Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Weapon X-Men #1 (cover and release date)

I'm ready.

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Oh wow jean being a supportive character in another Wolverine focused story. Color me surprised

Astonishing Member

Woman with 3 blades, so either the AOA version of X-23 or a female variant of Logan himself?

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Woman with 3 blades, so either the AOA version of X-23 or a female variant of Logan himself?
    Maybe kitty. She had claws in AoA

FYI: This is a continuation of The Original X-Men (2023), which drops this week. As far as Jean is concerned, I have a feeling Simonson, Gillen, and Gage’s individual work with her will converge here before concluding in Gillen’s X-Men Forever (2024). And I think it'll result with Jean retaining Phoenix in the new era. We’ll see.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    FYI: This is a continuation of The Original X-Men (2023), which drops this week.
    Oh, I wasn't planning on putting OG X-Men on my pull list. I guess now I have a reason to.
    Last edited by MVComics; 12-18-2023 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I'm ready.

Me too! LFG!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MVComics View Post
    Oh, I wasn't planning on putting OG X-Men on my pull list. I guess now I have a reason to.
    Just ordered it on ComiXology.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Breevoort said let the oversaturation of Wolverine commence

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    It’s Jane Howlett

I wouldn’t blame Brevoort for that. More like “it’s his 50th anniversary and he has a massive movie coming out, so we are a business and would like to capitalize on that as best we can.” I think pretty much any editor would be in that boat honestly.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Astonishing Member

Anyone else get a bad feeling were going to be getting the most watered down brand safe books for the breecoort era ?

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Mysterious foe that even Phoenix is scared of so they send wolverines? Is it a joke?

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Well, Onslaught did choke out Jean's phoenix raptor in X-Men #53. So it could make sense that she would be intimidated by him.

But surely, Jean's omega level psychic powers plus the Phoenix Force would be more powerful than Onslaught?

Jane Howlett of Earth-1281. Interesting.
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...yildiray-cinar

Written by Christos Gage and drawn by Yildiray Çinar, this four-issue epic will star Wolverines from fan-favorite Marvel realities like Age of Apocalypse, Earth X, and Marvel Zombies, plus an all-new Wolverine hero named Jane Howlett.

The action-packed saga will spin directly out of Gage and Greg Land’s ORIGINAL X-MEN #1, which hits stands this Wednesday. In the special anniversary one-shot, readers will witness the Phoenix recruit the Professor X’s original five students to fix yet another time-displaced disaster. But now the threat is deadlier than ever… and it’s time to call in the X-Men's big gun.

Afterwards, a Multiverse of Logans bands together! He’s the best there is at what he does, in every universe he does it in... and this job is too big for just one of him. Wolverines from across the Multiverse converge to take on a foe even the Phoenix fears! But with friends like Old Man Logan, Age of Apocalypse Wolverine, Zombie Wolverine, Earth X Wolverine, and newcomer Jane Howlett of Earth-1281, who needs enemies?

"Getting a chance to continue to explore the Marvel Multiverse in the pages of WEAPON X-MEN with the amazing Yildiray Çinar is the perfect Christmas gift!" Gage shared. "A team of nothing but Wolverines...one of whom, Jane Howlett, has never been seen before? Against a threat from the pages of Original X-Men? With Yildiray Çinar, whose character acting is as brilliant as his action scenes and who has a George Perez-level of skill with crowds? Moving from one alternate Earth to another? Sign me up! We are packing a TON of action, story, character moments, pathos, and sometimes literally earth-shattering moments into these four issues, so don't miss it!"
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!