won’t debut until the end of the month, but I’m writing a four-issue mini-series spinning out of Kieron Gillen and RB Silva’s Rise of the Powers Of X, one of the epic bookends to the long-running Krakoan saga. The cast was briefly a bit of a secret, but a poorly kept one: Dazzler, Prodigy, Frenzy, Jubilee, and Cannonball, the newly elected X-Men who died at this summer’s Hellfire Gala, are back in a time-and-space-spanning adventure.

There’s very little I can reveal about this book just yet, but I take writing these five (along with our other two primary cast members, Rachel Summers and [redacted]) as a serious responsibility. Besides being some of my personal favorite mutants (DAZZLER), this is the team-that-almost-wasn’t. While the book was already planned and started before readers reacted to their shocking deaths, seeing the passion and interest X-fans had in seeing these five as X-Men lit a fire under all of us. I got a taste of writing them all alongside Steph Williams and Noemi Vittori in their X-Men Unlimited shorts, but the tone is vastly different—and the stakes much higher—in Dead X-Men. I’ve described the book as my chance to channel Claremont and Cockrum and I’m sticking to that vague-yet-accurate statement for now.

What I can say, though, is that the art team on the book is BONKERS. In addition to main covers and stunning new costumes designed by Lucas Werneck, we’ve got eight (!) artists contributing to our four issues. It’s an ambitious plan and I didn’t think our editor superstars Jordan White and Lauren Amaro would want to wrangle all of these moving pieces, but it’s worked out, knock on wood, exactly as I hoped.

My Dark X-Men collaborator Jonas Scharf kicks us off, with Jean Grey’s Bernard Chang appearing in every issue and Astonishing Iceman’s Vincenzo Carratù doing the bulk of #1. Fan-favorite Peter V. Nguyen (who contributed a Wolverine backup) and my X-Men Unlimited partner Guillermo Sanna join us for #2, before Lynne Yoshii (also X-Men Unlimited), Javier Pina (X-Men), and David Baldeon (X-Factor) loop in for #3. Bringing us home on #4 are David, Vincenzo, and Bernard. Frank Martin colors the whole thing, and it’s been a huge thrill seeing his unifying take on these very different artists. This was an extremely rad instance of everyone we asked and hoped for lining up, and it’s making for a really heartfelt tribute to the Krakoan era as a whole. "
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    This is true X-fan culture.