The Pine Barrens NJ in Summer & Winter & Salem Mass. in Spring & Autumn

Default Avenger INC: Save it!!!!

I really like the concept of Avengers Inc & I am really ticked that they are cancelling it, with so much potential I can not fathom why Marvel is ending it after 5 issues. I just hope someone at Marvel does something to save it like add more characters 2 explore the mysteries of the Marvel multiverse
    Last edited by red winter; 12-16-2023 at 08:15 AM.
    Beware of spies traveling through your multiverse especially if they wear a 4

I liked the book but the mystery box angle feels finite. So making it a series of miniseries feels more practical.

I just hope they wrap it up well after five issues. Who is old man Hank? Is Dave Cannon Whirlwind dead? Will Vic Shade keep Whirlwind’s body and his powers if Cannon is dead. If not what happens to Shade? They should have made this another team Avenger book. A team of B listers. TBH I’d rather read that than the A lister book.

Mighty Member

I have 3 thoughts on Avengers, Inc.
    1) I think it is a title that exists because of Ewing. I don't believe it would ever continue if he left, and I don't think it would have existed if he wasn't writing it.
    2) I think if you're going to do a mystery/detective/pulp style Marvel book you might actually get more mileage without the Avengers name attached, because the Avengers name attracts Avengers readers and the Avengers readers expect Avengers stories, which these really aren't.
    3) But I don't think Marvel would ever seriously consider doing an ongoing mystery/detective/pulp style Marvel book these days, thus why I think A) It only exists because of Ewing and B) They leaned on the Avengers name to try to sell it.

Ultimately, my final thought is as it has always been. It is way better to do minis and then turn them into ongoings if they're successful than to tout something as an ongoing and then cancel it because it isn't selling. Back your play, or don't play is my opinion. If you aren't confident in it, stop pretending to be. Another option is to introduce more seasonal content like Milestone over at DC or Valiant when it was at the height of its powers. You essentially commit to a maxi series, and then you consider your options.

Ultimately, the frustration you feel is inevitable, and you are not alone as numerous people have been scorched in exactly the same way, and will be for the foreseeable future. I will always appreciate the occasional risks Marvel is willing to take, but how they navigate those risks consistently and inevitably leads to disappointment.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

While I am loving the series and would love to see it continue, I kind of agree that it might work better as a series of mini series. I do wish there had been some other characters added like Mockingbird or Tigra.
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    They should have made this another team Avenger book. A team of B listers. TBH I’d rather read that than the A lister book.
    I know, right?! Probably one of the few instances where A-list isn't really a demand...

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

I don't know if save the book is possible. If it was announced as a ongoing and then it was cancelled on the 5th issue when a 6th was announced, the sales had to be abysmal.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Not a big fan of Wasp, but I would like Jessica Jones to join the team along with Jessica Jones make it a Marvel version of Planetary where they investigate the secrets of the Marvel universe.
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

It's a shame but I'll take a great Ewing/Wasp story even if it's a mini any day.