Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

To be fair I was reading and enjoying that book, but dropped it when the characters I care about got shelved for a bunch of Arakki mutants I had no investment in personally. So I made that point, and peaced out on XMR. Didn’t bash it, or anyone else for sticking with it. Nor did I shit on the characters I thought were shitty or undeserving of the spotlight.

I guess I just have to remember that the majority on here is the minority in the real world, and take solace in the fact that this will sell fine despite all the folks dropping by just to voice their displeasure. And since next year is his 50th anniversary and he has a huge movie coming out, I am definitely going to need to learn to just ignore all the hate. It’ll be intense on these forums and Reddit for sure.

Moving on, I just bought some collections of Greg Pak’s Weapon X on ComiXology and am going to re-read those in collected form. Since A) it features Old Man Logan (my fave variant), and B) has Yilidray Cinar on art duties for some of it, and he’s the artist on this series. Figure I’ll just support Wolverine content with my $$$ like the rest of the silent majority.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 12-19-2023 at 06:23 PM.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    But whatever. People are gonna whine and bitch, and Marvel is still going to make stuff that I enjoy. And I'm going to buy it. So you are right about that. I guess I'll drop it and let people do what makes them happy, even if that's pissing on other people's enjoyment of things (in threads about books they have no interest in).
    *points to the Original X-Men thread*. We Warren fans basically got not Warren in three years and the moment a title with him is announced it's two pages of discussion half of which is a "we don't need this / the premise is idiotic". Also any time an O5 project is hinted or announced we get people coming saying "we don't need that! Who cares for the O5". . I thus thought it was fine with people expressing even their disappointment in announcement threads (definitely not in preview-reviews threads!).
    Anyway. Forgive me if I somehow annoyed or pissed off someone with my post. Gonna drop off this thread now.
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Keno View Post
    I only refuted to the statement that you literally gave before. Enjoyment is different thing alltogether.
    Yeah i should have emphasized the "this much". I don't dislike Logan XD. I'm just miffed General Howlett is not there I guess

Sorry for the negativity guys. But please go complain about the one gay lead mini we got at least it would be active and maybe reach a second page XD
    Last edited by Nicoclaws; 12-20-2023 at 12:56 AM.

I'm a fairly big Wolverine fan, so I have no problem with him getting the spotlight, but I am getting a bit tired of stories where a bunch of alternate reality versions of the same guy tea up.

We've had a Spider-verse, Venom-verse, Miles Morales-verse, Jessica Jones-verse, Captain America-verse, probabaly a few others I'm forgetting about ... the novelty has worn off.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Yeah i should have emphasized the "this much". I don't dislike Logan XD. I'm just miffed General Howlett is not there I guess

Sorry for the negativity guys. But please go complain about the one gay lead mini we got at least it would be active and maybe reach a second page XD
    Damn. Didn't think about that. Ha. For the record, I like Bobby. But happy to bump his thread with some negativity if it would help.

Also, I just read Original X-men #1. It was dumb, and the ending which sets this up even more nonsensical. It's like someone wrote it on acid. But I don't care. Weapon X-men will be a meaningless dumb mini featuring my two favorite alt Wolverines (Weapon X and OML), so I'm in. In the grand scheme of things, it's only four issues so really harmless.

For you, Nicoclaws. I’m not going to be a dick and go into the Astonishing Iceman thread to complain about him getting another mini and cast aspersions on the fans who might be asking for that, so instead I’ll just post it here (in somewhat passive aggressive fashion)…

More Iceman And A New Doctor Strange For 2024 – Here Are The Receipts
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/new-...-the-receipts/

… congrats to Bobby’s fans! I’m truly happy for you guys, and hope you enjoy it and more people buy it. Sincerely.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 12-20-2023 at 09:16 AM.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

For you, Nicoclaws. I’m not going to be a dick and go into the Astonishing Iceman thread to complain about him getting another mini and cast aspersions on the fans who might be asking for that, so instead I’ll just post it here (in somewhat passive aggressive fashion)…

… congrats to Bobby’s fans! I’m truly happy for you guys, and hope you enjoy it and more people buy it. Sincerely.
    Eh, that doesn't really seem to suggest a new solo book to me. I haven't read the final issue of his current mini, but it sounds like he will appear to die and they are just assuring fans that "he will return". If it is a new solo book and it's still Orlando writing, they can keep it. That mini has been super bland and disappointing, if you did enter those threads to complain, you would certainly not be the only one doing so.

Also this is a book announcement thread, people jumping in to give their two cents should be expected, the same way they did for the slate of current mini series when they were announced. Hopefully it won't continue into this book's review threads.

On topic: What do we think the chances are that Jane Howlett is trans? Because right now that's the only thing that I think could distinguish her from similar "what if Wolverine, but boobs!" characters.

