Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Should Captain Marvel be reimagined as a Star Trek series?

Imagine if Captain Marvel was re-imagined as a Star Trek series with Carol Danvers as Captain, Jessica Drew as Commander, Peter Parker and Hank McCoy as Bridge Officers commanding a Ship that's modeled after the USS Enterprise-D? Cool huh?

BANNED

I'm imagining that the USS Enterprise-D would also be in the configuration of a Hi-Tech Sopwith Camel
    Last edited by Micabe; 12-15-2023 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Imagine if Captain Marvel was re-imagined as a Star Trek series with Carol Danvers as Captain, Jessica Drew as Commander, Peter Parker and Hank McCoy as Bridge Officers commanding a Ship that's modeled after the USS Enterprise-D? Cool huh?
    I'd buy it. Higher, further, faster than any human has gone before.

I’d rather Mar-Vell be captain. Carol a Yeoman.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

When Marvel briefly had the Trek comics license again in the late 90s (With probably the Early Voyages comic-which seems to have a slight influence on Strange New Worlds with at least one or two references-being the highlight) they did three X-men crossovers.

One with TOS and two with TNG (one in novel form).

Although Carol was a supporting X-men character for a while-and Rogue had her persona for a few years-by that time she was pretty much back with the Avengers as warbird so I don't think she was in any of those. Could be wrong though.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    When Marvel briefly had the Trek comics license again in the late 90s (With probably the Early Voyages comic-which seems to have a slight influence on Strange New Worlds with at least one or two references-being the highlight) they did three X-men crossovers.

One with TOS and two with TNG (one in novel form).

Although Carol was a supporting X-men character for a while-and Rogue had her persona for a few years-by that time she was pretty much back with the Avengers as warbird so I don't think she was in any of those. Could be wrong though.
    Paramount Comics. Back when Dr. McCoy met Dr. McCoy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Paramount Comics. Back when Dr. McCoy met Dr. McCoy
    Would be interesting to see Hank McCoy's original human appearance once again. Perhaps Peter Parker could create a antidote that would turn The Beast back to his human form.

Haha, what a coincidence! They couldn't have known it back then, but Hank's dressed like both the Tenth Doctor and Phoenix Wright there!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Haha, what a coincidence! They couldn't have known it back then, but Hank's dressed like both the Tenth Doctor and Phoenix Wright there!
    It's my understanding that that Hank McCoy prefers his furry form. I'm pretty sure his reaction to somebody coming at him with an unsolicited "antidote," especially from somebody who spends virtually no time in the lab creating antidotes of any kind like Peter Parker, would be some higher class version of "Get the **** away from me with that ****!"

X-Factor did that early on, but it eventually turned Beast's intelligence down to near Savage Hulk levels.

There was also of course the time-lost Hank we had for a few years more recently.

The first class movies of course settled for both.

Astonishing Member

I do prefer characters than can transform back to human form. Hank was always one form or the other. Tigra, at times, can go back and forth. I'd love to see Hank gain that ability. Poor Ben Grimm, though, will probably always be locked in to his Thing form.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I do prefer characters than can transform back to human form. Hank was always one form or the other. Tigra, at times, can go back and forth. I'd love to see Hank gain that ability. Poor Ben Grimm, though, will probably always be locked in to his Thing form.
    I feel that Tigra and Greer Nelson are two separate personas. Just like Bruce Banner and The Hulk. I want to see Tigra get separated to two characters: Tigra(The Pharaoh) and The Cat(Greer Nelson).. I always hated Greer as Tigra. So much potential as The Cat wasted away due to mismanagement of the character...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    It's my understanding that that Hank McCoy prefers his furry form. I'm pretty sure his reaction to somebody coming at him with an unsolicited "antidote," especially from somebody who spends virtually no time in the lab creating antidotes of any kind like Peter Parker, would be some higher class version of "Get the **** away from me with that ****!"
    Peter Parker has helped The Lizard become Dr. Curt Conners many times over. Would be cool if he could do the same for The Beast. Those two have the potential to become fast friends. In some ways, Hank and Peter are like brothers.

Think they are resetting Hank but back to his 70s-90s Beast form and also with memories from an earlier time (Avengers era) since the current version is a mad scientist who will probably be killed off.

Although I think this might be because they want synergy with other media, the upcoming X-men 97 in particular. In the Krakoa era (But also going back to the "Last x-men" arc) The other X-men seem to have uniforms from a different era pretty much every week (and Cyclops is wearing his 90's outfit while held captive) but it's a bit different with Beast.

Does sort of have some unsettling connotations about the nature of some clones in the MU especially if they are intended to be the continuation of an existing character. There's the Krakoa ones of course, but also the ones made by Ben who survived Dead No More (Octopus, Conner's family etc.), Black Widow etc.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 12-16-2023 at 02:55 PM.

You could try it in the 6160 universe aka new ultimate universe.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-16-2023 at 06:39 PM.