Mighty Member

Default state of the MCU and DCU

I think it's in good shape all things considered. The last 3 years with pandemics and writer/actors strikes I think were the main fault not the fact that at the start of 2021 so many series were being released together. I think the talk of fatigue is overrated. Disney+ had just launched and they needed to draw subscribers. So I get it. Imagine if no covid had happened and D+ plus Black Widow would have launched and that wave from Endgame would have continued at least a little longer. I think now they're seeing what Gunn is doing separating his universe and the Elseworlds titles so that if one doesn't want to follow the continuity they have that to go to. Marvel Spotlight is a great name much better than what Werewolf By Night was. I think they're trying to set up something similar to comics in that one doesn't have to watch everything and if you want to follow the main story, your favorite team or character you know where to go. I think it should have been set up that way from the D+ launch. I think once one gets to Endgame the viewer is conditioned to look for that next link in the story chain and that's been part of the problem for the last couple years. Like, where's Moon Knight? Where's Shang-Chi? What's Bruce Banner up to? I think next year with the next few releases there'll hopefully start to be some more cohesion and both DC and Marvel will be in good spots. DCU is the opposite where viewers have been conditioned not to care about continuity and now they'll have a continuity area to go to with movies/tv where one wasn't available before.

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    I think it's in good shape all things considered. The last 3 years with pandemics and writer/actors strikes I think were the main fault not the fact that at the start of 2021 so many series were being released together. I think the talk of fatigue is overrated. Disney+ had just launched and they needed to draw subscribers. So I get it. Imagine if no covid had happened and D+ plus Black Widow would have launched and that wave from Endgame would have continued at least a little longer. I think now they're seeing what Gunn is doing separating his universe and the Elseworlds titles so that if one doesn't want to follow the continuity they have that to go to. Marvel Spotlight is a great name much better than what Werewolf By Night was. I think they're trying to set up something similar to comics in that one doesn't have to watch everything and if you want to follow the main story, your favorite team or character you know where to go. I think it should have been set up that way from the D+ launch. I think once one gets to Endgame the viewer is conditioned to look for that next link in the story chain and that's been part of the problem for the last couple years. Like, where's Moon Knight? Where's Shang-Chi? What's Bruce Banner up to? I think next year with the next few releases there'll hopefully start to be some more cohesion and both DC and Marvel will be in good spots. DCU is the opposite where viewers have been conditioned not to care about continuity and now they'll have a continuity area to go to with movies/tv where one wasn't available before.
    DC has to take over Marvel now or they never will.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    DC has to take over Marvel now or they never will.
    No they don't. All DC has to do it turn out good stories and profitable movies. There is no DC vs Marvel. That is all Fan Boi speak.

The MCU and DCU need to use paragraphs or audiences will turn away.

Extraordinary Member

Here is a video talking about a forbes article about the mcu recently.

The MCU is NOT in Shambles Says FORBS

Here is the article a few weeks ago from forbes talking about the current mcu.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/markhug...h=3c60f69011df