Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Krakoan Era Hits

In opposition to the KRAKOAN ERA MISSED OPPORTUNITIES thread, list what your think were the greatest feats of the Krakoan Era!

The Five and Resurrection

Wanda no longer the enemy

Return of John Proudstar

Return of Synch

Return of original Hellions

Return of Jumbo Carnation

The Galas

Firestar's storyline

Justice in an X-book

Kwannon's role on Krakoa and in the X-books

The return of Eye-Scream, Wicked, Icarus, Thumbelina, Alchemist

The Crucible: Aero getting repowered, Callisto getting repowered

Hellions mini-series

Sabretooth and The Exiles

Nekra in an X-book

Typhoid Mary in an X-book

Stich in an X-book

Alpha Flight

Return of Lourdes Chantel

Solarr in an X-Book (616)
    Last edited by danielsan52; 12-19-2023 at 08:20 AM.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

So many! I've loved this era. What stands out the most:

1. The Resurrection Protocols
    2. The Waiting Room
    3. The Crucible
    4. The Five
    5. Mutant Circuits
    6. Al Ewing on X-Books
    7. Synch
    8. Kwannon
    9. Exodus
    10. Madelyne
    11. Subverting Scott/Jean/Logan's forever love triangle into something sexy and fun
    12. The Retcons to Moira (Until Hickman left and they turned her into a mustache-twirling, nonsensical, one-note mess)
    13. The return of the Unity Squad
    14. Wiz Kid
    15. Kieron Gillen back on X-Books
    16. Victor LaValle showing you what happens when you actually let a persecuted minority write X-Men
    17. Jean + The Phoenix
    18. Storm

I'll vigorously echo danielsan52 & davetvs sentiments and just add: The way this era worked some SERIOUS mutant magic elevating characters I'd been previously ambivalent about as well as how effectively these creatives managed to create a completely new society of mutants with the Arakki and make SO MANY OF US fall hopelessly in love with them. Talk about a shock to the heart!
    Getting me to fall in love with folks like Exodus and Destiny (just two examples) is incredible but to introduce new characters on this remarkably grand scale and have them mean so much to the narrative and have them feel so fully realized and whole is truly insane, and if I'd been warned at the onset of Krakoa that I'd be this invested in a completely fresh society of mutants I've never met before I would have called foul and argued there are already so many characters worthy of panel time and elevation and attention that finding room in my heart for NEW folks is implausible but HERE WE ARE.

Krakoa has been a gift, through and through, and we know that every fan has what feels like "THEIR" era of X-Men and at this point in my life, Krakoa is definitely mine.

Oh man, I really have to give this one some thought because there's a lot! Thanks for starting the thread, danielsan52.

Resurrection brought so many characters back that can be used in the future. Love that. It also of course returned characters to us that have since climbed the ranks and have allowed new readers to be exposed to them. Synch and Destiny come to mind first and foremost. The return of Synch was one of the happiest moments for me.

Betsy reconnecting with her family, her Otherworld connection, and experiencing the love from her fans from her modeling days again. With Rachel I'm happy she's been reestablished as Askani and of course now and finally canonically queer.

Storm. Everything that's been done with her this era has been fantastic.

Emma Frost. For a long time I did not like the character to be honest. Krakoa and all she's done for it has put her in my top 5. I'm a frostie.

I'll come back to this thread later because I'm a big fan of celebrating that which I love. But I must second what dear Fokken has said regarding the Arakkii. It takes me a while to warm up to new characters and the Arakkii have won my heart. I'm so glad the new X-Men Unlimited story will explore them further as I just want to learn more and more.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

X-men green. Yes it was a mess but it was such a monstrosity it looped around to being fun

Is this hits in terms of what you liked personally or sales hits? Because as much as people hate on Percy, his books were I think the most consistent sellers throughout the entire era.

EDIT---Nevermind. Just saw in the original post where the word "feats" was used. So clearly not sales hits, rather what hit with you as a reader.

