Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Laser_Man View Post
    As expected, Superman: Space Age was just Russell's audition for writing a Batman book, which is why Space Age felt like a Superman/Batman team up story where Batman was basically the co-lead.

I doubt we will be seeing Superman in this story though.
    God. Batman was in that book WAY too much. He was Lex's nemesis.
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member

BATMAN: DARK AGE #3
    Written by MARK RUSSELL
    Art and cover by MIKE ALLRED
    Variant cover by KEVIN NOWLAN
    1:25 variant cover by STEVE LIEBER
    $5.99 US | 48 pages | 3 of 6 | Variant $6.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 5/28/24

A Robin rises from the ashes! Bruce Wayne discovers he may wield more power without a mask as he reenters society to rave reviews. But when an ambitious Carmine Falcone takes over Gotham with the help of his False Face Society, Batman realizes the only way to win the war is with allies. Will the next generation be up to the task? Or is Gotham doomed to continue living in this dark age?

Interested to see Russel's take on Robin.

https://www.gamesradar.com/what-woul...that-question/

It reminds me of Zdarsky's look at Spider-Man through the decades.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-04-2024 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post

Wow, Martha Wayne is gorgeous.

So here a specific gang killed the Waynes? Was Bruce even there? He's not on the preview art unless he's watching it unfold.

We've young Bruce, Bruce in his prime, and old Bruce.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post

Yeah, it's like Spider-Man: Life Story.
    I've always wanted to see the similar approach from DC, it's really a nice concept for Black Label titles.

Fantastic Member

I'm guessing this one will go from the 40's to the 60's as opposed to Superman's 60s-80s timeline.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lalalei2001 View Post
    I'm guessing this one will go from the 40's to the 60's as opposed to Superman's 60s-80s timeline.
    Nah, one of the preview images shows a poster of the World's Fair 1956 above Bruce's bedroom as a kid.

My guess is that the main timeline will be 60's-80's (or maybe just focused on the 60's), with the Wayne's being murdered in the 50's.

Its essentially a take on the Silver/Bronze Age Batman, much like Space Age was for the Silver/Bronze Age Superman.

Extraordinary Member

Batman: Dark Age #1 Preview
    Writer: Mark Russell
    Artist: Michael Allred

It's not Batman's fault that guy got hit by a train .

Fantastic Member

Solicits are out for all 3 books.

1: spoilers:
    Meet Bruce Wayne, Gotham’s favorite delinquent son. In an origin story like no other, witness the boy become a dark knight shaped by a city in turmoil as it marches towards its prophesied doom. Set against the backdrop of actual historical events, Gotham comes alive, filled with the iconic characters who've loved and hated Batman over the years like you've never seen them before. Spinning out of the Eisner-nominated Superman: Space Age, Mark Russell and Mike Allred return to give audiences a look at Batman as a figure in American history fighting for justice in a world gone mad
    end of spoilers

2: spoilers:
    Guilty as charged! When a young and aimless Bruce Wayne finds himself incarcerated, he looks for a way to shorten his sentence and return to his charmed lifestyle. Little does he know, signing up for a tour with the army in Vietnam will change him forever. Witness the birth of the Bat under the watchful eye of the one-and-only Sergeant Ra's al Ghul!
    end of spoilers

3: spoilers:
    A Robin rises from the ashes! Bruce Wayne discovers he may wield more power without a mask as he reenters society to rave reviews. But when an ambitious Carmine Falcone takes over Gotham with the help of his False Face Society, Batman realizes the only way to win the war is with allies. Will the next generation be up to the task? Or is Gotham doomed to continue living in this dark age?
    end of spoilers

It has an interesting take on Bruce as a wayward teen and echoes Batman begins.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

While I loved the art on Batman: Dark Age...the story? I'm not sure what that was. It started out as a sort of twisted take on Bruce's upbringing after his parents death and then Pariah took over Wayne Enterprises for some reason. Superman: Space Age was certainly weird but it was comprehensible while this was...less so.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Russel basically repeated himself from a story he wrote in those Walmart Batman stories with Bruce and Selina first meeting after getting arrested. Only this time Selina's the only one that escapes her cuffs instead of the both of them.

https://www.cbr.com/batman-dark-age-...ell-interview/

New interview with Mark Russell about the series.

EDIT- I'm curious what his take on the Outsiders would be.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 04-12-2024 at 05:14 AM.