Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    But...but...Doc Ock's not that bad a guy!!!
    Oh yes, yes, he is and I love it. I wouldn't mind if he eventually (crosses fingers) became an outright villainous or a much darker anti-hero Spock this time around.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

This is the same guy who was like "you saved my aunt, that makes us straight even though you stole my body, made a mess of my life, and forced me to destroy my own company while working with a terrorist organization! Well, technically it was your company...but still! Heck, you can even be Spider-Man again! What do I care!'
    I mean, being grateful for saving Aunt May, not to mention actually doing some good the first time around and definitely the second time around. Redemption is a thing that exists after all. Venom did some crazy **** and he pretty much ended up an Avenger.

My annoyance has always been that Otto went back to villainy for no freaking reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Blaize View Post
    I mean, being grateful for saving Aunt May, not to mention actually doing some good the first time around and definitely the second time around. Redemption is a thing that exists after all. Venom did some crazy **** and he pretty much ended up an Avenger.

My annoyance has always been that Otto went back to villainy for no freaking reason.
    I can imagine being grateful but I feel like they really swept any legitimate beef Peter would have with Otto under the rug just so he could get to be a hero and I don't think Otto went through near the same journey Eddie did.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I can imagine being grateful but I feel like they really swept any legitimate beef Peter would have with Otto under the rug just so he could get to be a hero and I don't think Otto went through near the same journey Eddie did.
    I think you need to re-read 80's-90's Venom. In ASM #375, while Eddie had made somewhat more sympathetic over time, Peter just straight up let him off the hook to get rid of him despite his many murders of cops, prison guards, etc, in his grudge against Spidey.
    Last edited by exile001; 12-18-2023 at 03:09 AM.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    I think you need to re-read 80's-90's Venom. In ASM #375, while Eddie had made somewhat more sympathetic over time, Peter just straight up let him off the hook to get rid of him despite his many murders of cops, prison guards, etc, in his grudge against Spidey.
    Isn't that partially why they had Ben beat Venom when he took over?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Isn't that partially why they had Ben beat Venom when he took over?
    Yes, "doing what Peter should have done," as I recall that fight being framed.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yes, "doing what Peter should have done," as I recall that fight being framed.
    doing what Peter couldn't do as well
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    doing what Peter couldn't do as well
    Yeah, they were trying really hard to sell him as the more legitimate Spider-Man, even before The Trial of Peter Parker leading into Maximum Clonage.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I will admit that it would have been nice for them to kinda hash out their differences. Though they kinda did at the end of Superior Vol 1. That's probably where that's coming from.

And as others pointed out, Eddie did some crazy things in the 90s and Peter at one point was all "Out of sight, out of mind"

There's also the fact that Eddie was allowed his development while Otto had his reset because "We have to have Doc Ock" or something

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Blaize View Post
    I will admit that it would have been nice for them to kinda hash out their differences. Though they kinda did at the end of Superior Vol 1. That's probably where that's coming from.

And as others pointed out, Eddie did some crazy things in the 90s and Peter at one point was all "Out of sight, out of mind"

There's also the fact that Eddie was allowed his development while Otto had his reset because "We have to have Doc Ock" or something
    I think it just reeked of Peter just being too passive and accepting just because we need to let this status quo go along.

I miss Peter having more of a backbone.

I’m love the ending of this issue
    Last edited by Jman27; 12-20-2023 at 05:29 AM.

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

*GRONK*

Loved this issue.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    *GRONK*

Loved this issue.
    Cliff notes?

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Cliff notes?
    spoilers:
    Otto fights Peter manages to get the upper hand due to preventing him using his web shooters. Anna comes and Otto distracted by her got kick in the nuts by Peter and lost. While supernova hurts Bailey and then kidnaps Anna. Peter takes Bailey to the hospital and they have a nice moment. Issue ends with Otto giving Peter the superior spider man suit in order to save Anna
    end of spoilers.

Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

I’m so curious how this is going to all play out now after the latest issue, I’m hooked