Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Wolverine, Sabertooth and X23 Vs. Hawkman, Killer Croc and Vixen

A battle of tooth, claw and wing.

Condition: Team start 40 feet away from each other. Vixen can only use Earth animals
    Winning Conditions: KO
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Here's a breakdown I wrote for a Vixen vs. Cheetah (Wonder Woman villain) rumble on ComicVine, but I think the same would apply in this fight:

Vixen doesn't just mimic the NATURAL abilities of animals, she ENHANCES those abilities as she sees fit, so she could very easily counter anything Wolverine, Sabertooth and X-23 try and come at her with. Her powers are backed by MAGIC.

Vixen is ALSO powered by a god, who in canon has altered Vixen's powers as he sees fit.

Another thing is, there's nothing stopping Vixen from making duplicates of herself using planarian worm, and having each different duplicate using a different animal ability against her opponents. Each duplicate could also stack different animal abilities and beat Wolverine, Sabertooth and X-23 that way. Each duplicate could also stack animal poisons and toxins and use those against the 3 Marvel characters. How will they defeat 50 or so different Vixens attacking them at the same time with different stacked/combined animal abilities? The Marvel trio would be overwhelmed.

Not to mention that Vixen has the ability to regenerate her body from almost NOTHING (Wolverine-level healing). Any Vixen clones that the Marvel trio MIGHT end up killing would just regenerate and start the fight all over again.

And all of that is WITH Vixen wearing the totem. When she's NOT wearing the totem, she's even MORE powerful and dangerous, because there's nothing holding her back at that point. When she's not wearing the totem, that's when she starts mimicking the abilities of humans. Imagine her mimicking the combined genius-level intellects of Mr. Terrific, Lex Luthor and Batman to devise a quick strategy to defeat the Marvel team.

If written correctly, Vixen's too versatile for the Marvel trio to pull out a win.

I see the real, original Vixen (no clones) hovering in the air like a hummingbird, looking down at all of her Vixen clones beating the crap out of the Marvel trio while Hawkman and Killer Croc sit this fight out and watch from the sidelines.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Here's a breakdown I wrote for a Vixen vs. Cheetah (Wonder Woman villain) rumble on ComicVine, but I think the same would apply in this fight:

Vixen doesn't just mimic the NATURAL abilities of animals, she ENHANCES those abilities as she sees fit, so she could very easily counter anything Wolverine, Sabertooth and X-23 try and come at her with. Her powers are backed by MAGIC.

Vixen is ALSO powered by a god, who in canon has altered Vixen's powers as he sees fit.

Another thing is, there's nothing stopping Vixen from making duplicates of herself using planarian worm, and having each different duplicate using a different animal ability against her opponents. Each duplicate could also stack different animal abilities and beat Wolverine, Sabertooth and X-23 that way. Each duplicate could also stack animal poisons and toxins and use those against the 3 Marvel characters. How will they defeat 50 or so different Vixens attacking them at the same time with different stacked/combined animal abilities? The Marvel trio would be overwhelmed.

Not to mention that Vixen has the ability to regenerate her body from almost NOTHING (Wolverine-level healing). Any Vixen clones that the Marvel trio MIGHT end up killing would just regenerate and start the fight all over again.

And all of that is WITH Vixen wearing the totem. When she's NOT wearing the totem, she's even MORE powerful and dangerous, because there's nothing holding her back at that point. When she's not wearing the totem, that's when she starts mimicking the abilities of humans. Imagine her mimicking the combined genius-level intellects of Mr. Terrific, Lex Luthor and Batman to devise a quick strategy to defeat the Marvel team.

If written correctly, Vixen's too versatile for the Marvel trio to pull out a win.

I see the real, original Vixen (no clones) hovering in the air like a hummingbird, looking down at all of her Vixen clones beating the crap out of the Marvel trio while Hawkman and Killer Croc sit this fight out and watch from the sidelines.
    If you read the OP, Vixen can use only Earth animals. What Earth animals are you thinking that Vixen can call upon to down the claw people? Serious question. No Earth poisons will hurt them. Logan and his analogues rip through grizzlies, giant crocs, etc. like tissue paper. The fastest animals on Earth are downright slow compared to CBPH-ish fighters.

For your bonus strategy, mimicking high IQ guys doesn't really help from 40 feet apart - she might be able to come up with sure-fire wins, but she lacks the equipment to build anything and lacks the time and environment to communicate and use strategies in combat.

I'm not saying that she can't win this, it's just that none of your strategies except perhaps one would seem to "guarantee" such a result.

How does her cloning power work? Is that a normal thing? How often does she use it? How long does it take for her to implement it? What are the limits?

For her regen, how long does it take? If she's KO'able for 10 seconds, that's long enough to lose a Rumble.

Finally, somewhat unrelated, Cheetah has massive super speed and the power to physically hurt Wonder Woman. There is simply no way in hell that Vixen could beat her in a Rumble - Vixen would be completely dead before she knew the fight began. Respecting a character and their abilities is one thing, but here at Rumbles, there are some specific rules we use to manage fights. They are available in the stickies at the top of the page.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Croc, as usual, wonders wth he did to deserve getting put in this fight.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Are these things she's actually done or is this "theoretically she could do this," territory?