Yeah, not that interested in Jane Howlett personally. I get that she's the first true female version of James Howlett, aka Logan. But that in and of itself isn't much of a draw. For me it's AoA Weapon X and Old Man Logan. As someone who never read Earth X, I suppose I'm also interested in that version. But he kind of sounds like a joke from what I've seen posted in this thread. So am expecting him to be more the comic relief.

I love Logan and this looks fun, so I’ll give the first issue a go at least.
    "When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — No, you move."

Mighty Member

I'm genuinely confused by the Marvel community sometimes. this is clearly not a Logan centric reason for this book, so to hear people angry saying Marvel is pushing Logan has to be a troll. No way at this point can any Marvel fan not see the reason for this book. Especially since its literally more likely you will see this story than any other story in Disney Marvel story. The clear reason for this comic is to introduce variants so people stop associating Logan as the true Wolverine. This is the Disney formula. Logan is there for nostalgia but the actual reason for it is to introduce Jane Howlett and push her more because Jane Howlett can be the Wolverine in the female focused Xmen movies. That's it. That's the only reason this book was green lit.. And I just get frustrated when I hear people trashing Logan for being "the star of yet another book". Especially since the point of the book is to start ending Logan's story as the main wolverine over the next few years. This is the same thing they are doing with Miles Morales, what they did with Obi Wan and heck I guarantee it's the story you are going to see in the new Echo tv show where Kingpin is probably there to pass the torch to Echo.

I'm sorry I know it's not the point but I'm just bothered at seeing people always fall into this trap of trashing a book for having a legacy character lead when the truth is the book is about stopping you from being so attached to Logan.

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    I'm genuinely confused by the Marvel community sometimes. this is clearly not a Logan centric reason for this book, so to hear people angry saying Marvel is pushing Logan has to be a troll. No way at this point can any Marvel fan not see the reason for this book. Especially since its literally more likely you will see this story than any other story in Disney Marvel story. The clear reason for this comic is to introduce variants so people stop associating Logan as the true Wolverine. This is the Disney formula. Logan is there for nostalgia but the actual reason for it is to introduce Jane Howlett and push her more because Jane Howlett can be the Wolverine in the female focused Xmen movies. That's it. That's the only reason this book was green lit.. And I just get frustrated when I hear people trashing Logan for being "the star of yet another book". Especially since the point of the book is to start ending Logan's story as the main wolverine over the next few years. This is the same thing they are doing with Miles Morales, what they did with Obi Wan and heck I guarantee it's the story you are going to see in the new Echo tv show where Kingpin is probably there to pass the torch to Echo.

I'm sorry I know it's not the point but I'm just bothered at seeing people always fall into this trap of trashing a book for having a legacy character lead when the truth is the book is about stopping you from being so attached to Logan.
    Guarantee Jane Howlett will not be the Wolverine in thr MCU X-men series.

Even less excited about this now after seeing its a spinoff of Original Xmen

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Frankly, I really didn't read "Iceman will return" as "We'll make another Iceman miniseries", but more like a nod to say Iceman the character will resurface in the pages of one of the other X-books.

To be fair I was reading and enjoying that book, but dropped it when the characters I care about got shelved for a bunch of Arakki mutants I had no investment in personally. So I made that point, and peaced out on XMR. Didn’t bash it, or anyone else for sticking with it. Nor did I shit on the characters I thought were shitty or undeserving of the spotlight.

I guess I just have to remember that the majority on here is the minority in the real world, and take solace in the fact that this will sell fine despite all the folks dropping by just to voice their displeasure. And since next year is his 50th anniversary and he has a huge movie coming out, I am definitely going to need to learn to just ignore all the hate. It’ll be intense on these forums and Reddit for sure.

Moving on, I just bought some collections of Greg Pak’s Weapon X on ComiXology and am going to re-read those in collected form. Since A) it features Old Man Logan (my fave variant), and B) has Yilidray Cinar on art duties for some of it, and he’s the artist on this series. Figure I’ll just support Wolverine content with my $$$ like the rest of the silent majority.
    i like this statement can i quote you?

also question on Onslaught he does have Magento powers no? If yes then isnt this a horrible matchup for the Wolverines?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Damn. Didn't think about that. Ha. For the record, I like Bobby. But happy to bump his thread with some negativity if it would help.

Also, I just read Original X-men #1. It was dumb, and the ending which sets this up even more nonsensical. It's like someone wrote it on acid. But I don't care. Weapon X-men will be a meaningless dumb mini featuring my two favorite alt Wolverines (Weapon X and OML), so I'm in. In the grand scheme of things, it's only four issues so really harmless.
    I am honestly happy your'e happy. I realized i never read anything with OML but that version looked a bit interesting. AoA didn't do muc for me, especially as an Apocalypse heir ? Is that still "cannon" ??
    Maybe they could also bring Tykeverine or somethin from the last Exiles series ? (I regret I didn't read that and I should check if it's on Unlimited)