Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    DC still going with Waller as their main villain. Ugh. That’s really all Taylor has in store for The Titans?
    Such a waste to turn her into an outright villain. Maybe when this is over, it'll lead to her going back to being more in the grey area.(in advance of her Max show?) It wouldn't surprise me if there's a dramatic introduction for Adebayo sometime during this story.

Really this month seems like a lackuster of options.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Guys like Jeff Parker, John Layman, and Sam Humphries should be getting offered the main books instead of toiling away on backups. Really hope DC has some big announcements coming because right now I’m already trimming my reading list and nothing new is being added.
    At least it's nice to see them writing new stuff for DC again. Maybe it's building up to them getting bigger books.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    The Superman line of books still looks good. The Batman books on the other hand haven’t been this lackluster in a very long time. Doesn’t look like anything will change soon.

DC still going with Waller as their main villain. Ugh. That’s really all Taylor has in store for The Titans?
    And Taylor is like the worst choice to be writing Waller because he can only write her as a bad guy with little nuance.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    At least it's nice to see them writing new stuff for DC again. Maybe it's building up to them getting bigger books.

And Taylor is like the worst choice to be writing Waller because he can only write her as a bad guy with little nuance.
    When was the las time anyone wrote Waller as not a bad guy and with nuance
    She been a bad guy for well over a decade.

More likely they just write some small stuff and disappear again. DC seems to only put out two extremes: Batman books to boost their sales, and obscure C & D-Listers that don’t have a prayer of success. B-Listers like Zatanna are just… sitting on the shelf.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

More likely they just write some small stuff and disappear again. DC seems to only put out two extremes: Batman books to boost their sales, and obscure C & D-Listers that don’t have a prayer of success. B-Listers like Zatanna are just… sitting on the shelf.
    Well, it's nice to have C and D-listers get love again and just seeing these creators get new work is a good sign in my opinion .
    Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    When was the las time anyone wrote Waller as not a bad guy and with nuance
    She been a bad guy for well over a decade.
    Especially Taylor.

I know it's been a trend for a while...just not a very good one.

Actually, was New 52 Waller that bad? I forget.

Extraordinary Member

Well, it's nice to have C and D-listers get love again and just seeing these creators get new work is a good sign in my opinion .

Especially Taylor.

I know it's been a trend for a while...just not a very good one.

Actually, was New 52 Waller that bad? I forget.
    Waller been treating her inmate’s inhumane throughout the new 52. She was slightly more sentimental in her supermodel phase but still cruel

Bad Guy Amanda Waller's an editorial thing??? she's like that in every book i think right?

Guys like Jeff Parker, John Layman, and Sam Humphries should be getting offered the main books instead of toiling away on backups. Really hope DC has some big announcements coming because right now I’m already trimming my reading list and nothing new is being added.
    Parker at least has a mini.

From what I saw Hawkgirl fans aren't very happy about the love she is getting.

From what I saw Hawkgirl fans aren't very happy about the love she is getting.[/QUOTE]

Hawkgirl and the Fire and Ice minis are two of the most disappointing books I’ve ever read. Dreadful.

Quote Originally Posted by hotroddii View Post
    Hawkgirl and the Fire and Ice minis are two of the most disappointing books I’ve ever read. Dreadful.
    While I wouldn't go that far, I was happy to see both books on the stands but dropped them both after a couple issues. Not fun or funny to me. I think "Steel" benefitted because I was on the bubble with that, but after dropping the other two I decided to stick with it.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Neither are Fire and Ice or Power Girl fans.

Yeah, those are both getting complaints that the leads are out of character. Fire acting like an amateur, Ice seeking Superman's approval, Power Girl working as a journalist instead of a CEO and changing her secret identity (never mind that such a thing actually makes sense due to JSA saying PG's been around since the 1970s - how would she explain Karen Starr looking so young when she should be in her 70s? The new Paige Stetler identity was necessary for that reason).

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Isn't that mostly because the book seems to be focusing as much on the writer's OC Galaxy (Jadzia Axelrod wrote her OGN) as it does on Kendra?
    Last edited by Digifiend; 12-17-2023 at 11:10 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Isn't that mostly because the book seems to be focusing as much on the writer's OC Galaxy (Jadzia Axelrod wrote her OGN) as it does on Kendra?
    Some of the Kendra stuff isn't great either like re-writing her relationships or opinion of herself.

Some of the Kendra stuff isn't great either like re-writing her relationships or opinion of herself.
    Yes- sometimes "back to basics" is a good thing, but not when it wipes out a character's growth to saddle them with issues they already moved past.