Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Poor Killer Croc cries in the corner as always.
    That or he's just happy to be on the winning side for once.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    That or he's just happy to be on the winning side for once.
    Yeah, I'm sure he'd rather be superfluous than being reduced to a meaty punching bag for the umpteenth time. (Or just meat if he was facing the Lizard again)
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Yeah, I'm sure he'd rather be superfluous than being reduced to a meaty punching bag for the umpteenth time. (Or just meat if he was facing the Lizard again)
    To be fair there are versions of Killer Croc who is outright superhuman. Able to rip off bank vault doors and fling cars around like they were weightless.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    To be fair there are versions of Killer Croc who is outright superhuman. Able to rip off bank vault doors and fling cars around like they were weightless.
    True, but that doesn't remotely fit the Rumbles meme, now does it?
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

True, but that doesn't remotely fit the Rumbles meme, now does it?
    ….Touche

Limit dance

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Isn't that almost all version's of him? Even the one in the DCAU was doing stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Isn't that almost all version's of him? Even the one in the DCAU was doing stuff like that.
    Is it just that he does all that high-end stuff but it's like it doesn't exist once he tries to directly fight Batman?
    Power with Girl is better.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Is it just that he does all that high-end stuff but it's like it doesn't exist once he tries to directly fight Batman?
    I think it is more that those feats are still pretty tame compared to the Lizard, who Croc often gets pitted against because of obvious thematic similarities.

I have to admit a lot of this is my fault for not specifying what Vixen is allowed to do in this fight

Does she need to consciously do this?

If she needs to consciously regen, she might be dead before she can act.
    It's kind of a mixed answer. Her healing abilities are not always on. She must pick an animal with a healing ability first. Once the healing ability has been chosen, it automatically heals her wounds. The healing speed is subject to her will. She has been known to heal wounds and broken bones in seconds

What are her reaction times like?
    Well again, this is my fault for not thinking ahead and saying what abilities she is starting with. Her speed/reaction time is all dependent on what she is mimicking. Her reaction speed can vary from a puma (which can be 10 to 15 times faster than a human) to being able to dodge Aquaman's strike with ease.

IMG_20231221_210035.jpg

If she's either fast enough to react to a 40 foot fastball special with claws,
    Well, she is fast enough to catch and overtake a Speedster traveling at Mach 2. So I don't think a Fastball Special is gonna faze her

OR if she can come back from decapitation in less than 10 seconds...
    While I consider my Wolverine knowledge to be decent. I don't think anyone on the battlefield can regenerate their head in 10 seconds. I really can't give an answer to that question as it took her a bit to regenerate her entire body.
    IMG_20231015_225516.jpg
    IMG_20231015_225433.jpg

How long does it copy/transform/whatever?
    It's a conscious thought, afterwards the abilities take immediate effect

Is it conscious? Does she need proximity to whatever she is copying?
    Yes. No

So: you have three CBPH-ish-speed people on one side, anand one of them (Creed) is MORE than capable of fastballd one of them (Creed) is MORE than capable of fastball special-ing one of the other two 40 feet with claws out at Vixen's head. If she has normal human reactions, she's getting decapitated before she can really do anything here.
    40 yards is more then enough time to pre-load herself with any ability she wants

Does she have faster reactions than the claw gang?
    Depending on what she picks. She is probably faster than anyone on the Marvel side.

If she can, well, this is a total stomp in DC's direction: they can't put her down at all, and if she can copy Grodd, she can certainly put them down or at least out for long enough to win.
    So, when I originally convinced this fight I was thinking just cat-mode Vixen. But because I didn't specify her abilities. I create a mismatch in favor of DC. My bad...sorry

Well, it's been mentioned below, but if you accept Grodd as an "Earth based animal" for the OP, and you allow her to copy him when he's not there and she can not be killed by the Marvel side, she wins by herself.
    Well, Grodd is from Africa and Vixen doesn't need to be near him to mimic his abilities.

It also seems like you knew this and so this is maybe an intentional stomp?
    Again Claws, Healing factor and weapon were my original thoughts.

I haven't even addressed Hawkman yet. He's also going to be nearly impossible for the Marvel people to do much to. He's also immortal IIRC, so they can't even just wait for him to die!
    Come on dude. Give team Marvel some chance.

Poor Killer Croc cries in the corner as always.
    Lol, I thought he would have been a match for Sabertooth.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 12-21-2023 at 09:35 PM.

Astonishing Member

Might not make a difference in this fight, but I really liked a moment from a while ago where Sabretooth's healing factor was good enough to survive being magically aged a thousand years in an instant, even if if left him close to death. Was good enough for High Evolutionary to consider him a quality sample for his own experiments.

People tend to forget how strong Sabretooth is.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    People tend to forget how strong Sabretooth is.

I think Claremont is one of the few to give Sabertooth super-strength. Everybody else writes him as below super human.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I think Claremont is one of the few to give Sabertooth super-strength. Everybody else writes him as below super human.
    I'm not sure. During Uncanny Avengers Brother Voodoo and Rogue agreed to keep Sabertooth under a mystical leash in order to smell and reveal the High Evolutionary plot, and even Sam Wilson Captain America agreed at the time.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    I'm not sure. During Uncanny Avengers Brother Voodoo and Rogue agreed to keep Sabertooth under a mystical leash in order to smell and reveal the High Evolutionary plot, and even Sam Wilson Captain America agreed at the time.
    Why would that prove he has super strength? He's a known saddistic murderer that throws hands with Wolverine. I would want him on a mystical leash all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I have to admit a lot of this is my fault for not specifying what Vixen is allowed to do in this fight.
    Well, that didn’t help, but…

Well, she is fast enough to catch and overtake a Speedster traveling at Mach 2. So I don't think a Fastball Special is gonna faze her
    40 yards is more then enough time to pre-load herself with any ability she wants
    … which includes, as per your statements, her ability to mimic Grodd, who could single handedly tear apart the Marvel three.

Depending on what she picks. She is probably faster than anyone on the Marvel side.
    So that compounds the issue. She’s faster than them and with the strength and durability to destroy them.

So, when I originally convinced this fight I was thinking just cat-mode Vixen. But because I didn't specify her abilities. I create a mismatch in favor of DC. My bad...sorry.
    It happens to everyone.

Don’t worry about it.

Come on dude. Give team Marvel some chance.
    He can’t. Because unfortunately you didn’t.
    Chief Curmudgeon