Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

It probably is Circe unfortunately. Circe and Grail (and others like Ares) should not be people who Waller and the government should be able to send after Diana.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I really enjoyed the issue. We got Sovvy, Waller, Amazons, a little bit of everything.

Dianas entire time granting the boys last wish was great and could be made into an entire special and classic WW story.

We're assembling the villains and can't wait to see them.

I'd be somewhat surprised if Grail was the half-god since idk how she can be held by the government but maybe they'll just entice her with taking out WW. But we'll see.

I really hope we get a more vicious Cheetah. Time to put her back into the ranks of dangerous enemy.

Fantastic Member

I really hope we get Etta in this run

Very good issue. Oh boy! The way Daniel draws Diana and her smile towards Jack really warmed my heart.

Waller seems to be the only one taking Diana seriously. I’m glad they are pulling out this list finally.

It was nice seeing Artemis appear, but I thought she was still on the run somewhere? It was also nice to see Diana remind her sisters who can kick whose ass at the end of the day.

Great issue.

Back up issue could’ve been better. I do think Damian and Jon are getting too much page time.

Yeah...i need way less Jon/Damien and more Lizzie. They can babysit and still give her support from other heroes/ww fam.

But i did laugh at her taking the black mercy and her entire "perfect world"

Incredible Member

I really enjoyed this issue.

Even though they are basically just spin-offs of the WW costume.....he couldn't just rip off one of these, adjust a little and put Cassie in it? Did like the looks though

King continues to portray Diana as a rebel by having her now stand in opposition to the wishes of her fellow Amazons in order to do what she thinks is right, just like how she takes a stand against America. Heroes caring for sick kids is passé for me at this point, but Sampere’s art is soooooo good that the issue is still a treat. Damn I actually got hyped for the Wondy villain mentions, but now we need to see them King! Enough with the grunts and the basic weapons, let’s get the big guns. Two biggest omissions were Circe (which we know King plans to use) and Ares (who he may not touch since he says he wants to stay away from Greek gods drama). And hey at least he’s aware of Poison and Cyber even if they don’t seem to be in play here!

I like how in the backup the fantasy Amazons refer to Jon and Damian as the sons of their mothers, very fitting.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Didn't read the issue yet, but weren't the villains King mentioned in his interviews Circe, Psycho, Giganta, Silver Swan, Angle Man and Grail? Those seem to be the ones alluded to in this.

Interesting that Cheetah gets to make her own cameo appearance before the others, from the looks of it.

This was a good issue, I enjoyed the "which doctor, there's at least three?" joke.

Incredible Member

Looking at the solicitation for #6:

"Wonder Woman against her greatest foes! After thwarting each threat that the Sovereign has thrown at her, he decides to bring in the biggest guns the DCU has to offer. Let the battle royale begin! Plus, the Super Sons' bedtime story goes wrong!"

I'm assuming these foes will only show up for one or two issues - they are also alluded to in solicitation #5 - before they are defeated and bigger DCU foes enter the Wonder Woman book. I hope I'm wrong, but I also feel I'll keep my expectations in check until I'm hopefully proven wrong.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

This was a pretty good issue. A quiet, emotional, layered story that beauty-fully depicts exactly who Wonder Woman is but also just how powerful Old Man Kowalski is yet supremely flawed in his thinking and his actions.

He's clearly telling the long version story about how they got to be where they are...he's narrating what has already happened not what is happening...but that's the one thing I find just a little off-putting about this run so far...which begs the question: " What is Wonder Woman's status now?"

As a young boy myself, Wonder Woman/Lynda Carter from the TV Show and Superfriends and then later the comics, was my absolute favourite. Though my parents never indulged me...and my friends thought it funny...I still held tight to my adoration. I was Jack. Still am to a large extent. Now, I indulge myself...and my friends understand and have accepted my love for her.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 12-19-2023 at 02:42 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    This was a good issue, I enjoyed the "which doctor, there's at least three?" joke.

Dr. Cyber
    Dr. Domino
    Dr. Poison
    Dr. Psycho

and then there's others who don't often use their Doctor title like Veronica Cale.

I think the only way Waller would get Circe or Grail on her Suicide Squad is if she had something of value to offer them in exchange for their service. A brain bomb won't work on them. Circe would just magically destroy it and Grail's skin should be too invulnerable to be threatened by that.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Isn't Circe still trapped in that magic prison after Witching War? I really hope she's not part of this arc since she's above Waller's pay grade. Her return deserves its own arc.

I wish it was Doctor Poison instead of Doctor Psycho. We just had a ton of Psycho in the last run.

I'd love it if King uses Helen Alexandros as the Silver Swan instead of Vanessa, but I highly doubt it.

I still think the Charmer is going to be someone like Zara who is known for her persuasion or Hypnota who has literal charming powers. King also said there's some obscure villains showing up, and I don't think Giganta, Silver Swan, Angle Man, Doctor Psycho, or Grail are particularly obscure.

I also hope we don't see anymore Cheetah. That little cameo was fine, but King is very much on the "Cheetah is Diana's ally" camp which I'm vehemently not a part of.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Dr. Cyber
    Dr. Domino
    Dr. Poison
    Dr. Psycho

and then there's others who don't often use their Doctor title like Veronica Cale.
    Doctor Echo
    Doctor Domino
    Doctor Crawford
    Doctor Solano

Way more kings and queens in her rogues gallery than doctors, but it is funny yeah