Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Interesting. The Phoenix they're being asked to confront seems like the one we saw in Jean's book? The one that defeated Ultron, Thanos, etc.
    Last edited by JB; 12-14-2023 at 01:49 PM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

So Oljean s doing the same Beast did, but in another universe. I wonder if this will be remembered by the 616 cast afterwards or not.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I also thought immediately of Weezie's Jean Grey mini. Although it was never clear if those were actual alternate realities or just a mind trip. Anyway, I like what I see so far, it goes straight into it, the premise is setup within a couple of pages and the dialogue is fun. Chris Gage is always a safe bet for a good, fun comic so I'm all in.

I was excited for it when it was announced and what I read so far agrees with that excitement.
    I'm curious to see how Hank and Warren (and, to a lesser extent Scott) will be powered up - or at least written - to make sense to stay at the side of a powered up Phoenix that has conquered the universe. For "beat all who might challenged them", these two (and Scott) must get a power boost and get a status that could make them worthy to stay at the side of two Omega unhinged mutants such as Bobby and Jean.
    Also, curious as to why these teens, which should infer are the 616!teen, can be the "the younger selves" of these uber-evil-AU-X-Men at the same time?

Now, if only I wasn't trembling in fear that we'll get this AU!Jean's Warren to stay in 616 and replace our Warren, I could enjoy this more.
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

BANNED

Why did we need this story repeated?

Maybe this factors into why there is a new editor coming.

I’m not sure what to make of this. It feels unnecessary, particularly when we’re in the middle of Fall of X. I’d rather see page space given to mutants we haven’t seen or that haven’t had much/enough focus post-Gala.
    "When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — No, you move."

Why? Why is marvel releasing this? I don’t get it…

Fantastic Member

This looks awful do they really expect us to think this is gonna have any sort of real impact on the Marvel Universe?

This would be interesting if it tied into Jean’s mini… hope those who buy enjoy and I’m excited to catch a recap on here next week!

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Why? Why is marvel releasing this? I don’t get it…
    Yeah, this looks highly skippable.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Land's version of an "old woman" is hilarious.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

It is an absolutely wild choice to put Greg Land on a book where the main characters are supposed to be teenagers.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Grayson View Post
    I’m not sure what to make of this. It feels unnecessary, particularly when we’re in the middle of Fall of X. I’d rather see page space given to mutants we haven’t seen or that haven’t had much/enough focus post-Gala.
    I was thinking the same thing.
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

Better Land on this series than on Dead X-Men. I feel bad for Gage, though. He deserves better.

If that comics at least makes a point that Jean shouldn't have the Phoenix Force (or, if she has it, should quit the X-Men to go fight the OAA or somebody of her size), it wouldn't have been totally useless.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way