View Poll Results: Will You Miss The DCEU?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - I Will Miss It!

13 13.40%
  • No - Bring On The New Universe!

58 59.79%
  • I’m Indifferent Either Way.

26 26.80%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I still want Marvel Studios to cast Cavill, Gadot, Affleck and Fisher as Hyperion and the Squadron Supreme. I think it'd be hilarious.
    I would see that movie in the theaters and re-watch on Blu-Ray on continuous play at home.

I agree, it would be HILARIOUS.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

My final ranking

1. Wonder Woman
    2. Harley Quinn
    3. Aquaman
    4. Blue Beetle
    5. Shazam
    6. Man of Steel
    7. The Suicide Squad
    8. WW84
    9. The Flash
    10. Suicide Squad
    11. BvS
    12. JL
    13. Black Adam
    14. Aquaman 2
    15. Shazam 2

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Isn't that just smart consumption, not paying money to watch something you're not that interested in?
    CORRECT...

All this nonsense of fatigue and hard dare something get made that I did not ask for is pointless.

That is what you are suppose to do. Watch what you want and ignore what you are not interested in or take a wait and see attitude towards it.

Not the behavior that we have seen especially this year.

Folks attacking creators and actors.
    Attacking stores.
    Banning together to be all levels of toxic.

What does any of that solve? NOTHING.

Who asked for Blue Beetle or Black Adam? Guess what once upon a time that same question was asked of Batman, Superman, WW, Hal, Spider-Man and others.

Nobody asked for the commandos or Booster Gold. I won't watch them but I understand for the betterment of DC stuff like that has to be made. Because there is a bigger picture.

Folks bash Marvel but 33 movies introduced a lot characters to the public and the trade sales reflected that.

I said this in the other thread about this, but regardless of which ones I liked or not, (and I found most of them just okay) the only one I'd rewatch is "The Suicide Squad."

Oh, and I said that I feel bad for Cavill that he had to play "sad, angsty, I'm soooo burdened by my greatness" Superman rather than one who was more ... Superman.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 12-24-2023 at 12:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I still want Marvel Studios to cast Cavill, Gadot, Affleck and Fisher as Hyperion and the Squadron Supreme. I think it'd be hilarious.
    If played in a theoretical movie as they are in the comics, all you'd get is the Squadron getting mind-controlled into working for the villain, then getting their asses kicked by the Avengers and lectured on how far too willing and eager their Earth's populace is to follow anybody who sets themselves up as the authority of the week. NOT a depiction of the SS (sorry) as unironically genuine heroic heroes. After the DCEU, do you really want to subject C/B/A to that?

(Fisher wouldn't have to worry, as the Squadron has no equivalent of Cyborg and, frankly, he's not good enough to be cast as any of the Squadron Supreme's actual remaining characters to begin with.)

Incredible Member

Ray Fisher as Nighthawk in this hypothetical scenario is actually intriguing to me.

Yeah.... i'd pay to see a Ray Fisher Nighthawk if for no other reason than to see the gnashing of teeth lol.
    Don't complain. Create.

Honestly its crazy that it took this long for it to end. They had to sell WB off because of it, which is still in trouble, and yet it still didn't end. And now the comic movie boom might be over. Zack Snyder might go down as the worse thing that ever happened to DC.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 12-24-2023 at 03:39 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by etrumble View Post
    I would see that movie in the theaters and re-watch on Blu-Ray on continuous play at home.

I agree, it would be HILARIOUS.
    Yes, yes, yes! I've had the same thought before.

I'll miss parts of the DCEU, but I'll miss most the missed opportunities. I wanted to see that Batman vs. Deathstroke movie. I also would've liked to have seen what was teased at the end of Whedon's Justice League too. And the Justice League vs. Suicide Squad tease at the end of the first Suicide Squad movie. I wanted to learn what happened to Robin, and I would've liked to have seen Leto get another, real, chance at playing the Joker (not counting the Snyder Cut cameo). I also would've liked to have seen Martian Manhunter and John Stewart. I would've liked to see what Snyder could've done with Metallo and Brainiac.

The DCEU was uneven, but looking back, I enjoyed it more than I disliked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    If played in a theoretical movie as they are in the comics, all you'd get is the Squadron getting mind-controlled into working for the villain, then getting their asses kicked by the Avengers and lectured on how far too willing and eager their Earth's populace is to follow anybody who sets themselves up as the authority of the week. NOT a depiction of the SS (sorry) as unironically genuine heroic heroes. After the DCEU, do you really want to subject C/B/A to that?

(Fisher wouldn't have to worry, as the Squadron has no equivalent of Cyborg and, frankly, he's not good enough to be cast as any of the Squadron Supreme's actual remaining characters to begin with.)
    No make them like the Seven from the Boys.

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post

I don't know. I think you could get some mileage out of a group of classic heroes that were being controlled by some outside force and turned into something darker that they never wanted to be.

I am not going to miss it even a little bit.
    Read The Flash#1 this September!

Still wonder if one day, we'll ever get the chance to see a cut of Batgirl.

I have a feeling it probably was one of the better DCEU movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    Still wonder if one day, we'll ever get the chance to see a cut of Batgirl.

I have a feeling it probably was one of the better DCEU movies.
    Only ifit were leaked. WBD can't make $$$ iff of it so they can't sell it or release it on a platform

The DC movies of the past decade were so damn inconsistent.

Marvel had a few missteps during their unprecedented rein but the majority of their films were enjoyable. It was the exact opposite with DC movies.

Blue Beetle was the only non-Batman or Joker DC flick in the last two years to get positive reviews from both critics and fans. You have to go back to The Suicide Squad in 2021 to find another one. So it’s really no wonder audiences gave up on the brand.

Bring on the reboot.

It is a shame that WW ultimately failed with 84. Putting Diana in a different decade each film was one of the more original things in superhero movies