Can Vixen mimic Gorilla Grodd?

Doesn't Hawkman pretty much solo this?

Because I'm the OP, I'm not gonna say to much but her some Vixen info...

She can heal damage within seconds and has been been able to regenerate her entire body in a minute.

Yes, she fought Gorilla Grood before. She nearly killed him with his own abilities.
    IMG_20231220_004809.jpg
    IMG_20231220_004908.jpg
    IMG_20231220_005029.jpg

Then Vixen solos.

Yeah, if we’re giving Vixen the abilities of Grodd, this fight is done. Nobody else stands a chance.
    Chief Curmudgeon

While I don't see any use of mental powers in the scene, she clearly shows herself to be of the same level of physicality as Grodd.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    While I don't see any use of mental powers in the scene, she clearly shows herself to be of the same level of physicality as Grodd.
    Funny thing about the "No mental power". Grodd's mental powers are what caused her to savagely attack him.
    IMG_20231220_131922.jpg
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 12-20-2023 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    If you read the OP, Vixen can use only Earth animals. What Earth animals are you thinking that Vixen can call upon to down the claw people? Serious question. No Earth poisons will hurt them. Logan and his analogues rip through grizzlies, giant crocs, etc. like tissue paper. The fastest animals on Earth are downright slow compared to CBPH-ish fighters.

For your bonus strategy, mimicking high IQ guys doesn't really help from 40 feet apart - she might be able to come up with sure-fire wins, but she lacks the equipment to build anything and lacks the time and environment to communicate and use strategies in combat.

I'm not saying that she can't win this, it's just that none of your strategies except perhaps one would seem to "guarantee" such a result.

How does her cloning power work? Is that a normal thing? How often does she use it? How long does it take for her to implement it? What are the limits?

For her regen, how long does it take? If she's KO'able for 10 seconds, that's long enough to lose a Rumble.

Finally, somewhat unrelated, Cheetah has massive super speed and the power to physically hurt Wonder Woman. There is simply no way in hell that Vixen could beat her in a Rumble - Vixen would be completely dead before she knew the fight began. Respecting a character and their abilities is one thing, but here at Rumbles, there are some specific rules we use to manage fights. They are available in the stickies at the top of the page.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Are these things she's actually done or is this "theoretically she could do this," territory?
    Never mind my post, everyone. I forgot that this site's Rumbles section has certain rules for how fights are handled.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Funny thing about the "No mental power". Grodd's mental powers are what caused her to savagely attack him.
    IMG_20231220_131922.jpg
    Except it doesn't show her using them at all. So can she actually use them? Or did they just 'affect her somehow'?

But setting that aside, assuming Vixen CAN use Grodd's mental powers, why make a thread that's clearly a curbstomp? What are the Marvel three supposed to do here, if Vixen has Grodd's powerful telepathy and psychokinesis, other than get mindzorched and crushed?

I mean...you said this...

A battle of tooth, claw and wing.
    ^_^
    Why are we here?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Because I'm the OP, I'm not gonna say to much but her some Vixen info...
    As the OP, you are perfectly able to participate in the Rumble. You just shouldn't post a Rumble where both sides don't have a chance. Batman against Flash isn't a Rumble anybody needs to see: Flash can beat a planet full of Batmen before the Batmen know there's a fight starting. If it's an honest mistake, no worries, but we frown on intentional curbstomps.

She can heal damage within seconds and has been been able to regenerate her entire body in a minute.
    Does she need to consciously do this?

If she needs to consciously regen, she might be dead before she can act.

What are her reaction times like? If she's either fast enough to react to a 40 foot fastball special with claws, OR if she can come back from decapitation in less than 10 seconds...

How long does it take her to copy/transform/whatever? Is it conscious? Does she need proximity to whatever she is copying? These are super important in a Rumble. In a comic, speed often doesn't matter - the writer will have the vastly faster character patiently wait for their foe to do their thing: see any Superman comic or any Dragonball transformation. On Rumbles, we don't have them wait around for that.

So: you have three CBPH-ish-speed people on one side, and one of them (Creed) is MORE than capable of fastball special-ing one of the other two 40 feet with claws out at Vixen's head. If she has normal human reactions, she's getting decapitated before she can really do anything here. Can she come back from that inside of 10 seconds? Does she have faster reactions than the claw gang?

If she can, well, this is a total stomp in DC's direction: they can't put her down at all, and if she can copy Grodd, she can certainly put them down or at least out for long enough to win. If she can't, she's a non-event, even if you let her copy Superman, because she won't have time before she dies.

Yes, she fought Gorilla Grood before. She nearly killed him with his own abilities.
    Well, it's been mentioned below, but if you accept Grodd as an "Earth based animal" for the OP, and you allow her to copy him when he's not there and she can not be killed by the Marvel side, she wins by herself. It also seems like you knew this and so this is maybe an intentional stomp?

I haven't even addressed Hawkman yet. He's also going to be nearly impossible for the Marvel people to do much to. He's also immortal IIRC, so they can't even just wait for him to die!

Poor Killer Croc cries in the corner as always.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan