Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Amazing Spider-man 40 Preview

fastball special for Spiderman nice to see She-Hulk still around. Where Deathfury at he should be enjoying this
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

I’m getting kinda tired of Spidey teaming up with murderers like Tombstone. I just reread the original Gerry Conway Spec arc that introduced Tombstone and his feud with Robbie, and I definitely couldn’t see Pete fighting alongside him back then. Plus, he once beat Flash within an inch of his life in a later issue.
    Former CBR writer. See my old articles here.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    I’m getting kinda tired of Spidey teaming up with murderers like Tombstone. I just reread the original Gerry Conway Spec arc that introduced Tombstone and his feud with Robbie, and I definitely couldn’t see Pete fighting alongside him back then. Plus, he once beat Flash within an inch of his life in a later issue.

yeah after Tombstone body change due to oscorp. Well as long as Tombstone doesnt actively kill while he is fighting with Peter doesnt really mind.

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    [/B]

yeah after Tombstone body change due to oscorp. Well as long as Tombstone doesnt actively kill while he is fighting with Peter doesnt really mind.
    Asking him not to kill is like asking Augustus Gloop not to eat chocolate.
    Former CBR writer. See my old articles here.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

So chances are we get the identity of the real brains of the gang war
    Is it Norman or Paul

Isn't Jen's costume supposed to be a leotard? I don't think it's supposed to expand towards her legs.
    Wells' Spidey is okay working with bad people, they may as well be what the book is really about at this point .

Astonishing Member

Teah but Ben MUST pay for his actions while being brain damaged and manipulated by his jailer

Tombstone needs Spider-Man to inadvertently help him eliminate the competition, so he knows he's going to have to do things Spider-Man's way for now. What I'd like to see happen is for Spider-Man to throw Tombstone under the bus at the eleventh hour because Tombstone has already played him once before. Of course, the odds of that happening is slim considering Wells prefer to have Spider-Man stuck as the "lovable loser".

Quote Originally Posted by Nero View Post
    Tombstone needs Spider-Man to inadvertently help him eliminate the competition, so he knows he's going to have to do things Spider-Man's way for now. What I'd like to see happen is for Spider-Man to throw Tombstone under the bus at the eleventh hour because Tombstone has already played him once before. Of course, the odds of that happening is slim considering Wells prefer to have Spider-Man stuck as the "lovable loser".
    Spider-Man is like the least cool and least capable person in his own book. Constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    So chances are we get the identity of the real brains of the gang war
    Is it Norman or Paul
    It’s Ned Leeds
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

This week is basically a set up issue nothing crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    This week is basically a set up issue nothing crazy
    They leaked some of the images, so yeah, nothing new - just setting up thing.

My only question is how does this effect the alliance between kingpin and the mutants is it still in play? Guess this a question that has to be answered by the x-office

Fantastic Member

So, do we think...

spoilers:
    Nefaria
    end of spoilers

Is dead, or 'dead'?