For me it was Exodus' zealotry when it comes to his new messiah, Hope. Really enjoyed that dynamic a lot.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Oh course, HoX PoX was a big big hit. Big retcons and concepts, wonderful art, it was fabulous.

The first Gala and the anticipation with the looks being revealed, and of course Giant Size. Dauterman getting more work is always wonderful.

Arakko ended up being really fun and Ewin elevated hit.

Of course the Rez protocols, and every dead mutants being up for grabs again.

Loved the Apocalypse/Revelation arc. The use of many villains was really fun. Exodus, Mystique and Destiny in particular, but I actually enjoyed Nova and Sinister (up to a certain point).

Al Ewing + Storm.

Also Tom Muller's work as graphic designer (of X).

https://hellomuller.tumblr.com/tagged/Marvel%20Comics

Oh I know it's not Krakoa specific, but I liked most Unlimited stories. Even Green was fun.

Appreciate everything mentioned so far. Wanted to add:

• The fan-vote! I ultimately think this was a really great thing Marvel Comics did, and hope it leads to amazing things for the three fan-vote winners in the future, despite not hitting the mark with the first one, imo - I appreciated all the exposure, but there wasn't a lot that the fan vote was really driving with Polaris, and so far with Juggernaut. However, it was really exciting, and gave fans a lot to anticipate with it wrapped around the Hellfire gala.
    • Krakoa itself
    • Arakko and some of the great new characters introduced, like Genesis and Isca
    • While I wish resurrections weren't QUITE as simple as they've been portrayed, I really loved the resurrections that have made great impact for one reason or another:
      • Moira
      • Synch
      • Destiny
      • Madelyne Pryor
      • Shadowcat
      • X-23 / Talon
      • Hope
      • Aero (for the moment itself, but I do think it could've been far more impactful with a character with higher IP)
      • Scarlet Witch
      • Captain America
    Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Magnetrix and the MII, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, the Krakoan Oracle and creator of the Sanctus Sacrum Tournament Key, the Threshold Seed Shaper, Brood Queen of the Fall of the House of X, Lorna Sally Dane, Ph.D., of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men

Nova hanging with the X-Men! I'm not sure where else I would have seen him if he hadn't appeared during this era.

I think they should do a fan vote for Unlimited X-Men story arcs. Like which one of these less spotlighted characters would you like to see in Unlimited X-Men.
    Last edited by CGAR; 12-18-2023 at 11:20 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Duggan giving us the Planet Sized X-Men: The Terraformation of Mars into Arakko.
    Followed by Lord Ewing and his Arakkii plus all the mutants and Craig of NASA who were integral parts there-of.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Ultimate Member

Nanny, Greycrow, Kwannon and Orphan-Maker in Hellions. Wow. Even Tarn and his Vile were creepy cool. But mostly Nanny. Seeing her break a bottle and go after Sinister had me in stitches. Seeing Kwannon punch Sinister at the Quiet Council, Sinister demanding justice, and Charles and Exodus being all 'Meh, I'll allow it. Hit him again!'

That X-Factor run with Northstar, and folks like Prodigy and Eye-Boy getting some attention. Aurora is rebooted with her old mutant powers and not her tweaked 'no longer a mutant' powers. Polaris has some sort of quiet rapprochement with Krakoa itself, after blasting him into space all those years ago.

Proteus got not nearly enough chance to shine, particularly in an era so specifically tailored around *his mom,* IMO, but he frikking existed, and that was great.

Goldballs taken seriously!

Wind-Dancer repowered! (And folks like Hellion at least get a speaking line.)

Magneto ganks Tarn!

Sunspot and Nova (and Kobak Never-Held) hot tub bromance!

Nekra rocks out loud, and somehow becomes one of those favorite things I never knew I wanted.

Wiz Kid gets a chance to shine.

Magneto enthusiastically greets Peeper, and Peeper gets to interrupt the Quiet Council to add to the humiliation of Fabian Cortez. Ha! Glorious!

Shadow King is extracted from Amahl Farouk.

Karma's brother Tran is finally freed from his prison in her mind, and given a chance to do things better.

Manifold is a non-Omega, but who needs that **** anyway, badass.