Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I thought Jane Howlett was Deathstrike for a second there. Although maybe I should've seen how it looks more like an adult version of Laura.

I guess Jean brings everyone together. In case anyone thought we were done with the JeanxLogan ship .

I don't think I am interested in alternate realities. Also you all guys jumping on Wolverine hate train at any moment of opportunity. Logan is already having minis left and right with Predator, Ghost Rider and now Weapon X-Men. Whats the special occasion for criticising this book anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I guess Jean brings everyone together. In case anyone thought we were done with the JeanxLogan ship .
    Not sure I care. Its a f@# alternate reality. This will quickly forgotten

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

I'll read this for Jean's appearance and because I like Jean and Logan's deep friendship and sometimes lover status.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    *Looks at the lackluster performance of most of their minis*

Can you really blame them?
    I would say they should invest in good stories to improve sales.
    But then I remembered Duggan's X-men and Percy's X-force/Wolverine are the best-selling comics nowadays.

I am generally always excited for a new Exiles style series but choices have been made. It doesn't sound completely awful depending how it's handled. Gage is hit and miss for me.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Hoping there will be some cool variant covers featuring Weapon X and Old Man Logan. Love those two Wolverine variants the most.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Hoping there will be some cool variant covers featuring Weapon X and Old Man Logan. Love those two Wolverine variants the most.
    You like alternate realities too much dude. That not healthy. If you know what i mean.

Speaking about Wolverine. I am pleasantly surprised that you didn't said anything about the leaks. Have you seen them?

The entire 616 is an alternate reality. In that it doesn't exist, and is separate from the reality we live in. So it's really not a stretch to enjoy other, fictional alternate realities in a vast multiverse of realities. I suppose I just don't like to limit myself or my enjoyment to one narrow fictional reality. *shrugs*

And, yeah, I just looked up the leaks. Looks awesome to me. Oh, and by the way, the Wolverine game is also yet another fictional alternate reality. In that it's not in the same 616 universe as the comics, rather it's set in the same reality as the Insomniac Spider-man games. I'm looking forward to exploring that one too.

I have my heartbroken when AOA universe got killed uselessly without AOA Jean even having to say a proper goodbye to Logan. All in all what i am trying to say is that these alternate realities are quickly forgotten unless some notable writer pounce back on them but usually these doesn't turn out good. Like Hickman's Ultimates because Ultimate universe was also dead like all these other universes (like AoA or OML) which are mentioned here.

I would argue that they're not quickly forgotten, considering how many times they've revisited the AoA or Old Man Logan's Wastelands. Or the DoFP timeline. The good alt u stories tend to get revisited again and again. Some of the crummy ones? Sure. They're dead and buried.

And I agree re: Logan and Jean's romance in AoA. Loved it, and hated that it ended kind of abruptly and with no closure there. But 616 Logan did get to see AoA Jean, during Remender's Uncanny X-Force run and the Dark Angel Saga. That was fun IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Keno View Post
    You like alternate realities too much dude. That not healthy. If you know what i mean.
    I''m really envious of Wolverine fans - they always get plenty of content with the man and also his alternate versions get attention too.
    I fail to be be happy for you though (as fan of characters who don't get much attention, it is hard to cheer when it's announced a title that features only Wolverine(s). Sorry.
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

I would argue that they're not quickly forgotten, considering how many times they've revisited the AoA or Old Man Logan's Wastelands. Or the DoFP timeline. The good alt u stories tend to get revisited again and again. Some of the crummy ones? Sure. They're dead and buried.
    They usually get watered down and they become more irelevant. When Uncanny X-Force reintroduced AOA it became so good. But when Ultimates was reintroduced it wasnt as good as it was suppose to be. Even with Spidey fans rejuventing with their favorite couple with such a good creative team weren't too happy knowing they aren't going to get what they want in 616.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Should've brought Wild Thing back.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Should've brought Wild Thing back.
    Another unused and waste character that had potential to be Elektra and Logan's legacy.