Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Batman/Dylan Dog by ROBERTO RECCHIONI and GIGI CAVENAGO/WERTHER DELL’EDERA

BATMAN/DYLAN DOG #1
    Written by ROBERTO RECCHIONI
    Art by GIGI CAVENAGO and WERTHER DELL’EDERA
    Cover by GIGI CAVENAGO
    Variant cover by GIGI CAVENAGO
    1:25 variant cover by GIGI CAVENAGO
    $4.99 US | 88 pages | 1 of 3 | Variant $5.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 3/12/24

See how the fates of Batman and Dylan Dog intertwined in the past through their lethal nemeses: The Joker, the Clown Prince of Crime of Gotham City, and Professor Xabaras, a mad genius with a taste for bringing the dead back to life!

Joker is in London to seal a hellish pact with Dylan Dog’s nemesis, the Mephistophelian Xabaras! The doorbell of Craven Road No. 7 screams, and beyond the doorway Bruce Wayne appears. For the Nightmare Investigator, an incredible adventure begins side by side with the Dark Knight. They’ll have to forge an uneasy alliance, putting aside their differences in order to successfully confront and defeat an evil that comes from the past…

Extraordinary Member

Happy to see this getting an English release primarily because of the art - when the Italian release was announced back in 2019:

MILAN, ITALY AND BURBANK, CALIFORNIA (OCTOBER 24, 2019) - Sergio Bonelli Editore and DC, with RW Edizioni, are excited to announce an unprecedented new partnership to co-publish a limited series of history-making crossover comic books featuring characters from both the Bonelli Universe and DC's Super Hero universe: Dylan Dog and Batman, Xabaras and The Joker. The companies will unite to bring fans the epic first meetings of Italian and American pop culture icons in Lucca Comics and Games 2019.

Issue #0 of the crossover, titled "Relazioni pericolose" ("Dangerous liaisons"), script by Roberto Recchioni with art by Gigi Cavenago and Werther Dell'Edera, will focus on the characters of Dylan Dog and Batman, with villains Xabaras and The Joker and is scheduled for release at Lucca Comics and Games 2019. The companies are keeping 'Top Secret' the details about how they meet and the other characters who will meet in the three numbers limited series crossover projects that are planned to follow in fall 2020.

"Everyone at Sergio Bonelli Editore is thrilled to be part of an event of this magnitude", said SBE Editor in Chief Editorial Strategy, Michele Masiero. "Our creative imaginations have been racing since the moment this kicked off with our friends at DC and RW".

"We are proud to help make this historic project possible and to be part of it" said Pasquale Saviano, CEO of RW Edizioni. "We are looking forward to working with SBE and DC to bring Italian readers the most exciting stories that they never expected."

Masiero added, "We are looking forward to the moment when everyone will read this special issue, which will be available in Lucca with two different covers, one 'Heroes', and one 'Villains'".

Extraordinary Member

Extraordinary Member

That looks amazing and I don't even know what Dylan Dog is !

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I know, right?! I only know of him from the 1994 film version (LOL):

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Wow for that art. I'll definitely pick this up.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Extraordinary Member

BATMAN/DYLAN DOG #2
    Cover by GIGI CAVENAGO
    $4.99 US | 64 pages | 2 of 3 | Variant $5.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 4/16/24

The second issue of the bombastic team-up between DC’s Dark Knight and Sergio Bonelli’s Nightmare Investigator is here! Batman hunts through London to find any trace of the kidnapped Catwoman, and all of his clues are turning up smiles…while Dylan Dog must enlist the help of John Constantine to track down a serial killer…a serial killer he already put in the ground years before. Life is hell in more ways than one in this gargantuan issue that will bring you straight to hell (but will it take you back?).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Wow for that art. I'll definitely pick this up.
    What they said.

Do want!
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

Extraordinary Member

BATMAN/DYLAN DOG #3
    Cover by GIGI CAVENAGO
    $4.99 US | 64 pages | 3 of 3 | Variant $5.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 5/14/24

Merciless Christopher Killex is back from the grave and starts to fill Gotham City’s streets with blood and horror! Dylan Dog and Batman are faced with an unsolvable dilemma: whether to accept the help of The Joker, who could prove to be a key ally in catching the serial killer. But can they really trust him?

So confirmed DC characters:

- Batman

- Catwoman

- Joker

- Killer Croc

- Etrigan

- John Constantine.

Extraordinary Member

Batman/Dylan Dog #1 Preview
    Writer: Roberto Recchioni
    Artists: Gigi Cavenago and Werther Dell’Edera

Joker getting philosophical and shooting the messenger. Checks out.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

The art was the main selling point for me, I loved the atmosphere was just fantastic. The story itself was a little simplistic and reminded me of the crossovers from the 90's but it was fun none the less.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!