Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Just feels weird coming out of her fairly formal and stoic mouth.

Betsy would've totally used it.
    I admit I got "Betsy vibes" from that scene. I haven't followed Kwannon, so I don't know how she's been portrayed and written elsewhere, but I think they should establish a totally different way of speaking for her. That line felt too Betsy.
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Wait... Stevil made Monet bleed? When was the last time we saw Monet get stopped in her tracks like that much less bleed from a blow to the face? And, what happened to Steve's natural arm?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    The selfie is SENDING me!

What’s less enjoyable is how nerfed Monet is. Not only is she durable as hell in her regular form, but I thought they gave her the Penance form for extra measure. But apparently a headbutt is enough to damn near take her out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I'm sorry to say Duggan writes a terrible Kwannon. Her brief appearance in issue 1 was promising but everything else has been terribly out of character. "Stevil"... really?
    You all guys are pretending like its not an Avengers book even with so many x-characters lol. This is why i don't like Uncanny Avengers. It doesn't work.

I Like The Uncanny Vengers.

how they get Stevil Arrested and in trial for his crimes

Quote Originally Posted by Hakka84 View Post
    I admit I got "Betsy vibes" from that scene. I haven't followed Kwannon, so I don't know how she's been portrayed and written elsewhere, but I think they should establish a totally different way of speaking for her. That line felt too Betsy.
    Yes. That is a problem. I love that Kwannon is back and all but editorial seems to let her just be Besty 2.0 beyond the suit, power effects and the codename. I hope they make their differences more clear in the X-Men's new era coming.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Honestly I didn't even know what Steve's middle name was until this issue. Or I forgot.
    See attached, from Captain America #247.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Keno View Post
    You all guys are pretending like its not an Avengers book even with so many x-characters lol. This is why i don't like Uncanny Avengers. It doesn't work.
    I preferred the New Avengers which had a more street level vibe with Luke Cage, Wolverine, Spider-man, Captain America, Ronin/Echo, etc. Would love to see them bring back a version of that team, but anchored by Wolverine & Deadpool. Because... well, they're going to be a big deal come this summer.

Throw in White Widow, maybe Ms. Marvel or She-Hulk or Echo. A few others. Falcon-Cap, since his movie comes out next year in 2025.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Astonishing Member

He has a middle name ?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Wait... Stevil made Monet bleed? When was the last time we saw Monet get stopped in her tracks like that much less bleed from a blow to the face? And, what happened to Steve's natural arm?
    His arm was broken in an earlier fight with Captain Krakoa aka his evil version so the arm now has a special cast on it to help it heal faster, that's why it looks strange.

BANNED

Ah, it's a cast... Now it makes sense. I was under the impression that his arm was cybernetic a'la Bucky Barnes.

People are taking this mini too seriously. Its FUN.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    He has a middle name ?
    I refer the honourable poster to the post I made here

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    x2

Deadpool has been fun in this mini Also Monet and Pietro

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I preferred the New Avengers which had a more street level vibe with Luke Cage, Wolverine, Spider-man, Captain America, Ronin/Echo, etc. Would love to see them bring back a version of that team, but anchored by Wolverine & Deadpool. Because... well, they're going to be a big deal come this summer.

Throw in White Widow, maybe Ms. Marvel or She-Hulk or Echo. A few others. Falcon-Cap, since his movie comes out next year in 2025.
    You mean the book where squirrel girl and logan hooked up, then it was implemented as something else by the squirrel girl writer? No thanks. I don't know why Bendis somehow manages to make Logan look like a d@# out of nowhere.
    Last edited by Keno; 12-15-2023 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Psylocke and Monet aren't 'FUN' characters. Such a down fall for Kwannon to go from Hellions to this ****.