Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Default Bleeding Cool: Marvel To Launch Weapon X-Men In March 2024

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/scoo...in-march-2024/

Bleeding Cool gets the word that Marvel Comics is to launch a new series, Weapon X-Men, in March 2024. A new take on the old Exiles series, it will see the Wolverine from the Age Of Apocalypse, you know, the one with the adamantium stump known as Weapon X, leading a team of other Wolverines from different realities, tracking down Onslaught across the Multiverse. And written by Christos Gage and drawn by Yildiray Cinar.
    • Marvel set to release Weapon X-Men comic in March 2024
    • Weapon X leads a team of Wolverines from multiple realities to battle Onslaught.
    • Christos Gage will be scripting with art by Yildiray Cinar.
    • Fans ponder which alternate Wolverines might join this multiverse adventure.

Sounds cools to me. Especially if Old Man Logan or some version of him is in this.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

The only way I COULD be interested is the inclusion of Major Howlett.

Since it’s led by AoA Wolverine, could this have been what that New X-men tease was about? It did use the AoA font. Perhaps that was the original name and they changed it?

And I’m betting we will get some Wolverine variants in this who aren’t Logan too. Like Laura.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Since it’s led by AoA Wolverine, could this have been what that New X-men tease was about? It did use the AoA font. Perhaps that was the original name and they changed it?

And I’m betting we will get some Wolverine variants in this who aren’t Logan too. Like Laura.
    Also does not get much more "X..." men than Weapon X.

Sounds like the easiest of passes.

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

Gage teased that whoever ends up in 616 will have an impact on the multiverse and spin off into a new book. So considering Gage is writing this book perhaps it's a version of Wolverine who will stay behind at the end of Original X-Men. He said it didn't have to be an O5 member after all.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I wonder if Gage is really passionate about this Multiverse stuff of it he gets typecast by editors LOL. Anyway he's a good writer paired up with a good artist and the book has a fun premise, so I'll definitely check it out.

Yeah, I’m betting it’ll be a fun multiversal romp, quite likely a mini series not an ongoing. To coincide with DP3 release this summer.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

And again...what does this WXM have to do with the End of this Krakoa Era and the fight with Orchis?

Sure a Wolverine led book featuring Wolverines will sell because...but really...Holy fucking cash-grab Batman!!! Who asked for that?

If this is true...it is BC after all...It's like they're insisting on spending time and money and pages plus the 101 variant covers on books and stories that are largely irrelevant to the current ongoing plot meanwhile vital stories that would make this "Endsong" truly sing are being completely overlooked in passing or ignored.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

It probably has nothing to do with it. If I had to guess.

I’ll buy it anyway. Sorry if it isn’t something you want. I also don’t like Diet Coke. So I don’t buy it. It’s cool with me that people do though. I will allow it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    The only way I COULD be interested is the inclusion of Major Howlett.
    Co-signed.

I enjoy Christos Gage's work, but this does not appeal to me at all. But yeah, General Howlett from X-TREME X-MEN would add some appeal for me.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Absolutely not. Not even if the first issue confirms that every version of Logan across the multiverse is queer via very explicit but tasteful art.

Please, god in heaven, no more multiverse/time-travel storylines anymore!!!!!!!

:-((((

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    And again...what does this WXM have to do with the End of this Krakoa Era and the fight with Orchis?

Sure a Wolverine led book featuring Wolverines will sell because...but really...Holy fucking cash-grab Batman!!! Who asked for that?

If this is true...it is BC after all...It's like they're insisting on spending time and money and pages plus the 101 variant covers on books and stories that are largely irrelevant to the current ongoing plot meanwhile vital stories that would make this "Endsong" truly sing are being completely overlooked in passing or ignored.
    The actual X-Men story that is happening in the 616 has no relevance here because the current titles have just entered the lame duck period.

It's a Wolverine book coming out during the same time as the new Deadpool movie, we are gonna see a glut of Wolvie content.

Also; Gage writes a ton of minis for various titles, I remember him writing so many during Slott's ASM era; so it's par for the course.