Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Anybody else remember the Exiles story arc where a bunch of alternate reality Wolverines teamed up against an army of other alternate Wolverines?

I'm glad for the people who like Wolverine this much, but that's a HUGE insult to the concept of Exiles.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    I'm glad for the people who like Wolverine this much, but that's a HUGE insult to the concept of Exiles.
    Not everybody has to like this book to like Wolverine. At least not for me

Quote Originally Posted by Keno View Post
    Not everybody has to like this book to like Wolverine. At least not for me
    That's not what I said. But I think you have to REALLY enjoy Wolverine to be interested in that book.

I think the difference is that I don't see Wolverine fans going into the Astonishing Iceman threads to **** on that book for existing. Just saying...

Quote Originally Posted by Hakka84 View Post
    I''m really envious of Wolverine fans - they always get plenty of content with the man and also his alternate versions get attention too.
    I fail to be be happy for you though (as fan of characters who don't get much attention, it is hard to cheer when it's announced a title that features only Wolverine(s). Sorry.
    No one says you have to cheer. You can always just not buy it and ignore its existence. It's getting made because Marvel thinks someone will buy it. And I bet more people do than did a lot of the minis they've released over the past few years, or even will release in the next few. It will find its audience. No one is forcing you to be among them.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 12-19-2023 at 12:23 PM.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Keno View Post
    They usually get watered down and they become more irelevant. When Uncanny X-Force reintroduced AOA it became so good. But when Ultimates was reintroduced it wasnt as good as it was suppose to be. Even with Spidey fans rejuventing with their favorite couple with such a good creative team weren't too happy knowing they aren't going to get what they want in 616.
    Which Ultimates are you talking about? The one that just got reintroduced? I'd say it's a bit early to say whether it will be good or not, seeing as it hasn't come out yet.

That's not what I said. But I think you have to REALLY enjoy Wolverine to be interested in that book.
    I only refuted to the statement that you literally gave before. Enjoyment is different thing alltogether.

I'm glad for the people who like Wolverine this much

Unrelated to the wailing and gnashing of teeth over this book coming out, I've always thought this logo was f'ing dope...

It really made me want Logan to pass the Wolverine mantle to Laura so he could go by Weapon X in the 616, and his solo book could have this title while hers is Wolverine. But I'm probably alone in that amongst Wolvie fans. I realize that.

Justice for Weapon Hex!

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Anyone else get a bad feeling were going to be getting the most watered down brand safe books for the breecoort era ?
    Yeah I’m pretty whelmed. Just expecting a Wolverine solo announcement soon. Pretty by the books in my mind. Nothing has peaked my interest yet.

It's a mini. Like Dead X-men. Or Cable. Or before that Children of the Vault, Alpha Flight, Dark X-men, etc. This is not the flagship book of the Brevoort era, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    No one says you have to cheer. You can always just not buy it and ignore its existence. It's getting made because Marvel thinks someone will buy it. And I bet more people do than did a lot of the minis they've released over the past few years, or even will release in the next few. It will find its audience. No one is forcing you to be among them.
    I haven't said this, but I can understand why you would get defensive - when you're a Wolverine fan and have to do with people who complain about Wolverine always getting too many spotlight, at some point you "loose it", I can feel you, seriously. I would act the same, were I a Wolverine fan.
    Said this. What I meant to say it's not that someone is forcing me to cheer. I was just expressing what probably many others thinks, which is that we would like Marvel to focus on someone else than AU!Wolverines. The fact that there are Wolverine's fans who will buy it and Wolverine is a big seller doesn't mean we X-fans cannot complain when Marvel literally comes up with a mini made only of Wolverines. That's it. Especially with a story that, for what we know so far, isn't that much linked to Wolverines to need a specific Wolverine-only team. If you get what I mean.
    (Wolverine is a big seller and a safe one too. But if you don't give a chance to other characters to shine at least half as Wolverine, how can you hope to get another IP to become a seller?)
    Last edited by Hakka84; 12-19-2023 at 04:37 PM.
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

Okay, sure. But you assume that because this mini is getting made, something else involving characters you like better is not. It's a scarcity mentality that I think is misdirected. After all, you don't see Wolverine fans (or Cable fans) going into the Astonishing Iceman thread or the Dead X-men thread griping about how lame those characters are and why would anyone want this? Who asked for this!? Stuff like that. It's really kind of annoying. Of course, if there's nothing wrong with it, I guess I could start doing it. Just randomly going into threads about books I give zero f@#$s about and talking **** about them, and how I wish Marvel wouldn't even bother to make them. Super cool.

But whatever. People are gonna whine and bitch, and Marvel is still going to make stuff that I enjoy. And I'm going to buy it. So you are right about that. I guess I'll drop it and let people do what makes them happy, even if that's pissing on other people's enjoyment of things (in threads about books they have no interest in).
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 12-19-2023 at 04:55 PM.

Maybe we will see that Emma/Wolverine amalgamation

Look I’m glad that there are fans that enjoy this. I’m happy for them. But I’m not excited by this. Same way some fans of Cable dropped X-Men Red because he wasn’t in it anymore and voiced their opinions. I’m glad that they can say what they like and don’t like. Makes it a more interesting discussion. Nothing to be defensive about. Just people chatting about their opinions.