Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

this storyline seems so stupid....why? I really do not get it? Why releasing this right after the most recent Jean Grey mini series???????? Let's get everyone write a Phoenix Force storyline all the time, at the same time...

Are they also trying to contradict already what Gillen is doing right now in Immortal X-Men?

The horrible art gives me PTSD....
    Last edited by Exodus; 12-14-2023 at 11:32 PM.

Original X-Men #1 D 1:25 Rafael Albuquerque Variant (12/20/2023)

The Original X-Men #1 (Mike McKone Cover)

The Original X-Men #1 (Elizabeth Torque Homage Cover)

The Original X-Men #1 (John Romita Jr. Cover)

Great to know that, to see Warren on variant covers in the bloody year in which the O5 have reached an important anniversary and deserved at least dedicated variants through the year even on non-X titles, I have to look at variant covers of an O5 story that I dread to read because the anniversary variants featured all characters but the original o5 class. Great indeed.
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

Mighty Member

I’m so over time travel and AU stories for the moment. Seems like this is what they do every year or other year… someone or someone’s traveling back or forward in time or to an AU. There’s so many things that can be told here in the present and in the current status quo.

It’s sort of like the premise of Dead X-Men if it was executed with no imagination or wit.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    So unnecessarily convoluted, in a handful of panels we have at least 4 separate Jean's, 3 separate Phoenixes and it all just sounds forced! Jean as the Phoenix can't stop Jean as the Phoenix, but the much younger 05 can, sure!
    Have to agree. I wish we could have just gotten a fun story set in the past with the O5. All this time-travel stuff just keeps complicating things.

Ultimate Member

I'm surprised to see that Christos Gage is doing a mini with Land.

He's an excellent writer, but I wasn't aware that Marvel knew that

There it is. Third scan bottom left panel. She's doing the signature pose.

Greg Land can't keep getting away with this.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

There's Green Phoenix. Red Phoenix. White Phoenix. Black Phoenix...hmm...we should do Purple Phoenix next.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    It’s sort of like the premise of Dead X-Men if it was executed with no imagination or wit.
    Um... have we read enough about Dead X-men to know that its premise has "imagination and wit"? That sure feels like a stretch at this point to say.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    It is an absolutely wild choice to put Greg Land on a book where the main characters are supposed to be teenagers.
    Despite the online hate against Land, I assume apart from meeting deadlines, he's actually a big draw for a lot of people?

I can't think of any other reasons why he keeps getting work.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

So... The premise of this series is that the 616 O5 are brought to another reality/universe by an AU Purple Phoenix to go to a different AU because those AU X-Men and Phoenix are dictators and seeing a teenage version of themselves will set them straight? And Purple Phoenix can't get involved because she's afraid she'll be eaten up by that other Phoenix (a la the Goblin Force from Earth 1298) so she won't get involved but will send another reality's teenage X-Men to do the dirty work?

Did they spin a wheel of previous story lines and this was the mashup they got with three spins of the wheel?
    How did this greenlit? Also I love Gage, but the dialogue is cringe already...

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Despite the online hate against Land, I assume apart from meeting deadlines, he's actually a big draw for a lot of people?

I can't think of any other reasons why he keeps getting work.
    I've always liked his art, actually REALLY like his art. People on here tend to jump on bandwagon hate, as you are aware.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Despite his fans...Land's art is hated for very obvious and legitimate reasons though and not just by the few "bandwagonists" found here.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 12-19-2023 at 10:26 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!